FANTA

Barca are the best team in world football.

Scholes would excel but I could see Gerrard struggle because he likes to play at 100 MPH while Scholes like Xavi can dictate games.

Like I said Scholes is the superior footballer while Gerrard is the better athlete

Lets be realistic, Scholes wouldnt actually get into the Barca starting lineup simply because Iniesta/Fabregas/Thiago can all do the things Scholes does just as good. But you could comfortably take out Busquets or Mascherano from that spot, put Gerrard there and the team would still thrive because thats just one of the many things Gerrard has done/can do and excels at over Scholes.

So where would you put Scholes in the Barca squad? Who would you take out?

• Downvote 2

Barca are the best team in world football.

Scholes would excel but I could see Gerrard struggle because he likes to play at 100 MPH while Scholes like Xavi can dictate games.

Like I said Scholes is the superior footballer while Gerrard is the better athlete

Barca are the best team in the world now, but there is more than one way to skin a cat fella.

Gerrard as a DM? With what discipline?

Scholes can play in two where Gerrard cannot, Furthermore he needed two holding midfielders behind him to excel.

He played in a midfield two in his last game.

Scholes last game in a midfield two he played abysmal.

So are you telling me youre comparing a 37 year olds last game against a 31 year olds last game.

and thats the basis for deciding whose better.

fucking hell

Gerrard as a DM? With what discipline?

Scholes can play in two where Gerrard cannot, Furthermore he needed two holding midfielders behind him to excel.

He played in a midfield two in his last game.

Scholes last game in a midfield two he played abysmal.

So are you telling me youre comparing a 37 year olds last game against a 31 year olds last game.

and thats the basis for deciding whose better.

fucking hell

So what should i use to compare them, when was Scholes shining in a 4-4-2 as part of a two man midfield?

“When I was director of football at Real Madrid I had to evaluate the players coming through the youth ranks. We had some who were very good footballers. They had technique, they had athleticism, they had drive, they were hungry.

“But they lacked what I call knowing-how-to-play-football. They lacked decision making. They lacked positioning. They didn’t have the subtle sensitivity of football: how a player should move within the collective. And for many, I wasn’t sure they were going to learn”.

“You see, strength, passion, technique, athleticism, all of these are very important. But they are a means to an end, not an end in itself. They help you reach your goal, which is putting your talent at the service of the team and, by doing this, making both of you and the team greater.

“In situations like that, I just have to say, Gerrard’s a great footballer, but perhaps not a great player.”

http://timhi.wordpre...l-report230810/ good read

“When I was director of football at Real Madrid I had to evaluate the players coming through the youth ranks. We had some who were very good footballers. They had technique, they had athleticism, they had drive, they were hungry.

“But they lacked what I call knowing-how-to-play-football. They lacked decision making. They lacked positioning. They didn’t have the subtle sensitivity of football: how a player should move within the collective. And for many, I wasn’t sure they were going to learn”.

“You see, strength, passion, technique, athleticism, all of these are very important. But they are a means to an end, not an end in itself. They help you reach your goal, which is putting your talent at the service of the team and, by doing this, making both of you and the team greater.

“In situations like that, I just have to say, Gerrard’s a great footballer, but perhaps not a great player.”

What did he have to say about when Gerrards performance against Madrid?

Maybe he should give us the name of these youth players in Madrids ranks and lets evaluate how far they made it in their football careers, lol at him comparing some no mark youth players with a player who finished 3rd in a Ballon D'or award!

How can you put your talent at the service of a team, that contains Djimi Traore,Igor Biscan Milan Baros and Djribil Cisse, not everyone gets to play with Van Basten Rijkaard and Gullit, maybe if he did that would have humbled him.

• Upvote 1

What did he have to say about when Gerrards performance against Madrid?

Maybe he should give us the name of these youth players in Madrids ranks and lets evaluate how far they made it in their football careers, lol at him comparing some no mark youth players with a player who finished 3rd in a Ballon D'or award!

How can you put your talent at the service of a team, that contains Djimi Traore,Igor Biscan Milan Baros and Djribil Cisse, not everyone gets to play with Van Basten Rijkaard and Gullit, maybe if he did that would have humbled him.

Did you read the link?

/

Gerrard is a fine player, no point going any further than that

Gerrard or Scholes?

Silly Question.

Scholes because he has the superior footballing brain/ reading of the game.

Gerrard is the better athlete though

/

Anyone read Gerrard's Autobiography

Exert from his book

After being called up for the national team, I was talking with Michael Owen. Michael told me "Just wait till you see Scholes train", "you won't believe how good he is".

"I know he's a very good player but I've seen him play before". Michael just smiled as if to say you'll see.

Watching him train though was like something else, the way he strikes the ball was unbelievable.

"I just thought, how could I ever get to that level"

lol f*ck*ng hell mate, are you being serious, how many sports "autobiographies" are actually written by the player.

also, lets look at the teams scholes and gerrard have played with...... and how many games, trophys they have pretty much won singlehandedly.

Gerrard can be classed as a world class defensive midfielder, and an attacking one.

• Downvote 1

One thing I love in England is how despite so many top players and managers who are actually out on thepitch playing can see scholes is a serious DON yet gerrard who clearly isn't as highly rated, probably due to his 100mph type of play which often get's him schooled when up against pass and move type cms somehow get's elevated to scholes level????

only in england. ONLY IN ENGLAND

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Some of you are doing Gerrard a serious diservice, he was one of the best in the world at one point, and still is very good now but he just ins't in that upper echeon with Scholes and the greats

Yeah thats true. But the hype in england would have you believe that he is in the upper echelon. He gives the ball away far too much for a top cm. That's why he's very rarely been trusted in cm .Back in 06 before ppl realised how good xavi really was. He gave gerrard a serious schooling in how to pass and move. sh*t was disgusting

Some of you are doing Gerrard a serious diservice, he was one of the best in the world at one point, and still is very good now but he just ins't in that upper echeon with Scholes and the greats

Yeah thats true. But the hype in england would have you believe that he is in the upper echelon. He gives the ball away far too much for a top cm. That's why he's very rarely been trusted in cm .Back in 06 before ppl realised how good xavi really was. He gave gerrard a serious schooling in how to pass and move. sh*t was disgusting

Them ones where you pick out one game to decide how good a player is.

okie dokey