Bank Accounts - How many different accounts do you have?

Bobby Reds

So after a round of excessive bank account opening at the start of the year I have 4 currents, 2 savings, and 1 credit card account.

A word of advice ("no shit" advice) - if you're opening up many accounts, don't tick the "I'll have the free overdraft" box. It will fuck your credit rating.

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252

{\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;}

{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}

\deftab720

\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs26 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0

\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2

\

\

u not get free biz banking?

}

the question is do you have papers going through them

No & no

All my accounts have purpose.

Nationwide Current - 5% interest on up to £2.5k

Santander Current - 3% interest on up to £20k + cashback on utility bills

FirstDirect Regular Savings - 5%, add in up to £300 per month

Newcastle ISA - 3% savings (think its 2.7% now - still the highest ISA)

Natwest Grad - keep that £1.6k interest free overdraft I never use, also its the oldest credit account so its supposed to be good to have that stay open.

FirstDirect Current - you need it for the savings

Barclays Credit Card - for building credit/having a contactless card.

Assuming they don't do credit checks, I'm gonna open up 2 TSB Current Accounts, that let you have up to £2000 each with 5% interest.

Renew my FirstDirect Regular Savings next week and it'll be on 6%.

• 1 year later...
17 minutes ago, dub said:

anyone got a Nationwide account (FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus) and wanna make £100 by doing this recommend a friend deal with me?

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/our-current-accounts/recommend-a-friend-tab#~

Yep

Pm me with Full name DOB and email then you'll get the email from Nationwide

• Upvote 2

Think I said this in another topic but can't find it. Looking to switch a current account as HSBC have pissed me off too many times recently.

First Direct seem to have the best reviews and recommendations but the fact they are owned by HSBC is putting me off, hate their whole internet banking set up so if it's the same format for FD then thats dead.

Anyone use them or got any other recommendations?

1 hour ago, Greens said:

Think I said this in another topic but can't find it. Looking to switch a current account as HSBC have pissed me off too many times recently.

First Direct seem to have the best reviews and recommendations but the fact they are owned by HSBC is putting me off, hate their whole internet banking set up so if it's the same format for FD then thats dead.

Anyone use them or got any other recommendations?

Halifax. 

I've found Santander to be the best internet banking one because they verify new payments via SMS code. No pairing BS like First Direct and HSBC, no putting in a code they've given through a phone call like Halifax, Lloyds, BOS, TSB (all 4 have the same internet banking with a different skin because they are all owned by the same Lloyds group).

But their (Santander's) offering is turning sour, 1.5% interest from what used to be 3%, and a £5 monthly fee. Maybe worth it if you take advantage of cashback but maybe not.

Tesco desktop internet banking is a bit annoying at times (the navigation could be better) but I'd probably recommend them, they've probably got the best phone app, 3% interest, and they verify via text like Santander.

But then you may wanna take advantage of a switching bonus. Do the Nationwide one with a friend or me (once I've got it open next week) or Fresh and you could get £100 for the signup. Or check the others here http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts#bonus