SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD 2013

Flojo

Liverpool set to be snubbed by Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa LIVERPOOL may have to turn their attentions elsewhere this summer as they look set to lose out on Diego Costa.

Published: Mon, August 12, 2013

diegocosta-421536.jpg

Diego Costa looks set to stay at Atletico Madrid

The Reds are already believed to have submitted a £22m bid as a possible replacement for Luis Suarez.

The Uruguayan has been pushing for a move to Arsenal, although Brendan Rodgers has already deemed their latest bid for him risible.

And now it seems Liverpool are set to be rebuffed by the Brazilian striker.

According to Spanish paper Marca, Costa and Atletico have reached a verbal agreement over extending his contract.

They also note that Costa hasn't been swayed by any of the offers that have come in for him to date.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yet we have 3 strikers

u man are looking at suarez with a strike force of bendtner,park,podolski and giroud

sturridge and aspas will score more than all 4 players combined tho 

sturridge and aspas won't score more than Walcott and Giroud. I'm even tempted to say Walcott alone

ye u man are actually shook of liverpool

its kool i see it 

Guy is mocking your club after backing him :/

Said he wants to leave England 'cause the press are always on his back then goes to that same press to try and get a move to Arsenal.   Can't even play for you guys for the first 6 games.   Even with his impressive goal tally you only managed to finish 7th.  Previous to that you finished 8th.   Better off selling him and improving other areas.   Guy missed a good chunk of games every season for you guys anyways.  Obviously, don't sell him to Arsenal but you should be looking to get a decent sum for him and buy players.  You guys are not even in Europe ffs 

so what the fuck do u want?

do u want us to sell him to arsenal ?

You do know u aint seeing top 4 at all if this happens

worry about ur team cuz 

• Downvote 2

yet we have 3 strikers

u man are looking at suarez with a strike force of bendtner,park,podolski and giroud

sturridge and aspas won't score more than Walcott and Giroud. I'm even tempted to say Walcott alone

Swear down 

its kool i see it 

Said he wants to leave England 'cause the press are always on his back then goes to that same press to try and get a move to Arsenal.   Can't even play for you guys for the first 6 games.   Even with his impressive goal tally you only managed to finish 7th.  Previous to that you finished 8th.   Better off selling him and improving other areas.   Guy missed a good chunk of games every season for you guys anyways.  Obviously, don't sell him to Arsenal but you should be looking to get a decent sum for him and buy players.  You guys are not even in Europe ffs 

Like Rodgers himself said we was told to expect offers for Suarez this summer, we have had two and they was from one club. You can't force clubs to appear in the price range we talking...

yet we have 3 strikers

Swear down 

You know what I'm not even gonna bet this one, just gonna save it for May 2014. Silly silly.

some liverpool fans chat so much sh*t

grasping at straws talking about Bendtner and park  , avoiding man like wallcott

last season with suarez arsenal scored more goals than you but now all of a sudden minus your best player, you are talking about out scoring?

blackburn scored more goals than you man last year

/

i actually ment the year before  but yer you get the idea

some liverpool fans chat so much sh*t

grasping at straws talking about Bendtner and park  , avoiding man like wallcott

last season with suarez arsenal scored more goals than you but now all of a sudden minus your best player, you are talking about out scoring?

blackburn scored more goals than you man last year

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Guest Diddybob

It makes no sense selling Suarez, must think our club is Arsenal.

You get nowhere selling your best players window after window, its common sense at the end of the day.

Funny Spurs fans are talking like Levy doesn't play hardball every summer.

Guest Diddybob

yet we have 3 strikers

Bias

Guest Diddybob

Arsenal fans throwing bitch fits because were actually acting like a big club.

It doesn't matter what Suarez thinks, he has 3 years on his contract, and we will not sell him to our direct rivals.

We also are not in the position to attract a player of his quality, so we have to keep him regardless of the money.

Guest Diddybob

its kool i see it 

What is your point then?

Arsenal are the only club interested, that is why we are not selling him.

yet we have 3 strikers

Swear down 

You know what I'm not even gonna bet this one, just gonna save it for May 2014. Silly silly.

Put some money init, I'm reading betting talk

Guest Diddybob

No I dont rate Aspas from what I've seen. Looks more wasteful than Giroud tbh.

Sturridge will score but he'll get injured.

Hence why I was tempted to go JUST Walcott, but Walcott AND Giroud :rofl:  No chance.

Aspas is wasteful, still chip in with 7-10 goals though for the mere fact that he is persistent.

Sturridge will outscore both Walcott and Giroud

It makes no sense selling Suarez, must think our club is Arsenal.

You get nowhere selling your best players window after window, its common sense at the end of the day.

Arsenal fans throwing bitch fits because were actually acting like a big club.

It doesn't matter what Suarez thinks, he has 3 years on his contract, and we will not sell him to our direct rivals.

We also are not in the position to attract a player of his quality, so we have to keep him regardless of the money.

And 40 m is not enough, when his peers are going for 55+

Sport-Cartoons-Punch-1987-01-28-27.jpg

yet we have 3 strikers

Swear down 

Put some money init, I'm reading betting talk

I'd easily bet it but tbh its too easy money to take, but if anyone is foolish enough by all means, but tbh I really should see a parent/guardian slip for that ish.

Spurs would also likely demand Javier Hernandez as part of any transfer.

We have a lot of good, young English players."

please, Javier Hernandez

/

what does the English have to do with it? it's increasingly annoying hearing people mention players being English like that makes a difference in interviews

/

Suarez leaves once Arsenal beat Fenerbache and qualify for the Champions League. Until then he has no incentive.

he wins. every time. he cleans up for way more than the player is worth, and we end up an overall improved team because of it

so do Liverpool basically plan to keep Suarez, pay his wages etc, on principal?

other teams are waiting for the release clause to be cleared up, as are Arsenal. why would You bid over 40 mill if You might be able to guarantee him for 40 mill?

You wait until the Court of Arbitration rule that Suarez has a 40 million pound release clause.