QF4 - England v Italy

Admin.

Robson is better than gerrard to be honest especially in big games .

With sounesss is a hard one because he made history with one of the greatest teams ever .

If robson didn't get so many injuries i would have said he would have been better

Lol what big games.

Robson more naturally gifted than Gerrard and more of a big game player? lol

Course have you seen robson play ?

Can't remember the last time i saw gerrard perform away from anfield in a BIG game .

Just to clarify we're talking about Steven Gerrard, as in the the guy who's scored in an FA Cup Final, League Cup Final, Uefa Cup Final, Champions League Final and won them all in the process. As in the guy who's just come off the back of a Euro's where he assisted a goal in 3 of 4 games, the guy who scored at the last WC and was his team's top scorer at WC 06 despite being played out of position to accomodate Lampard.

That Steven Gerrard yeah?

The guy who De Rossi and Marchisio called their Hero, the guy who was said to be the best midfielder in the world by Zidane, the guy who finished 3rd in the Ballon D'or nominations, and this is the guy there comparing to Robson lol, who never did anything significant on a big stage although he had 90 or so England caps and was part of the generation which produced the best England sides.

joe cole truly defines the term "luxury player"

why ?

joe cole is one of the most stupid footballers ive ever had the displeasure of watching

if he was born 5/10 years later he could of been a football freestyle party trick player

Mourinho was the best thing that happened to him

went to shit as soon as mourinho was gone

Joe Cole's talents was something else, I was lucky to have a season ticket in the late 90's and early part of the 2000's.

Saw a number of players have quality quality games at OT, the only one that really stands out is Joe Cole. He made Roy Keane seem so inadequate, can't think

Of anyone else who did that tbh.

Only way to stop him was to kick him up in the air, and even then he was tough.

Its a shame he was never given the platform and opportunity to do what he does/did best properly.

Course have you seen robson play ?

Can't remember the last time i saw gerrard perform away from anfield in a BIG game .

Just to clarify we're talking about Steven Gerrard, as in the the guy who's scored in an FA Cup Final, League Cup Final, Uefa Cup Final, Champions League Final and won them all in the process. As in the guy who's just come off the back of a Euro's where he assisted a goal in 3 of 4 games, the guy who scored at the last WC and was his team's top scorer at WC 06 despite being played out of position to accomodate Lampard.

That Steven Gerrard yeah?

You are right i suppose but i just dont know .

I aint seen that gerrard in YEARS and away from anfield pshtt . Forget about it .

• Downvote 1

I still don't understand why and how the only Craque England have produced in my lifetime got told to cut out his tricks and stop showing off.

:/

Joey Cole?

Yes

I remember watching him play for the 1st time live on Sky Sports when West Ham dismantled Coventry

I couldn't believe what I was seeing (step overs/rainbow flicks/kick ups/cruyff turns/rabonas/beating five men with ease).

I was warned by my cousins(one of them went to St Alyousius and was moaning that their school team were robbed by West Ham because he wasn't allowed to play for the school and plus he was deemed to good for school football)

Your cousin must of been in my year cos my other boy went St Alyousius aswell.

He musta knew about St Gregory's though because we wrapped the Middlesex cup twice and went Nationals.

Nah Joe Cole was fucked, I remember seeing him that same year for England U-16 with Defoe, Jay Bothroyd and I swear Ashley Cole in the side.

He went round half the Scotland team and passed it in the bottom corner from outside the box.

Dunno how Carrick weren't in that England side though, them time Carrick was fucking serious, coulda been English Pirlo.

Robson is better than gerrard to be honest especially in big games .

With sounesss is a hard one because he made history with one of the greatest teams ever .

If robson didn't get so many injuries i would have said he would have been better

This is fair.

Souness from what I've heard and seen was a quality player but was part of a great unit.

The Robson Gerrard comparison is more fair because they were both in joke teams and had to drag the teams on their back.

Low cole he is a local lad went holloway boys use to kick ball bitd with a few of he boys in the sobell center thing is see those skills he pulls off they all do the same thing that's what i mean about what is instilled in you when you was a younger are so important. My ends my generation every man loved the long shot and slide tackle only guy who has made it is (if you can call it that) is Sanchez watt