General Election 2017

Afroman

Both of them did alright in the audience questioning.

The womans question regarding the £350 Million confused me though, she blamed the Conservative party leaflets for it, but those Leave and Remain camps were a mixture of people from all parties weren't they?

1 minute ago, Gambino said:

Both of them did alright in the audience questioning.

The womans question regarding the £350 Million confused me though, she blamed the Conservative party leaflets for it, but those Leave and Remain camps were a mixture of people from all parties weren't they?

yeah but everyone remembers Boris parroting it over and over and over and over 

that and him and Gove in front of the campaign bus

• Upvote 1

Question....... Is it a bad thing that a political party makes a U Turn on something when they find out the people are totally against it?

shouldn't be, but it is in the world of politics

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gambino said:

Question....... Is it a bad thing that a political party makes  U Turn on something when they find out the people are totally against it?

The answer is in the proof of her not acknowledging she made a U-turn.

• Upvote 1

Yea I think she feels under pressure from it but I'm more thinking towards the public and the media and critics. I'm a little baffled why it would be a negative thing that a Government listens to anger from people and switches it up. I would of thought that was a good thing compared to one that doesn't listen.

Yea I think she feels under pressure from it but I'm more thinking towards the public and the media and critics. I'm a little baffled why it would be a negative thing that a Government listens to anger from people and switches it up. I would of thought that was a good thing compared to one that doesn't listen.

Personally the U-Turn is alarming for me on two fronts, that the outcry of opposition to the proposal wasn't foreseen speaks to a government completely out of touch with the electorate - that in itself is a black mark for me. Two, the sharp U-Turn and as I mentioned, the lack of planning and foresight in even suggesting the proposal, also signals to those that she's expected to negotiate with that they a) dont do their homework and b ) will always fold under enough pressure. Under different circumstances a U-turn isn't catastrophic but with the current government, its truly a sign of the times.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Gambino said:

But that wasn't actually the Conservative position though so she wasn't really right to blame them as a party for it, as other parties were involved in that.

I posted a link in the Brexit thread about the deeper shit behind this and the people who funded them / fund the tories

23 minutes ago, Kuffir said:

way harder

Was vexing me when he knew Jeremy was providing a decent answer he would interupt to switch up so the point was lost smh