Semi Final 2 - Germany v Italy

Admin.

Your missing the point I am saying size of the country don't mean nothing unless you are someone like Andorra and San Marino. But holland and Portugal have a much smaller population than England but always perform because of the style of football they are taught.

Perform where bro lol

What are you on about?

Holland and Portugal are 2 of the biggest underachievers in world football, atleast England have a World Cup to their name.

England have had more winners at European club football than Holland and Portugal aswell so once again, perform where?

screenhunter05jun290026.jpg

As you rightly said, Portugal and Netherlands have 2 of the smaller populations, the results above correspond with that aswell.

The only real anomaly in that list is France.

/

Culture plays a big part but so does population.

England are limiting themselves by having a top league with so many foreigners in.

• Upvote 1

I agree foreigners make the prem what it is today

But before they put a cap on the foreigners we have in the prem they might wanna sort out the footballing philosophy so that the English players coming through are of a better quality.

Coz of a cap was put on now this league would be very poor to watch for the next 10yrs

I agree foreigners make the prem what it is today

But before they put a cap on the foreigners we have in the prem they might wanna sort out the footballing philosophy so that the English players coming through are of a better quality.

Coz of a cap was put on now this league would be very poor to watch for the next 10yrs

No, I agree.

It's not something you can just put in like that, it should be implemented little by little, year by year.

So next year every team should have atleast 3 English players in their 1st 11 for every match.

Then just increase it every 2 years till we get the desired amount.

We are talking about national teams and this guy pulls out a club competition table

:/

England have been to two semis since I been alive while

Holland have been to three semis/European Champions/World cup runners up

Portugal have been to three semis/final

/

France>>>England

Two Euros/WC and another WC final

England are underachievers in your eyes not for me I expect them to fail

• Upvote 3

Prandelli has to play 1 more ace and he's won it, maybe the 3 at the back again? Prandelli has barely put a foot wrong, made the subs at the right times, good selection, tactics, shape etc plays that crackhead Diamanti too often thoe

Cassano has been magical this tournament, such a shame he can't last the whole 90

Pleased for Balotelli, took the goals well..he should have 6 goals by now

The Italian defense >>>>>

Prandelli has to play 1 more ace and he's won it, maybe the 3 at the back again? Prandelli has barely put a foot wrong, made the subs at the right times, good selection, tactics, shape etc plays that crackhead Diamanti too often thoe

Cassano has been magical this tournament, such a shame he can't last the whole 90

Pleased for Balotelli, took the goals well..he should have 6 goals by now

The Italian defense >>>>>

Prandelli is tactically astute which I have been surprised, I knew he was a very good coach(an attacking one) when in charge of Fiorentina.

Montolivo has impressed me outside FM because he is playing further up the pitch and stopped trying to play in the Pirlo role.

Italian defence is immense/Buffon might of started nervously but he still oozes class.

I think he should stick with the diamond(Its the best way of playing outside 4-3-3 IMO)

3 at the back humbled spain but the diamond has been working a treat, it's a tough one to call

Montolivo is quality im telling you, Nocerino should be involved in the final imo & Marchiso is due a goal

Balzaretti & Maggio / Abate should be the full backs or wing backs vs spain, Chiellini is better in the centre

• Downvote 1

We are talking about national teams and this guy pulls out a club competition table

We are talking about the state of a nation's football, period.

You can't separate them, national teams are picked from the best of nation's club sides.

Ok here is the world cup list, again notice where Portugal and Netherlands are.

screenhunter05jun290134.jpg

The only real glaring anomaly in this case is Uruguay with such a small population.

But if you take into account the dates of their World Cup wins, 1930 (in Uruguay) and 1950 it suggests they may have been ahead of most countries interms of footballing development in that era.

Knowing what we know about football we know Uruguay was 1 of the first places where football was really adopted professionally.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

We are talking about the state of a nation's football, period.

You can't separate them, national teams are picked from the best of nation's club sides.

Ok here is the world cup list, again notice where Portugal and Netherlands are.

screenhunter05jun290134.jpg

The only real glaring anomaly in this case is Uruguay with such a small population.

But if you take into account the dates of their World Cup wins, 1930 (in Uruguay) and 1950 it suggests they may have been ahead of most countries interms of footballing development in that era.

Knowing what we know about football we know Uruguay was 1 of the first places where football was really adopted professionally.

Bruv it is the way they are taught to play football why do you think arsenal always take on so many foreign kids into our accademy ? It how the kids are taught. After England always flop it's always lets adopt this country's philosophy we know what the problem is football in this country is long ball put the lanky kid up front like I said watch that documentry you will see that at grass roots level that type of football needs to be wiped out in this country. That's why more time I can watch any la liga match because the football is good on the eye and it works.

You do know the club sides were ruled by Scots back in the 70's/80's right

From 2000- until now the foreginers dominated in the English club sides

/

England that 1966 win was lucky

Portugal got robbed (two legitmate goals ruled out)

Pele got butchered

/

Since 66 what have England done on the world stage?

Fucking nothing apart from Italia 90(fluked their way to 4th place) and Euro 96(played well in one game the one against Holland).

So by your logic that makes England a big nation yeah?

The Big 5 (Brazil/Uruguay/Argentina/Germany/Italy)

• Upvote 1

As much as we might like to ignore it Germany and Italy still have a far right following when it comes to football read demba ba and cisse interviews about why they love te English league so much compared to the German and the racist treatment they were given. Also there is no denial Italy has a huge far right following look how crazy they were going when mario was selected to make his debut. Look at the history of the black women beaten up in Italy in the past five years. Even look at was published in the national paper on Sunday as mario as a monkey