QF4 - England v Italy

Admin.

Yeah England have Premier League quality which means nada outside the Prem without Johnny Foreigner.

The way Hoddle's England team used to overload the midfield>>>

/

I been told Robson was talented but was more box to box compared to Hoddle who was over elegant

You wouldn't have liked Robson.

Hoddle was continental in his style, Platini saying if he'd have been French he'd have got 150 caps sums up the type of player he was.

Robson was a fantastic footballer though, severely underrated.

He was like a Gerrard with more overall ability and better positional sense.

moaning about 4-4-2

curbs saying Wilshere could be the no.10 yet he's been used as a deep-lying / box-box for eng wearing no.4

Scholes should've gone because he can do what Pirlo does

Rooney is world class

Why didn't we pick carrick

Building up Wilshere as the new savior lool

lool the england circus is in full flow, bunch of jokers

edit: nah allow this im hearing cundy, cascarino & raymond wilkins all singing from the same hymn sheet re: scholes

how the f*ck you gona play scholes if the movement is sh*t, oxo cube was running into ashley coles space in the 1st game.. england don't have any movement

Pirlo plays well coz they have options, Cassano is always on the move etc these english are embarrassing smh how can the creators of football be soo clueless smh

now they're saying don't change the old players, keep them in so they can help england qualify for 2014 but in 2010 after germany dumped them out it was all about bringing the young players in lool you couldn't make this up

LOL Scholes can't do what Pirlo does, he is less creative and more conservative in possession.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Yeah England have Premier League quality which means nada outside the Prem without Johnny Foreigner.

The way Hoddle's England team used to overload the midfield>>>

/

I been told Robson was talented but was more box to box compared to Hoddle who was over elegant

You wouldn't have liked Robson.

Hoddle was continental in his style, Platini saying if he'd have been French he'd have got 150 caps sums up the type of player he was.

Robson was a fantastic footballer though, severely underrated.

He was like a Gerrard with more overall ability and better positional sense.

More overall ability?

• Downvote 2

Yeah, he could do anything Gerrard could and more but similar in that talismanic vein.

He is known for his brawn but he had finesse aswell.

Look at this from 1:00

He gets possession of the ball at his box, Cruyff's 2 players, carries on his run and scores the header.

Left, right foot as good as each other, turns on a 6pence, copious headers, assists all day.

Bossing the midfield >>>>>>>>>

1 of the most complete footballers wrapped in 1.

Haha really too bad he was a failure, i don't think Robson could ever claim to be one of the top 10 footballer in the world at any point in his career mate, more overall ability my ass, Souness was a better footballer than Robson and i've had old United fans confirm this to me!

• Downvote 2

Brian Robson was introduced to me as God, he carried average United teams all through the 80's Souness? lol

when someone says to you that Brian Robson was at least 10 times the player Roy Keane was you need to listen, and that was said to me the season after the treble season when Keane was at his peak,

he was never rated very highly across Europe due to not having many games for United on the european stage, and having shite luck with injuries when international tournaments came around,

Souness was part of arguably the best Liverpool side in history, whereas Robson was apart of dross. and Robson still eclipse's him,

Robson being a failiure lol

edit, you know what Dross is a exaggeration, he was surrounded by inconsistent players,

Souness was a classier footballer = Fact.

Robson was a swash buckling midfielder, who spent most of his time injured because he knew no better than to fly into stupid tackles, he wasn't a better footballer than Gerrard.

any United fans who saw the m,an play who told you Souness was better was either displaying a bout of real life being a stupid f*ck*ng prick or this conversation happened during your sleep.

Souness??

C'mon son!!!

Robsons local man come on, i feel sorry for him cause he never had any defining moments on a big stage in his whole career, tis a shame.

yeah tis a shame, a good few Cup winners cup campaigns were missed out on, when the English clubs decided to take a break from european football for the best part of the 80's

silly decision that was i agree,

i'd say being the first captain to lead his side to 3 Fa cup wins, at a time where the FA cup meant something was pretty big,

lifting the inagural premier league tittle was another. 2 premeiership tittles 3 FA cups A league cup, cup winners cup, super cup and a few charity sheilds,

what a pathetic career.

and baring later in his career when injuries took over he was a lynchpin in the side.

