Haggling when buying a car

Illusion

Who said we were exclusively talking about used cars?

You telling me you rocked up and paid the list price on a new car?

u won't pay list but u won't get us much as u think off

you really wanna get a deal take it out on finance and they will be dancing around trying to sort u a deal cos that's where they make their commission.

Lol @ taking cash

there, some fucking value for you.

Was at car giant in Harlesden earlier on viewing a couple cars trying to haggle

They weren't having none of it. Gonna go back tomorrow and whip out di stack and see what they're saying then

Bought my car from there 3 years ago, was tryna haggle all day but they weren't having a bar. In the end I got £200 off a £13k car. It mattered not that I was paying cash up front

car giant don't own the cars they sell them for people so they don't make that much on the cars to be able to offer deals.

Was at car giant in Harlesden earlier on viewing a couple cars trying to haggle

They weren't having none of it. Gonna go back tomorrow and whip out di stack and see what they're saying then

Bought my car from there 3 years ago, was tryna haggle all day but they weren't having a bar. In the end I got £200 off a £13k car. It mattered not that I was paying cash up front

2bills of a 13k car pmsl they are jokers

After test driving a couple of cars and looking into the service history I decided not to buy. Got a dodgy vibe from there with all the 'managers special' deals and all that. Along with all the 419ers they got working there tryna sell me finance and anti-scratch spray I decided i'm gonna buy one privately

TBH never knew you could or tried to haggle in a Curry's type of place. Is this something you have to do with the store manager or what?

Also are people just shooting the breeze here or has anyone actually done this successfully?

You can, but its not a lot of money off, but again that depends on the store, the manager, what and how much your buying, etc...

init

all you niggers talking about it

but have you actually done it

Yes, I did it in Currys last year. Like I said the offers ain't great tho, infact midway thru the talks I dropped the microwave cos I knew I could get similar cheaper at Costco.

So pretty much your doing it in these stores cos they gotta a wider range of options/stock, delivery, etc...

As for cars, its about your balls tbh, you pretty much have to make your decision before you go in and hope you don't mug yourself off by having shit credit or not having the money ready.

There are so many variables to this however. That its hard to use a fixed example.

But however your buying be it new, used, finance, cash, whatever, just remember this - get everything they are going to attempt to sell you on your return to pick up the car, BEFORE you agree to buy the car - so say you want gap insurance, servicing plans, minor damage, paint protections, get all that shit agreed and take the piss.

Same with the price, they are car dealers don't be fooled by their gas, they want to sell you that car whatever it takes. If they know your serious about paying and will drop the p, then they will drop their pants around ankles to sell to you, its a commission paid job ffs.

Have you successfully done it @Afro?

Have you successfully done it @Afro?

Yes. 

picked up  a discount on a tamron lens £20 off its sale price on tottenham court road a few weeks back. Always do it with my camera gear. 

Talking of haggling just came back from servicing/MOT my car in Leyton quoted me £150 initially.  Haggled it down to £120 with a free car wash . 

I fix damaged an resell with my cousin occasionally and when it comes to the garage dudes. Always haggle hard. 

In life if you don't ask you wont get. 

with currys and them ,They all have profit margins, actually most electronic stores do. You can even flex when its a clearance product. 

I know with certain man tis pride. But hey! Your loss

• Upvote 1

Brought a Honda Jazz for the missus, however I looked on the Parkers guide for an idea on the price. All faults rectified i.e scratch on the rear quarter panel and interior door card replaced. Didn't feel the need to test drive it as it had full Honda service, warranty, breakdown etc... and I had been watching this cars price fall down over the past week. Got the car for a steal as I am seeing similar spec'd cars (age, mileage) going for more.

you really wanna get a deal take it out on finance and they will be dancing around trying to sort u a deal cos that's where they make their commission.

Did this with the car I just copped.

Straight told the guy, I have the cash to buy this outright, but what can you do for me if I take it with finance, you will get your commission, n I will pay up in full in a couple months. Guy started skinning teet n dropping, you didn't fall out of the silly tree did you.

although looking back...I don't think he actually niced me up THAT much tbh...might just pay off the finance next week to be a c*nt :)

Did this with the car I just copped.

Straight told the guy, I have the cash to buy this outright, but what can you do for me if I take it with finance, you will get your commission, n I will pay up in full in a couple months. Guy started skinning teet n dropping, you didn't fall out of the silly tree did you.

although looking back...I don't think he actually niced me up THAT much tbh...might just pay off the finance next week to be a c*nt :)

Played. Confirms what I've heard.

Did the finance option have interest or was it interest free?

They make interest free car finance? Lol, what the f*ck car is this?!

Last car I bought was used from a dealer.

Said I'd take it now if they took half cash and did the rest interest free for a year. Salesman just said yes, didn't even flinch. Makes me think I got a shit deal

They make interest free car finance? Lol, what the f*ck car is this?!

Last car I bought was used from a dealer.

Said I'd take it now if they took half cash and did the rest interest free for a year. Salesman just said yes, didn't even flinch. Makes me think I got a sh*t deal

Loooooooool....trust me, whenever someome agrees to something too easily I think FUUUUUCK....I should have gone for more!!

0% interest ads is suttin I saw as a yout on tv...them kia n skoda level of manufacturers might still do it (nowt wrong with those cars, im not snobbish like that....A to B motherfuckers)

Bought mine from car giant. Never had any problems really but never again.

Strictly private or dealer.

Thinking of selling mine actually but don't want to spend more than I am at the moment. Don't wanna downgrade either though. Tough choice