Euro 2012 ENGLAND Squad Thread

Grant Holt should be in that squad ahead of Andy Carroll on the strength of the whole season, you cant be taking players like Carroll to the Euro's on the strength of a few games imo

but i guess with Defoe in the bunch you couldn't really have 2 target men in there

Defoe too is a bit of an odd one but i guess he's a good option to come off the bench etc

Downing is a terrible terrible selection though, he's looks shockingly average all season and probs not played well since his Boro/Villa days, Hodgson must have just pick him cause he's left footed :/

feel for Micah Richards though, think he's a better CB than Jones and should be in there for the cover

but yeah, that squad is a bit limp wristed imo, no cutting edge, no bite could be a looooooooong summer :lol:

i have my doubts if England can even get out of that group tbh judging by the squad

im not Carrick's biggest fan but the par of having Henderson in ahead of him on standby is strong :lol:

and Johnson ahead of Lennon on form even with his injuries :/

but i honestly thought Hodgson would come in and pick a 'new' England squad and give them more of a chance

but instead he's just gone for the same old faces that fuck up all the time. why should they be given another chance? makes no sense to me, especially when you consider Hogdson was the guy no-one really wanted. but meh. matters not, the lolz will be immense though