What's your salary?

kerser

16 minutes ago, Supermalt said:

Were you stacking while paying that or is fam helping out with deposit if you don't mind

for the rent or the mortgage?

for rent my day job covers it, for the mortgage when my contract here runs out its day job + hockey stacking + 50% from the future mrs.

after all these years of rent and bachelor pads i feel its time to settle down

but yea i do manage to save a bit per month, im pretty sensible with money

18 hours ago, The King said:

Over 1k a month in rent?

My mortgage is £1500 and I thought that was a lot, but at least that's going to set my kids up nice

well yes thats easily done -

depends on your credit

how much deposit you have

how readily available you have the funds to get a mortgage -

im pretty sure if everyone was in your situation our mortgage payments would be between £900 - 1800 a month on a general speaking terms

if none of the above are readily available - then people will rent and if the salaries good theyll pay 1k++ a month (IF THEY WANNA LIVE BY THEMSELVES)

18 hours ago, The King said:

Over 1k a month in rent?

My mortgage is £1500 and I thought that was a lot, but at least that's going to set my kids up nice

well yes thats easily done -

depends on your credit

how much deposit you have

how readily available you have the funds to get a mortgage -

im pretty sure if everyone was in your situation our mortgage payments would be between £900 - 1800 a month on a general speaking terms

if none of the above are readily available - then people will rent and if the salaries good theyll pay 1k++ a month (IF THEY WANNA LIVE BY THEMSELVES)

1 hour ago, Mr. Martinez said:

I don't see how man are going to be almost doubling their wages from ages 40-65?

what industry is this in? 

I was thinking more income than salary.

I'd personally like to expect that in my late 40's my children would be nearing independent and my mortgage paid so ideally I'd be increasingly less risk averse.

With the majority of a 58k income being disposable throughout the decade - putting some away for your older years, living lots, but also capital funding some schemes and projects from which a minimum 41k annual return after 15-25 years is a reasonable expectation.

I'd be totally understanding however if at 50+ one would prefer reaping what they sewed for the past 30 years and stopped playing the ladder.

I still think it's an achievable goalpost if you decide that's how you want to live.

On a similar subject, for those that have a lot of savings what are you doing with your money?

Ive got a load in lots of diff high interest accounts but the way interest rates are going i think im missing out. I dont really have the time to study & play the markets so what are my other options- bonds? Hire a stockbroker? Anything else?

1 hour ago, Fresh said:

I was thinking more income than salary.

I'd personally like to expect that in my late 40's my children would be nearing independent and my mortgage paid so ideally I'd be increasingly less risk averse.

With the majority of a 58k income being disposable throughout the decade - putting some away for your older years, living lots, but also capital funding some schemes and projects from which a minimum 41k annual return after 15-25 years is a reasonable expectation.

I'd be totally understanding however if at 50+ one would prefer reaping what they sewed for the past 30 years and stopped playing the ladder.

I still think it's an achievable goalpost if you decide that's how you want to live.

Yea that makes sense

made me wonder

anyone made a conscious decision not to have kids for financial reasons?

1 hour ago, Mic Man said:

On a similar subject, for those that have a lot of savings what are you doing with your money?

Ive got a load in lots of diff high interest accounts but the way interest rates are going i think im missing out. I dont really have the time to study & play the markets so what are my other options- bonds? Hire a stockbroker? Anything else?

When you say high interest how much exactly?

I would say bonds or an etf based on the US economy like Voo.

http://www.1stock1.com/1stock1_2323.htm

15 hours ago, Cole Des said:

When you say high interest how much exactly?

I would say bonds or an etf based on the US economy like Voo.

http://www.1stock1.com/1stock1_2323.htm

Safe for info. Ive got a couple of accounts which give you 6% interest but limited to putting in £500 a month. Obv got an isa but reached the allowance for this year. The rest of my money is kept in the santander 123 account which has the best interest rate of the high street banks