Amnesty for anyone who was a minor that arrived In Britain between 1948 to 1971

TheOneGameBaller

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I served with the British Army for six years, lived here a decade and married a British woman – now the Home Office says go home

Thumbnail-Template-3-1.png

Trevor Rene arrived in Britain 10 years ago, and having been born in a British territory, he is now fighting to stay with his British wife in the UK.

He initially came to visit family here. His grandfather settled in the UK in 1948 – one of thousands of people who came over from the Caribbean, known as the Windrush generation. Then he got a job serving on Her Majesty’s behalf in the British Army and fell in love and married Diane, a clerk who works for the NHS.

20180923_173548-960x1280.jpg
He worked as a mechanical engineer in the Reserves – fixing vehicles including tanks and SUVs  – for six years.

Now the 49-year-old faces deportation to Dominica and leaving behind the life he’s built here. “I could understand me being deemed an illegal if I had arrived in Britain on the back of a lorry but I didn’t,” he told i. “I was born a British citizen. I arrived in Gatwick and then the British Army gave me a job. They will use me for my service to this country but then toss me away. It’s a scandal.”