A Gambino inspired topic - Africa, Egypt etc...

o-guy

5 hours ago, time_bomb said:

How about moors? Another north african civilisation latched on to by many american blacks.

There are stories of moors travelling to america during the columbus period, however the likelihood of a black american descending from a moor is very tiny, me and my beige skin would be more genetically connected to moors.

Wasn't Moor just a general descriptor of ALL black men back in those days? 

And there has always been blacks living in North Africa anyways. If the Sahara didn't become desert there would obviously be much more mixing or Africa would have become a completely black continent.  

It doesn't add up wen caribean and AF American are saying 'we don't know our history and lineage that's why we claim Egypt!' Or things basically along those lines lol. When the reality is that blacks in the diaspora who came here through slavery in many ways can trace their lineage much further than blacks who have been in Africa forever. White people keep clear records and don't rely on oral histories the way a lot of AF cultures do. Some of these Caribs can probably trace back not only all their families over the past hundreds of years in England and before that the caribean, they can also do historical research  about the specific area of Africa their ancestors where enslaved from, again not really difficult because of extensive record keeping by the crackas. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, ag. said:

It doesn't add up wen caribean and AF American are saying 'we don't know our history and lineage that's why we claim Egypt!' Or things basically along those lines lol. When the reality is that blacks in the diaspora who came here through slavery in many ways can trace their lineage much further than blacks who have been in Africa forever. White people keep clear records and don't rely on oral histories the way a lot of AF cultures do. Some of these Caribs can probably trace back not only all their families over the past hundreds of years in England and before that the caribean, they can also do historical research  about the specific area of Africa their ancestors where enslaved from, again not really difficult because of extensive record keeping by the crackas. 

?

8 hours ago, ag. said:

This is just fantasy

Yes some people can trace back. But I would say most can't. Peoples family structure is not what you think. The memories an what people are willin to talk about or to even remember is a next thing. U have no idea

What your sayin is some caribbean people can see where one ancestor came from. But doesn't teach us the history of where we came from which is whats being discuss. So the onus is still on Africans today who have access to their own lineage an homeland to bring that knowledge out

I dont give a monkeys about all this egypt business...it winds me up but ur post is senseless

It wasn't senseless or fantasy. What you replied neither showed why what I wrote is fantasy, or even made much sense in and of itself. 

There are loads of different ways to establish where you came from (ancestrally) if you can be bothered which is clearly what I referred to in the box you quoted.

Western blacks who came here through slavery do have an undeniable advantage when it comes to being able to trace ancestry/genealogy etc.

Where they came from but nothing about the history of the place which is the discussion here. People are claiming Egypt cos the information is there to see

Those same people would claim Nigeria if the information was there an presented in the same way. they kno full well their ancestors were not kidnapped from Egypt

The problem here is the documentation of African history which is the responsibility of Africans who got to stay on the continent

To be honest I can imagine garnering the history of many places in Africa to be a tall task. One of the biggest frustrations of my adult life has been tracing my mothers side of the family., They are Fulani and as such its safe to assume they didn't originate in Nigeria, but finding out who or what to consult for further knowledge has turned up nothing for approaching three years. Honestly I think the onus is with the governments of each of the individual countries to make a concerted effort to ensure the history of their countries (before colonialism) is preserved and made available for all. Its in their interests.

As for the Egypt ish, I haven't read enough to be able to add anything meaningful to the debate but my understanding is history is written by the victors and with that in mind I'm inclined to treat all european accounts of African history with the highest suspicion, it just doesn't benefit them to tell a truth that paints Africa in a light too dissimilar to that which the large majority in the west have come to view it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Where they came from but nothing about the history of the place which is the discussion here. People are claiming Egypt cos the information is there to see

Those same people would claim Nigeria if the information was there an presented in the same way. they kno full well their ancestors were not kidnapped from Egypt

The problem here is the documentation of African history which is the responsibility of Africans who got to stay on the continent

This basically what I've already said in this same thread

10 minutes ago, PascalMoriarty said:

To be honest I can imagine garnering the history of many places in Africa to be a tall task. One of the biggest frustrations of my adult life has been tracing my mothers side of the family., They are Fulani and as such its safe to assume they didn't originate in Nigeria, but finding out who or what to consult for further knowledge has turned up nothing for approaching three years. Honestly I think the onus is with the governments of each of the individual countries to make a concerted effort to ensure the history of their countries (before colonialism) is preserved and made available for all. Its in their interests.

As for the Egypt ish, I haven't read enough to be able to add anything meaningful to the debate but my understanding is history is written by the victors and with that in mind I'm inclined to treat all european accounts of African history with the highest suspicion, it just doesn't benefit them to tell a truth that paints Africa in a light too dissimilar to that which the large majority in the west have come to view it. 

I read somewhere that some Fulani originate from modern day Somalia region! Its not that crazy when you deep the history coz there's groups as far wide as Rwanda and Sierra Leone who originate from nomadic 'proto'/Somalis centuries ago

34 minutes ago, ag. said:

Western blacks who came here through slavery do have an undeniable advantage when it comes to being able to trace ancestry/genealogy etc.

Lol this guy. Advantage?

The surname I carry is the name of the British slave owner who purchased my ancestors in the carribean, after having their identitiy, culture and humantiy stripped. Prior to that, based on known slave trade ports on west africa. Places could be Sierra Leonne/Ghana etc. but most of the slaves captured where brought in from the intrerior of africa.