I still don't understand why and how the only Craque England have produced in my lifetime got told to cut out his tricks and stop showing off.

:/

Joey Cole?

Yes

I remember watching him play for the 1st time live on Sky Sports when West Ham dismantled Coventry

I couldn't believe what I was seeing (step overs/rainbow flicks/kick ups/cruyff turns/rabonas/beating five men with ease).

I was warned by my cousins(one of them went to St Alyousius and was moaning that their school team were robbed by West Ham because he wasn't allowed to play for the school and plus he was deemed to good for school football)

Then I see Joe Cole come on against Man Utd for a cameo and in that cameo man leaves Jaap Stam for dead with a bit of skill.

Then he breaks into the 1st team the tricks are still there then he transfers to Chelsea then they dissappear over night :(

I see Tony Carr in 2007 so I ask man what happened to Joe Cole

He started saying he can't do what he was doing before because he will get his head kicked off

Then I point to Dinho and Cristiano Ronaldo as references

Then smh@Tony Carr and plainface then I cut out

Joe Cole let himself down. Such an English mentality to blame everyone else.

Injuries didn't help him but he didn't work hard enough.

Which is why the tubby bastard was wheezing around Anfield 2 18 months ago. Reports seem to suggest he's got his act together in France and will be given another go under Rodgers?

When Chelsea won b2b titles (forget the exact years) he was instrumental over those 2 seasons. IIRC he got his first knee injury the year after (after the World Cup which he was pretty decent in too) and then never got back to the same levels.

yeah tis a shame, a good few Cup winners cup campaigns were missed out on, when the English clubs decided to take a break from european football for the best part of the 80's

silly decision that was i agree,

i'd say being the first captain to lead his side to 3 Fa cup wins, at a time where the FA cup meant something was pretty big,

lifting the inagural premier league tittle was another. 2 premeiership tittles 3 FA cups A league cup, cup winners cup, super cup and a few charity sheilds,

what a pathetic career.

and baring later in his career when injuries took over he was a lynchpin in the side.

He was injured before or during big international tournaments. He had little to no recognition outside England and the two premier leagues he won as a bit part player, the only people that hold him in such high esteem are United fans, he certainly underachieved if your trying to paint him as the best centre midfielder of his generation.

I still don't understand why and how the only Craque England have produced in my lifetime got told to cut out his tricks and stop showing off.

:/

Joey Cole?

Yes

I remember watching him play for the 1st time live on Sky Sports when West Ham dismantled Coventry

I couldn't believe what I was seeing (step overs/rainbow flicks/kick ups/cruyff turns/rabonas/beating five men with ease).

I was warned by my cousins(one of them went to St Alyousius and was moaning that their school team were robbed by West Ham because he wasn't allowed to play for the school and plus he was deemed to good for school football)

Then I see Joe Cole come on against Man Utd for a cameo and in that cameo man leaves Jaap Stam for dead with a bit of skill.

Then he breaks into the 1st team the tricks are still there then he transfers to Chelsea then they dissappear over night :(

I see Tony Carr in 2007 so I ask man what happened to Joe Cole

He started saying he can't do what he was doing before because he will get his head kicked off

Then I point to Dinho and Cristiano Ronaldo as references

Then smh@Tony Carr and plainface then I cut out

How ironic is it that one of the people most responsible for turning Joe Cole into a more disciplined player and stifling his creativity wasn't an Englishmen with a football philosophy stuck in the dark ages but a Portuguese fella.

Robson more naturally gifted than Gerrard and more of a big game player? lol

Robson more naturally gifted than Gerrard and more of a big game player? lol

Course have you seen robson play ?

Can't remember the last time i saw gerrard perform away from anfield in a BIG game .

Just to clarify we're talking about Steven Gerrard, as in the the guy who's scored in an FA Cup Final, League Cup Final, Uefa Cup Final, Champions League Final and won them all in the process. As in the guy who's just come off the back of a Euro's where he assisted a goal in 3 of 4 games, the guy who scored at the last WC and was his team's top scorer at WC 06 despite being played out of position to accomodate Lampard.

That Steven Gerrard yeah?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1