The Poker Thread

Woodpecker

Im quitting online poker again. Some of these beats are ridiculous.

Queen high Flush on the flop. Flop comes J 7 6. After ive raised pre flop prick bets into me so I raise. He re raises all in and I call.

All he has is a pair of J

Turn J

River 7

Why would you give him runner runner full house?? I could understand if he played it well but man was trying a squeeze bet in shitty position with a shitty J9 amd luckily got paid off. Fucking idiot.

So many rivers have killed me aswell. Im losing money quickly.

Looool

I haven't adjusted to how fast pokerstars online tables move. I thought WSOP was quick when revealing results of rounds but this is next level for my novice eyes to get used too. As someone who is new to the game it's hard to keep up at times.

Still won the first shitty play money (i know i know) SnG I entered to work out the table interface.

What I liked about Xbox live poker was that all the animations allowed me to see what the outcome of the table was clearly even if it was slower paced.

Will be making my first deposit tomorrow to get started properly.

I've deposited £100.

I played about 8 hours in 2 days and lost around £10 on micro stakes, I had the mindset that I'm out to learn and loved going balls deep with stupid all in calls.

I've been playing now for about 5 days. I've read two poker books, started looking at charts in the book and trying to play solid by doing what they say. I'm now £5 up and loving the whole learning experience. I'm at £105.

I'm still f*cking terrible (like really bad) but having loads of fun.

• Upvote 1

Oh yeh, I'm using Hold Em manager or some sh*t. I've got the free trial and after a certain amount of hands I get $75 off the full product. Anyway problem is I've got it installed but I have no idea how to use it. When I'm in game the hud comes up (loads of acronyms and random numbers) but I have no idea what it's telling me and it seems about 100 hands in the past.

No but seriously that depends on the way people around you are betting, what position you're in, how agressive the other players around the table are, you can statistically play every hand the same for the rest of your life and probably come out even, but winning and being good at poker is more than just whats in your hand.

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY POCKET BULLETS I'VE BEEN FUCKED ON?

• Upvote 1