Brexit Spinoff: Pound Slump and Economy

Supermalt

People on here saying don't worry it will still be invoked. The worry is that these politicians in denial about leaving are probably going to attempt to water down any deal we make and keep us in the single market with freedom of movement. Out here to do nothing but sabotage a real Brexit.

• Downvote 3

On 04/11/2016 at 7:58 PM, Gambino said:

People on here saying don't worry it will still be invoked. The worry is that these politicians in denial about leaving are probably going to attempt to water down any deal we make and keep us in the single market with freedom of movement. Out here to do nothing but sabotage a real Brexit.

Lool

We told you how many pages back that we will still stay in the single market in exchange for freedom of movement 

Your pals Nigel and Boris abandoned you. These former remain campaigners are just out to get the best deal for you and your children 

• Upvote 2

Nope as usual that is what your anarchist mind tells you....... You see nothing in anyone who doesn't agree with you but a fuck the world mentality because you harbor those feelings yourself Dub. Same way you exposed your thoughts earlier when you claimed Trump supporters don't have a problem with racist words.

• Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Mame Biram Diouf said:

Lool

We told you how many pages back that we will still stay in the single market in exchange for freedom of movement 

Your pals Nigel and Boris abandoned you. These former remain campaigners are just out to get the best deal for you and your children 

Freedom of movement ain't happening. The people won't accept that deal. Some of your lot are gonna try it but there are ways around this still. Even Corbyns changed his mind now and said he will vote to Trigger it unconditionally.

In the long run yes I do believe it will be better Economically for us... Not giving someone £20 Billion to redistribute amongst themselves whilst we get £8 Billion back believe it or not makes sense to me yea. Telling our Fishermen they can actually have their jobs back now and fish in their own seas make's good sense to me as well.

As for Immigration, it's welcome when it's controlled. 

You on the other hand want open borders where everyone can flock here and claim benefits, free housing and free healthcare when there is already a housing crisis and the NHS is buckling under pressure. Really you don't have any logical argument with me against it... You can tell me the EU is good for British business but with all the red tape it probably isn't. Trading is good....... and there is no reason we cannot trade with them without having to be ruled by them and accept free movement, no reason at all besides a Political Elites dream of having a one world government that they reside over. FUCK EM

• Downvote 2

So your argument is we're going to save our country's economy by fishing more? Come off that shit, no one gave a fuck about fishers until they wanted another point to mark against the EU, where were the people lobbying their MEPs for a better deal for our fishermen before?

Its clear that we're not going to come to a free trade deal while limiting migration, which means tariffs will be applied, which means it will cost more to trade with EU countries, this cost will either be passed onto our businesses or the state/taxpayer (which is what we're currently doing right? paying to be in the single market). If we now have tariffs for other countries to trade with us that means costs go up, which means we, the consumers, pay more - our country won't be subsidising that and if you think they'll pass the £20 billion back to the taxpayer you're wrong. 

We're not going to build a better economy by tearing down our best trade deal. You can say "all this red tape" but you're not going to be able to secure a new trade deal without red tape, the only less red tape is with internal trade within the nation.

If there's a NHS crisis and a housing issue then you tackle these problems with investment, but people don't really understand that when you vote in a party who lays higher priority on serving those above the higher rate tax bands that you're not going to get people on basic served very well. The NHS is being gradually broken down until it's in a state where private health insurance becomes a necessity.

The fact that the government can't disclose anything to do with this Nissan deal communicates its not something anyone would be happy to hear about, probably a huge tax break, or something else that seems of no benefit to the country other than to say "look, this business has faith in the UK still".

But don't ignore a question......... Why can we not have free trade without freedom of movement. Explain why that is a necessity. And why do you love the EU and their protectionism so much that hinders developing countries. Look what they did to Kenya putting tariffs on their flowers to make them more expensive than those grown on European Soil.

Don't start giving me the whole investment bullshit acting like Immigration isn't part of the problem. Your dumb ass left leaders kept ignoring that during the campaign refusing to admit to it. It's blatantly obvious and factual that mass immigration is bad for a country because they can't plan services to keep up with such influx of people.... I.E. NHS and Housing. So all this oh we need to invest more is a cop out. The easiest problem to fix is to stop letting every c*nt in the world run over here expecting a pot of gold handed to them.

You talk like our deal with them is something to marvel at right now. We buy £89 Billion more than what they buy from us, and their Economy is slower than eveyone else's. Big world out there to deal with, especially our Commonwealth. Why are we wasting our time worrying about these lot, if they wish to make us suffer for their political motives good, let them suffer to and see how long that lasts before their people start rising up against them to.

• Downvote 1

"Why can we not have free trade without freedom of movement" - with the EU? because they've said its a necessity for that agreement. With other countries? Sure if they're beneficial to the UK and you can secure them.

"Don't start giving me the whole investment bullshit acting like Immigration isn't part of the problem" no one's saying immigration isn't part of the problem, but to try and say its the only problem and the only way to fix it is to leave the EU to reduce immigration is stupid. If the population increases and the government doesn't make an effort to support the population increase then it's not gonna work is it? If the population increase is benefitting the country then it should be supported. You may argue that the most of people coming here haven't benefitted the country but many people would argue against that, and the analysis that came out during the election campaign was that EU migrants contribute more to the country in tax than they use in the social welfare system.

We're a small country, we'e not super rich. It's obvious we get the bum end of the deal with the EU. All the poorer Nations people flock to the UK, Even non EU people flock here and don't wanna live in other European Nations. It's not sustainable and can only have a negative impact on the UK. So free movement of people is a massive no no.

And I'm not asking you if the EU said we have too, I know they did. I am asking you to explain why it has to be part of a deal.... Logically, why do we have to have free movement, don't tell me because they said so, tell me why it's a necessity for them.

• Downvote 2

So how do you feel about India bullying Theresa May saying they wont negotiate trade deals until the UK accepts more Indian migrants, hands out more visas and makes it easier for Indians to travel to the uk via border control having to fill out less forms and basically having almost the same deal as EU/EAA?

After the EU rejected the same proposals from India and restricting travel from indians in to europe ?

So if the UK wants a free trade deal with India(after all they will have to renegotiate) they got to increase the amount of Indian immigrants, which they wont under the EU.

(India is the third biggest investor into the UK and second biggest creator of private sector jobs in the UK. Plus also adds £500m in toruism)

• Upvote 7

So then don't do a deal with India... and stop wasting fucking foreign aid money on a country richer than us that still has half its people living in slums whilst having its own space program. And still..... Still after all this time, not a single person in here is answering my question on why we can't have a trade agreement with the EU without freedom of movement.

I'm still not sure this India issue equates to the same as the EU though. She's talking about improving a Visa system in return for a 1 in 1 out set up where India speeds up accepting the return of overstayers here. That doesn't sound to me the same as having open borders with the European Union where any type of people can just move here and claim whatever.