I've seen slave records myself for my ancestors and no name given, other than refferal too as captured goods to be sold and in good health.

Other Africans whom where capturing slaves (which certain type of people love to highlight), where doing so on behalf of the Portugese/French/Spainish and British, otherwise they would be slaves themselves. So nobody sold anyone out, was a case of slave or be slaved or killed if you don't.

The other half of Africa eastern front, you had the islamic slave trade doing its damage too.

7 minutes ago, ag. said:

This basically what I've already said in this same thread

So then ur post about Caribbean people needin to trace themselves in order to stop claiming Egypt is pointless

By the way to give the benefit of the doubt they are claiming African history. And there is nothing wrong with that. 

16 minutes ago, PascalMoriarty said:

Tell them again.

9 minutes ago, Vtec said:

Lol this guy. Advantage?

The surname I carry is the name of the British slave owner who purchased my ancestors in the carribean, after having their identitiy, culture and humantiy stripped. Prior to that, based on known slave trade ports on west africa. Places could be Sierra Leonne/Ghana etc. but most of the slaves captured where brought in from the intrerior of africa.

I've seen slave records myself for my ancestors and no name given, other than refferal too as captured goods to be sold and in good health.

Other Africans whom where capturing slaves (which certain type of people love to highlight), where doing so on behalf of the Portugese/Spainish and British, otherwise they would be slaves themselves. So nobody sold anyone out, was a case of slave or be slaved or killed if you don't.

The other half of Africa eastern front, you had the islamic slave trade doing its damage too.

Nah slave or be slaved?

So fucking what if they were doing it on behalf on anyone. Its not an excuse

We are talkin about 100s of years here. Even if it was just one year this is not an excuse.

Joke business

At the same time that the Portuguese were takin slaves, helped by Africans there were nex africans tradin goods with the british calm. They just didnt give a monkeys. They didn't wanna risk losin what they had to make a unified stand against the Europeans

Its a shame in the strongest sense of the word

@Grafternever said it was an excuse, its reality. And yes why didn't some uprise and see the greater damage they where aiding on a long term basis.

Context...

Prior to slavery, Portugese had settlements along various parts the west coast and became trusted by various kingsmen and locals and trading.. once a new instruction via the vatican after new world discovery and need for manpower. Portguese expoloited differences between provinces and played games of divide & conquer.

British and the rest raced in for their share.

Others did rebel. Go look up Queen Nzinga of Angola, she gave europeans hell.

I've heard about her

But on the whole its a sad indictment on African history. An I'm just not interested in hearing anything that sounds like an excuse. What you said was no one sold any one out - the only choice they had was slave or be slaved. That is an excuse and a poor one at that. Reality? Still sold out didn't they? They excused themselves from the good fight.

All them Africans at home. All them millions of Africans missing and no one came to look for their people

Lets just be real instead of tryin to make justifications @Vtec

3 minutes ago, Grafter said:

All them Africans at home. All them millions of Africans missing and no one came to look for their people

If you can point me to a point in african history in the last century where any of the colonised countries have been settled enough to look into this, then I'll take the point above. But unless you were in the situation you can't really judge them, you don't have the context to understand the reasoning behind the decisions right or wrong.

@Grafterno justification, if it comes across that way to you, thats not the intention. Maybe I should have used another word then....

If you check out "Destruction of Black Civilization: Great Issues of a Race from 4500BC to 2000AD" it breaks down some of this detail.

Even then you had sell outs and coons, not realising the greater danger and long term damage of these actions. For short term gains and protection from invaders.

I know enough. There is NOTHING that can be said that excuses the participation of any government ( whether kingdom, chiefdom, democratic).

Theres always something to be said: "we didn't sell you", "u were slaves already, criminals an miscreants", "we didnt have a choice"

So if all that can be said an convoys were actually sent for the captured why is this never an excuse that is bought up? Surely such an enormous effort would filter down through history to present day. No, its jus excuses. Ive even been told "we didn't have boats in those days"

The organisation of african unity was not set up til after slavery was well an truly over. By a leader who's country wasn't even impacted by European slave trade

I regret participating in this topic to be honest.

speaking of coons... these two black news anchors. Where active trump supporters at election.

Then peep their reactions over Trumps stance on the Alt right & Nazi's, after the staue incident:rofl:

When its time to clear out white supremacy, these type got to be booted out hard too.

imagine the same types back then thinking these nice portugese would never turn on us.

19 minutes ago, Trap God said:

Hold on a minute

What do you mean nobody sold anyone out?

:rofl:

I accept I have some wild opinions but thats just ridiculous 

ffs too damn sensitive,

A typo, clearly you can read... its obvious they where selling out to prevent being captured. If I typed wrong so be it. Just cool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vtec said:

Other Africans whom where capturing slaves (which certain type of people love to highlight), where doing so on behalf of the Portugese/French/Spainish and British, otherwise they would be slaves themselves. So nobody sold anyone out, was a case of slave or be slaved or killed if you don't.

I can read yes. More importantly I understand how to analyse what I'm reading and use context to understand exactly what's being said

I can't see a typo here at all

All I can see is you trying to justify africans capturing and handing over other africans to Europeans as part of the trans Atlantic slave trade