Lukas Podolski

TF S4DK

podolski_vanpersie_hand5x4_Diashow.jpg

"He's a really good player," Van Persiespacer.gif told Sky Sports News. "I know that he has played 91, 92 times games for Germany, which says it all.

"He is a really good player, an experienced player and he has been in the game at the highest level for more than eight years.

"He had a little trip to Munich a couple of years ago and then came back to Cologne.

"He is a great player and a great character to have around because he's a winner. When we played against Cologne in pre-season you could see that he's a winner.

"Even though it was a friendly he was doing absolutely everything to win and we are very happy that he's coming to Arsenal."

Van Persie's influence at Arsenal this season has been rewarded with the FWA Footballer of the Year and PFA Player of the Year awards, but the Netherlands international feels under no extra pressure to perform.

He added: "There's always pressure and I have my own pressure.

"I ask a certain standard of my game, that's not something new. I always ask myself to provide assists, to score goals and help my team-mates out.

"This year and the second part of last season has gone really well. I always ask those standards of my game."

Like I said we will see and yes underwhelmed not like you or any of us going crazy or nuts over the signing, a upgrade on what we have bar RVP but hardly that hard considering who we have.

Is he good on the wing ?

\

Erikssen next ?

f*ck off.. Eriksen aint goin nowhere..and if he is, Barca..

The reason for being under whelmed is due to knowing it was a done deal, stories being leaked constantly, waiting for when he will sign, then when he does its as exciting.

To me I'm excited by this transfer, I do believe he'll be a success and we need better players who will offer competition and make others fight for their place in the team. Over the years we've been bombarded with injuries or players who are all but too happy to sit around knowing they'll be starting the next game and not fight.

Now with Podolski we'll have some competition in Theo, Gervinho (the guy has been f*cked since the AFCN), Ox (also in centre-midfield), Ryo (if he isn't sent out on loan).

I still think we need another frontman because going into a season with whats his face Cham.... & Park as back up is not cutting it, Podolski can cover but we need someone else also.

We got business done early which we've been crying for, now continue this work by signing more, if we leave it late that will not help.

Arsène Wenger believes that the signing of Lukas Podolski will help remove the goalscoring burden from Robin van Persie next season.

The Arsenal manager recently admitted that at times this year his side have been over-reliant on their free-scoring captain.

But Wenger says Podolski - who has scored 43 times in 95 appearances for Germany - will provide high-quality support for the Gunners captain.

“[He was on our radar] for a long time,” he told Arsenal Player. “He is a versatile striker - he can play through the middle, behind the striker, up front, on the left and on the right.

“That's what we like, and he can score goals as well. How many times have we been accused this season of being too reliant on Robin van Persie? He can score goals and provide, and he is the class that we want.

“He can fit with Robin van Persie through the middle or on the sides. That is for sure. That was an important part of the decision making [about signing him].”

Wenger has no concerns about Podolski adapting to life at Arsenal, despite a disappointing spell at Bayern Munich earlier in his career.

“He has gained experience,” he said. “First of all, Bayern are massive in Germany. Maybe he was too young when he went there.

“He has 95 caps for Germany at 26 years of age - you don’t get that if you are not a top-quality player. He had a great World Cup as well, and we have played against him and you can see he is a very intelligent player. That is what attracted us to him, basically.”

Excited about this signing, the boy has genuine pedigree

Walcott will be playing less anyways that's for sure, Yao Kouassi will rediscover his early season form and we should have quite a potent trio going into the start of the season..

--Yao----Podolski

-------RVP---------

Only concern is 2/3 would have participated in the Euro's

You don't watch the Bundesliga, and you must not have done research on this guy. I'm telling you, I don't care if there's a year left and Wenger wanted to wrap this up now, Podolski is a BIG BIG signing. Not no unknown, some "Let's mould him into a class player", the guy already has a rep, a proven track goal scoring record, and can stand next to RVP. We need another striker in and sell Chamakh, Chu-Young, Bendtner and Vela. I'm excited. Wenger is going for it next season.

YES! \O/ YES! \O/ YES! \O/

• Upvote 1

lol allow him tf

sucking up to the guy who has been undermining you for years

LMFAO.

Man said, ''Llow him, he's only in year 7..''

no.

/

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4231841/Lukas-Podolski-snubbed-Man-United-to-join-Arsenal.html

1. the so called 'source' is the sun' :/

2. it came on april fools day

3. again fergie dosent fuck with germans

4. who in thier right mind snubs man utd for arsenal :/ :/ :/

• Downvote 5