Leaflets

Guest eights

Leaflets in 2014?

seriously mate just go work for someone else this isn't for you.

:/

When did leaflets stop being useful?

I didn't say that I said leaflets in 2014?

As in who can't find that out themselves

100% certain if every man cosigned u this post would be totally different

:lol:

fuck your life.

Leaflets stopped being truly useful a while ago. Them and business cards at the wrong events. We get people asking for that kind of thing all the time. Ask yourself, what do you do with a leaflet given to you? 90% of whats handed to you either goes in the bin or on the floor right near where they were given. A few might make it to someones house where it will sit in a pile of papers that will go unregistered until they are cleaning, at which point it ends up in a different bin. 

Less than 2% of the leaflets given out are of any value to anyone at all. This number makes it almost completely a pointless waste of money and I am talking from experience. Find a different way to get people your information. I suggest making it the cheapest form available as you're clearly not at a place where you would actually have a half decent advertising campaign. Word of mouth and maybe 1 stand next to you explaining whatever it is you are selling.

And save your business cards for people that might do business with you. NEVER give a business card to a punter.

We plaster our website on everything we have and tell people to take a picture of it, that way they have the information they claim to want and can find ways to contact us through our website if they are serious.

• Upvote 2

Leaflets stopped being truly useful a while ago. Them and business cards at the wrong events. We get people asking for that kind of thing all the time. Ask yourself, what do you do with a leaflet given to you? 90% of whats handed to you either goes in the bin or on the floor right near where they were given. A few might make it to someones house where it will sit in a pile of papers that will go unregistered until they are cleaning, at which point it ends up in a different bin. 

Less than 2% of the leaflets given out are of any value to anyone at all. This number makes it almost completely a pointless waste of money and I am talking from experience. Find a different way to get people your information. I suggest making it the cheapest form available as you're clearly not at a place where you would actually have a half decent advertising campaign. Word of mouth and maybe 1 stand next to you explaining whatever it is you are selling.

And save your business cards for people that might do business with you. NEVER give a business card to a punter.

We plaster our website on everything we have and tell people to take a picture of it, that way they have the information they claim to want and can find ways to contact us through our website if they are serious.

you are talking fraff. but lets take your numbers as true.

Say eights is selling customised phone cases on his ebay store at £5 each and hes paid £99 for 10,000 flyers

You say 2% are of any use to anybody. 2% of 10000 is 200, 200 x £5 = £1000

To break even on the flyers he would only have to sell 20 cases. 20 flyers doing their job out of 10,000 doesnt look like a bad gamble.

/

Of course this all depends on your product and target market. But to say in general they stopped being useful a while ago you are talking out of your arse. 

Ive got clients that come back to me every month to get their same flyer reprinted in the hundreds of thousands. They work.

• Upvote 3

Flyers/leaflets work.

However peoples habits with them are weird/different/unpredictable.

For example when I'm out, handing me a leaflet is pointless, doubt I'll read it...

However when them people go door to door dropping shit through the door, on my walk from the front door to the bin, I will glance at them and at times some manage to stay on the breakfast table.

However I know some people that never read the shit that comes through the door, they detest it infact lol.

/

Actually where do I find them door to door man, might recruit them for something tbh, what they charging? anyone know the HA/RIC?

• Upvote 1

Say eights is selling customised phone cases on his ebay store at £5 each and hes paid £99 for 10,000 flyers

To break even on the flyers he would only have to sell 20 cases. 20 flyers doing their job out of 10,000 doesnt look like a bad gamble.

/

Of course this all depends on your product and target market. But to say in general they stopped being useful a while ago you are talking out of your arse. 

Ive got clients that come back to me every month to get their same flyer reprinted in the hundreds of thousands. They work.

Its all a time vs money issue. And when I say useless I absolutely mean when compared to other forms of advertising that blatantly work better.

And your scenario, even though someone pos'd it probably wouldn't work as that market is flooded.

Companies that use flyers, Ive found, don't seem to have the creativity to seek out more suitable means of advertising so them coming back every month is no surprise to me.

That last paragraph is absolute rubbish. Have you not thought they use flyers because they actually work the best for them?

Have to agree to disagree. I only see it as waste. Waste of time, money and resources. And again there are other ways to tell people about your product that work better and can be relatively cheap.

who says he isn't using other ways of advertising and also flyers?

like Faze says, it depends on the market

if You're selling to senior citizens, You're more likely to get them reading Your flyer and phoning the business line than looking up the market You're in online because they don't like online

Less than 2% of the leaflets given out are of any value to anyone at all. 

this red and bold part should be considered.

if You walk up to a random and hand them a flyer, they will drop it

if You gather genuine interest in Your product or service, then give them the flyer, they may use it.

if You give the flyer to a customer after a transaction, to keep their custom, they are likely to use it. 

example

when I go to see films at special advance screenings, I get given flyers for future releases.

this doesn't make me do anything other than look at the trailer for the feature film, but I keep the flyer and use it to watch the trailer and potentially watch the film, as well as, of course, sharing the trailer here and potentially a few more people seeing it. 

/

Its all a time vs money issue. And when I say useless I absolutely mean when compared to other forms of advertising that blatantly work better.

And your scenario, even though someone pos'd it probably wouldn't work as that market is flooded.

Companies that use flyers, Ive found, don't seem to have the creativity to seek out more suitable means of advertising so them coming back every month is no surprise to me.

I pos'd it and all of you, as you started a fairly good discussion, all imo with points.

If he/it made profit, it worked b. Come on, you might argue yeah but who much was that profit really worth when you take into account the man hours etc...

But market targeted advertising while easier, tends to be more expensive (which of course is a greater risk and cost) and still could not produce greater results.

All depends on whether the flyers are being handed out to businesses or to customers

But it is 2014 and it is Chapps so just go make a shitty phone case instagram account that nobody follows back and save the £99 to buy something to wear to your royal mail Xmas temp interview

shows how much you know about business and is probaly the same reason why your havent started anything for yourself you sally mally benchord

I'm a bit on the fence about flyers actually, I understand that promotion in any form is positive, but on analysis I don't think i've ever been to a rave that someone has handed me a flyer for.

In reality, you're only going to have a 1 in 50 success rate with flyers and thats all you should really be aiming for, if you give out 5000 and 50 of those end up with sales you've easily made your money back on the flyers themselves and got a couple of people through the door. I guess it does depend on whos on your street team too because I wouldn't be sold on a flyer but a person could convince me to go somewhere.

I would say theres no harm in flyers at all, maybe they work better on other people. I still make them occasionally for people but I can't attest to knowing an easier way of promoting something