German Airbus A320 Plane Crashes In French Alps

Mame Biram Diouf

Says in the official statement that they started screaming with about 10 seconds left

But as soon as the pilot was locked out they knew what time it was

Such a tragedy

Could have happened to anybody

Think people might of noticed like 5-6 ,I assume it would of felt like turbulence, or god forbid you look out the window but a lot of people just kept silent because they just thought it would be fine or they was ment to

One guy on the news last night, his daughter was one of the school girls on the plane. She forgot her passport at home, he drove it to her at the last minute before the outbound flight departed otherwise she would never have flown.

Can't imagine the pain he is feeling

This is real pain , prob beating himself up

Horrid

The Germanwings co-pilot who crashed his plane into a mountain killing himself and 149 people on board was receiving psychiatric counselling right up until the crash, it emerged today.

Andreas Lubitz locked the pilot out the of the Airbus A320's cockpit before setting the plane's controls to descend into a rocky valley, it emerged yesterday.
As well as having been signed off from training with depression in 2008, it was reported this morning that Lubitz had continued to receive mental health support up until this week's crash.
German newspaper Bild also reported that he was in the middle of the 'relationship crisis' with his girlfriend in the weeks before the crash and may have been struggling to cope with a break-up.
The new information emerged just hours after police investigating the disaster began a four-hour search of Lubitz's flat, which he is said to have shared with a girlfriend.
Officers refused to reveal details of what they have found but have insisted no suicide note had been recovered.
Yesterday, Lubitz's boss admitted he had slipped through the ‘safety net’ and should never have been flying.

Airlines across Europe have now implemented a new regulation to make sure there is always 2 people in the cockpit. 

The loss of the GermanWings Airbus is a ghastly horror. Until the facts are established, we should be careful not to rush judgements. Should it be the case that one pilot had a history of depression, we must bear in mind that so do several million people in this country.

Ay?

Oh, won't lie I glanced over that.

That argument about " the chances of you going down bla bla bla " is 100% valid though.

i remember when my flight got canceled coming back from Portugal during the smoke in the clouds or whatever it was. flew back the next day.

pops was going mad that i left in the first place , handkerchief touched his forehead AT LEAST 100 times during my flight back.

//

Bottom line is , you can never be 100% sure you'll make it to other end or not , is it worth the risk , nowadays?

Suppose the same logic can be applied to most things in life.

That argument about " the chances of you going down bla bla bla " is 100% valid though.

i remember when my flight got canceled coming back from Portugal during the smoke in the clouds or whatever it was. flew back the next day.

pops was going mad that i left in the first place , handkerchief touched his forehead AT LEAST 100 times during my flight back.

//

Bottom line is , you can never be 100% sure you'll make it to other end or not , is it worth the risk , nowadays?

Suppose the same logic can be applied to most things in life.

Mate, just look at this:

http://uk.flightaware.com/live/

Realise how many planes are in the air at all times, and these are just the commercial ones.

It's very safe.

I do still take a deep breath when we prepare to land however..