Haggling when buying a car

Illusion

• 2 weeks later...

Why would big companies like curry haggle when a next nigga will buy it for the full price calm

it costs currys £200

they sell for £300

You haggle them down to £270. they're making money, they can still buy another one. 

Was at car giant in Harlesden earlier on viewing a couple cars trying to haggle

They weren't having none of it. Gonna go back tomorrow and whip out di stack and see what they're saying then

Bought my car from there 3 years ago, was tryna haggle all day but they weren't having a bar. In the end I got £200 off a £13k car. It mattered not that I was paying cash up front

this whole "discount for cash" idea is a big myth. it costs them more. 

they have to count the cash, then pay a company to take the cash in a secure van to their bank.

chip and pin is way more cost effective than cash

/

at TF, I do it at Currys specifically for their insurance, which is a big factor in them discounting for me. since their staff always offer it to You for commission, it gives You bargaining power. 

also, discount when buying multiple stuff. 

/

0% interest if You pay within _____ is common. They don't think You're gonna pay, they drop the price to get You on the finance, You pay in full by the required time. Job done. 

Why would big companies like curry haggle when a next nigga will buy it for the full price calm

it costs currys £200

they sell for £300

You haggle them down to £270. they're making money, they can still buy another one.

Was at car giant in Harlesden earlier on viewing a couple cars trying to haggle

They weren't having none of it. Gonna go back tomorrow and whip out di stack and see what they're saying then

Bought my car from there 3 years ago, was tryna haggle all day but they weren't having a bar. In the end I got £200 off a £13k car. It mattered not that I was paying cash up front

this whole "discount for cash" idea is a big myth. it costs them more.

they have to count the cash, then pay a company to take the cash in a secure van to their bank.

chip and pin is way more cost effective than cash

When I said paying cash up front I didn't mean I had £13k in my pocket lol. I meant I was paying for he whole car outright and not financing it.

but yh buying outright doesn't give u the power u would expect when buying a car

talk finance and watch man start dancing for you.

Because you never have to spend another penny with them again after. Your free.

Finance they will knock off G's off, cos salesman getting bonus, and they taking back all them G's and more off you in interest.

Best place to sell a car?

Anywhere apart from the obvious auto trader?

It's not faulty to the eye but has a life expectancy of a year and apparently the price of fixing it would be stupid so got advised to sell it asap before something blows, can't remember what word he used, might have been cannister?

Just don't wanna sell it and try have someone coming back

It's not faulty to the eye but has a life expectancy of a year and apparently the price of fixing it would be stupid so got advised to sell it asap before something blows, can't remember what word he used, might have been cannister?

auto-trader or part exchange

auto-trader is the best though, sold mine within a few hours of the ad being up. and it was fucked lol

Head Gasket?

Head Gasket?

Guy said water leaking into the engine

Dunno what that means

Head Gasket?

Guy said water leaking into the engine

Dunno what that means

Deffo head gasket then. Not the end of the world though, will cost £5-600 to sort out but can obviously fuck up again.