FANTA

The attributes Fergie highlighted for Gerrard...

:rofl:

Engine, desire and determination. Mocking.

He says he has more to his game than Viera, how is that mocking?

He compared him to what some would argue Uniteds best ever midfielder and your saying mocking lol your deluded.

And just to add, Gerrard is a better footballer than Robson or Keane could ever dream to be.

• Downvote 1

• 6 months later...

You have to remember they are both CM

First touch

Passing range(vision)

Dictating a game

Now you tell me what makes Gerrard better?

Your response seems a bit of a cop out, like you didnt wanna tarnish your rep, but I could and would mention tangible things like the goals, the passing range (Yeah the actual passing range not just being able to see it, christ even Carrick can see it), ability in the air.

Then there's the intangibles that I'm not even wasting my time listing.

You backed out as soon as you had just 3 things on your list

They're different players. The difference between them in overall ability is miniscule, you're just coming with different perspectives of how the game should be played so are discounting some values one brings over the other.

Scholes is a fine player, world class for a period, but he has benefited from some very favourable coverage over the past few years because of his rejuvination (post England retirement), retirement and subsequent return and the realisation amongst the public from WC2006 onwards that English footballers are mostly d*ckheads; a category Scholes doesn't fall into.

All these constant back and forth's about who's better than who is tiresome, its all a bit school yard. Don't understand why people can't just appreciate different players without having to make countless lists debating who's best. Its not like you're going to change each others opinions so why even bother.

• Upvote 2

dont piss me off young gerrard invented yayas game

its just that hes got that west af concrete shins

Comparing Yaya's game to a young Ruud Gullit would be more accurate

Very wrong

Yaya nada like Gullit

What Yaya does now that's what Rijkaard used to do from CM until he got moved to CB