Lukas Podolski

TF S4DK

Worried? By out of date quotes?

Philippe Auclair @PhilippeAuclairVia @Germangunners: according to Express.de, Podolski deal between Koln and Arsenal could be announced tomorrow.http://www.express.de/fc-koeln/wechsel-nach-london-poldi-spuelt-dem-fc-10-millionen-euro-in-die-kasse,3192,11920848.html

raphael honigstein @honigstein

Express says deal likely to be announced on Monday

raphael honigstein @honigstein

tomorrow's Express: fee for Podolski includes two friendlies with AFC, will take total value to €15m

Does anyone know if theres any truth to these claims?

Podolski Arsenal move delayed over fears of Koln fan revolt – report

The north London club were expected to announce the signing this week but the German side requested it be postponed after suffering a 6-1 Bundesliga loss to Dortmund last weekend

Standard Sport reports the German international has agreed terms on a contract, believed to worth around £100,000 per week, but Arsenal are prepared to postpone the announcement until a more suitable time.

Koln suffered a 6-1 hammering at the hands of league leaders Borussia Dortmund last week and are worried about further riling supporters with the news.

The German club are also reportedly interested in having a 'departure conference' for Podolski so that he can officially say goodbye to the club he began his career at.

Arsene Wenger has remained coy on the transfer, stating last week that “it could happen sooner, it could happen later”.

However, according to Standard Sport, it will be announced at the conclusion of the German season as Koln continue to battle for survival.

Former Germany goalkeeper Toni Schumacher has also confirmed to Express.de that Podolski is indeed leaving.

“Yes, Luke [Podolski] is leaving us,” he confirmed.

“This is unfortunate, but too late to change. Our task will be to assist the youth to breed a new Podolski.

“We have to do it, to create more youth players to jump into the first team

Per is out for a long time, he third choice, he could potentially be fourth, if we get Jan Vertonghen, Arsene could be bringing in the dutch, and showing RVP some intention

/

Apprently Boro Primorac went to Florentina to see RIccardo Montolivo..whats the low down on this guy

plus once uve come back from a serious injury, u better hope u can keep up form fast,

wenger went from playing johan every game, to coming back from injury, seeing how he is, and making him a utility player

the only way Per is getting rotated or getting game time like he did at the start of this season, is if Vermarlen and Kos, both come back from the euros, looking tired and jaded

Quite an informed Londoner up here tells me that this deal is going to be a disaster if you don't make Champions League football.

There is no way you can afford RVP & Podolski on the same pay roll without Champions League income which means it's highly likely your star striker could leave to balance the books.

Bit uncanny Wenger securing a large contract just before the end of March when so much still rests in the balance.

Not heard about that one fella.

Lad I drink with at the pub works at Morgan Stanley and does book keeping for Emirates Airlines and they rent out a box at the Emirates so he sits with quite a few well regarded members.

Never heard of M'Villa talked about in the box.

I can tell you who comes up quite frequently is Ben Arfa.

• 5 weeks later...

Arsenal have completed the signing of Germany international forward Lukas Podolski from Cologne.

Podolski will join the Gunners in the summer, after reaching an agreement with the club about personal terms and passing a medical. Neither club has announced the transfer involved.

"The move to Arsenal provides a great opportunity for me to gain experience in international competitions at a European top club," Podolski said. "I have made this decision not against FC Cologne but for this great opportunity and the good of my own individual development.

"This was not an easy decision for me at all, as Cologne, our fans and the city are something special for me. I will always carry Cologne in my heart. We need to pool our strengths now and have to be fully focused on our survival in the Bundesliga."

Claus Horstmann, Cologne's executive board chairman, added the transfer was the best move for the player - who joined the club as a ten-year-old and returned in 2009 after an inconsistent three-year spell with Bayern Munich.

"We are proud of the development Lukas Podolski has taken at 1.FC Cologne within the last years," Horstmann said. "That's why we deeply regret his step, which is not a decision against FC but for the good of his own career.

"Cologne were prepared to extend Lukas Podolski's contract on the basis of a competitive offer. Nonetheless, this early transfer decision offers scope and planning security for the next season."

It is done.

Koln are currently 16th and 4 points from safety with a way worse goal difference from the team 15th.

They wont annouunce it until their fate is sealed, and if they do go down, announcing it and the fact that they concluded the deal earlier, rather than now and his relegation release clause come into play it will seem a good financial move.

15 ss-stat-side.gif FC Augsburg 33 7 14 12 35 49 -14 35

16 ss-stat-side.gif FC Koln 33 8 6 19 38 71 -33 30

One game left.