FAO Christians

Mr. Gayle

With or without religion we would still have morals, so I don't think people are trying (in the half hearted way you're implying) to live well because they expect a reward.

I would imagine they are many God fearing Christians around the world who are doing what I am implying.

Which poses the question do they worship God due to fear or love ?

so frustrating when athiest go down the moral route.

you dont know what is right or wrong. you have an opinion.

?

done this before but....

with your world view morality is subjective based on society and opinion. So what is right and wrong for you, might not be for someone else.

With or without religion we would still have morals, so I don't think people are trying (in the half hearted way you're implying) to live well because they expect a reward.

au contraire

wilberforce and thornton, the figureheads of the clapham sect in the 19th century, did much to revitalise and transform morality in Britain

evangelical christians have done much to help civilize the world by instilling those shrouded by darkness with morals and the light of god

the importance of religion cannot be downplayed!

• Downvote 1

?

done this before but....

with your world view morality is subjective based on society and opinion. So what is right and wrong for you, might not be for someone else.

It pretty much Universally accepted that raping a child is wrong.

But then again, as I discussed with my manager who is a devote JW, I questioned why is God on such a killing and raping vibe, countless times its mentioned in the bible to kill children etc. Anyway not getting into that. The purpose of this thread was to find out why christians believe in what they beleive.

Good debate so far TBH

au contraire

wilberforce and thornton, the figureheads of the clapham sect in the 19th century, did much to revitalise and transform morality in Britain

evangelical christians have done much to help civilize the world by instilling those shrouded by darkness with morals and the light of god

It's impact on humanity is unquestionable. Both good and bad.

Is it all "true" though? Does he exist?

Can it be "true" based on 'recent' scientific findings?

Why do a lot of the world's most educated people still believe in either of Abra's big 3?

why why whyyyyy?!?!?

Guest Esquilax

au contraire

wilberforce and thornton, the figureheads of the clapham sect in the 19th century did much to revitalise and transform morality in Britain

It most certainly can

Ant's argument always falters because he believes that objective morality can't exist without someone/ something to dictate it, which is obviously not true

?

done this before but....

It pretty much Universally accepted that raping a child is wrong.

But then again, as I discussed with my manager who is a devote JW, I questioned why is God on such a killing vibe, countless times its mentioned in the bible to kill children etc. Anyway not getting into that. The purpose of this thread was to find out why christians believe in what they beleive.

Good debate so far TBH

Universally accepted isnt objective though.

The people being raped, pillaged are literally, the pagans. It was religious beef. It stopped towards the end of the Old Testament and many of the more controversial passages people point to are also in the OT. That's why there's a New Testament.

Ok cool, see this is something I never knew or was aware of. I just would blinding say "well if he is so loving why is he doing this"

au contraire

wilberforce and thornton, the figureheads of the clapham sect in the 19th century did much to revitalise and transform morality in Britain

It most certainly can

Ant's argument always falters because he believes that objective morality can't exist without someone/ something to dictate it, which is obviously not true

of course objective morality can exist without religion

as there will always be enlightened intellectuals, such as your self mr. bish, who can stand on their own and do not need god's love because you are already advanced individuals

however, without god and religion there would still be an amass of lost sheep ie pagans, who would still be living in squalor if it wasn't for the help of the holy Shepard, as they have the misfortune of not being as gifted as yourself

Why do you think so many ex-criminals and drug addicts change their lives after accepting and embracing the saviour jesus christ?

said it before on here and i will say it again there is no such thing as god

u are a god urself only thing is I have christians coming up to me and I feel bad mind to say that to them

but when Im hungover I dont give a F knocking on my door when I am asleep I tell them there is no such thing as god then go to bed

Guest Esquilax

"Ant's argument always falters because he believes that objective morality can't exist without someone/ something to dictate it, which is obviously not true"

I'm pretty sure that's the exact opposite of what he was getting at. At least I hope.

Nah it's what he's said countless times before

'Where does morality come from?'

'Inside ur brainz when you're born'

'So who put THAT there'

It's like an endless cycle

Always trying to attribute sh*t to something terminally unprovable, when there are other answers

I don't know why you'd think like that

i recommend you read the metaphysical bible dictionary along with the bible

get a different understanding that way

What is this?

It was complled by the Unity School of Christianity from the writings of a man called Charles Filmore

This one-of-a-kind volume presents the esoteric meanings of names and people, places, key words, and phrases found in the Bible. The ideas presented in this Bible reference book are based on the teachings of Jesus Christ and are presented in a cross-denominational format.

If you look up a word in it, for example Jacob

it will give you the origin of the word, the meanings, then a metaphysical explanation of how it occurs in the bible. So it explains what Jacob represents from a non literal, spiritual perspective. Not just as a person but what part of the human pscyhe or consciousness in relation to the Creator this particular character represents and how his interaction with other characters in the bible relate to the spiritual development of mankind.

/

Agree God isn't a man in the sky

God is the spirit which is within all of us, people just need to wake it up and connect with eachother

• Upvote 1