Liam Neeson thread

Grafter

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'll separate a Taken 3 thread in due course

Anyhoo, Taken 3

Great plot, not that unpredictable, but an interesting plot throughout, should keep one interested.

Well set up, some good "special skills" moments.

A lot more car chases than I'd expect from a Taken film, some well executed car stunts as well, must be said

The problems were with the action, for 2 reasons

reason 1 - obvious cuts in scenes to make the film a 12A. as if they made the 15 cert version, then cut until it was suitable for a 12A. So I'll have to buy the dvd to really enjoy the action of the film

good example, near the beginning, Neeson breaks a bottle, then a man is dead with a wound, as if he had been stabbed with the said broken bottle, but we don't see it, or a shot implying it's happening

reason 2 - realism. to enjoy this film, You have to ignore the idea of a scene being "realistic". Anything is possible in the world of Taken 3, but other than that, it is also the normal world we live in.

Bryan Mills is clearly invincible. 

No other way does he survive driving a car into an elevator shaft at the top, fall down said lift shaft in said car and walk out of it alive

The Russian guy's aiming is unrealistically bad, considering he is apparently Spetsnaz

fight scenes were generally poor.

I'm sad to say this film is only slightly better than Taken 2.