Is Mayweather Hated Because He Is Black?

JOHN DOE

Can honestly say I've never heard that line being said in my life time. Might just be who you associate with or the area you grew up in. If any one where I lived ever linked a car to criminal money it's because they knew the guy driving it was dealing lol.

Brits being haters has been known for decades

No one else remember the saying

Brits say oh he bought a new bmw he must be a drug dealer americans say he bought a new bmw he must have worked hard

????? Remember that from childhood

People brought up here of all races are salty i always pull up friends on it

Lol that is not a saying

Pmsl them made up ones

Gambino check

Yoshie check

Dom dom check

Thun check

1 more left

/

Maybe i got the saying twisted slighlty but britain is known for its cynicism/skepticism world wide

Sounds like another made up one to be honest. Brits knowwn for skepticism?

We are known for the Royal Family, Stiff upper lips, Crumpets and Tea our awesome Empire and apparently bad teeth. Never heard nobody talk about cynicism and skepticism as a British thing.

• Downvote 1

We are known for the Royal Family, Stiff upper lips, Crumpets and Tea our awesome Empire and apparently bad teeth. Never heard nobody talk about cynicism and skepticism as a British thing.

Had to learn something similar to this during one module in my alevels, will try look in my old textbook to see if I can find the study/graph, it was about nations with the highest skeptism/lack of trust in the unknown or others.

Pretty sure England was nowhere near the top.

• Upvote 2

I was just being general to the whole reasons for hating floyd

If you like boxing but don't like Floyd its cool

But the people who don't like Floyd coming out the woodwork who won't even watch the fight or watched any fight have 2 arguments the domestic one and the arrogance

/

Saying all that I feel its a British trait to dislike someone successful who doesn't lower themselves down to a common level

I'm sure he has more haters here then usa

E.g.

muT5yWnw.jpeg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3064869/Floyd-Mayweather-thug-two-jets-100-cars-250-000-duffel-bag-ll-blow-strip-club-wins-tonight-s-big-fight.html#article-3064869%22%5Dhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3064869/Floyd-Mayweather-thug-two-jets-100-cars-250-000-duffel-bag-ll-blow-strip-club-wins-tonight-s-big-fight.html%23article-3064869

So much salt

If floydd didnt have donestic violence people would find something else to legitimise there hate for him

Usain is calm now. He has done the Virgin ad. They have dresses him like a woman in one the scene from the ad.

He is a decoded brother. He ticks the right boxes for mainstream uk & America.

When Usain is taking shots at Carl Lewis, Tyson Gay and US athletics, I don't think you can say he ticks the right boxes for America at all...

Tbh ive heard that line pure times

"Yo you seen _____ new whip?"

"Yeah yeah is he shotting now?"

But then again the answer is usually yes. (Younger generation)

But ive also heard older heads link nice cars driven by young adults to drug dealing.

Maybe i got the saying twisted slighlty but britain is known for its cynicism/skepticism world wide

Sounds like another made up one to be honest. 

Pretty sure England was nowhere near the top.

:Y:

1st google search

http://www.anglotopia.net/british-identity/humor/british-culture-9-things-i-still-dont-get-britain/

Cynicism is basically a bed rock of British character and sometimes it’s interesting or amusing. But most of the time it infuriates me. Sometimes the British can just be so unbelievably negative that it boggles my mind.

But they would probably say the opposite about us Americans, we’re probably too optimistic and cheery for their liking.

Their cynicism can lead to some great humor, but when you experience it for a long period of time, you can’t stand being around people who are so negative. It starts to infect your own personality.

If you want an example of this, read the Daily Mail every day for a week. If you do, you’ll hate the government, immigrants, people who live on benefits, the NHS, rich people, poor people, Londoners, northerners… I could go one.

xenophobia

This is a hard subject to write about because it straddles the line between racism and politics but it’s something that really bothers me. A large percentage of the British population can’t stand foreigners and make it quite plain. It’s all over the media, the newspapers and sometimes the way you’re treated once you open your mouth.

What’s most astonishing is the double think, they’re proud of their multi-cultural society but yet they want to close the borders and keep people out. Their immigration system is locked up so tight it’s just not possible for Americans, Canadians or others from English-speaking countries to move there unless you’re wealthy or marry a Brit.

On the one hand, they’ll be welcoming to outsiders, on the other hand they ‘tut-tut’ at being overrun with foreigners. They have a special disdain for Eastern Europeans (except the ones that work hard). What’s most confusing is the distinction between ‘good foreigners’ (i.e. white ones) and ‘bad foreigners’ (i.e. brown ones). We’re all foreigners. Britain has been continually changed by foreign influences from people coming to live there. While there are recognizable problems with integration throughout Britain, overall being open to foreigners is a GOOD THING.

I’ve been watching this get worse with the advent of the world’s current economic difficulties. The British love to tear down the successful, whether it’s sneering at someone who’s gotten rich, finding ways to criticize them or tearing them down in other ways.

American is a land of optimism and opportunity and we hold the entrepreneur up with very high regard, Not so much in Britain. We admire people who take a shit life and turn it around into something better. The British are fine if people continue to wallow in their misfortune. There’s not a lot of drive to improve yourself and fix your life.

As someone who is a big believer in taking control of your life and fixing the problems in it – I just don’t understand this. Not only that, it pervades all classes and sub-cultures. People are content to be suffering and won’t do a damn thing to fix their problems or work out of it.

This person just summed gambino to a T, like they been roommates for a decade

• Downvote 1

I see so your proof is some blog by a random American guy........... Yep that is me convinced then PMSL. Imagine his opinion if he came on VIP2 and seen your opinions on them grooming gangs. Woy the UK would be looking terrible to them Yanks. Waits for your skepticism drop.

His comments are also complete bollocks, kinda like the LW drop. Britain wants to close his borders and keep everyone out. How many times do we hear you numpties dropping that talk just because we want a points based system. Did you google that or did you have it bookmarked as a regular site.

Did you read any of the comments underneath his post? Seems his negativity is aimed at Londoners lol And his wife called him out on it for talking out his ass.

seems like i touched a nerve dont care about the immigration bit but it defo seems to have riled you up... 

/

i had shit loads of links and quotes to back me up but came across this gem from 1999 that i thought is perfect and should stand alone.

In an interview with The New York Times, the Earl of Wessex said: "They hate anyone who succeeds." (talking about the British)

The Earl, in Los Angeles to drum up business for his television production company Ardent Productions, said he found Hollywood a "breath of fresh air".

His comments came in an interview with the paper's Los Angeles correspondent James Sterngold, who spoke to the Earl about his ambitions for breaking into the American market.

"America is where the money is," Edward said.

Thats your royal family

Are you not British Ice? Same goes for everyone else in this topic? Does anyone here not class themselves as British?

You didn't rile me. I'm sat back chilling waiting for the fight, just taking time to mock your post. You already know I don't take you too serious after what you said about them abuse victims.