"afro music"

"she likes afro guys"

"MOAO"

"afro on afro crime"

"afro boys afro boys, yeah we're all afro boys"

not sure if it has the same ring to it

What's weong with 'black british'?

Gets way too complicated otherwise

Same way I say I'm "white", even though I'm as dark as many people who aren't "white". I don't sat I'm part Tatar part Jewish part Russian.

no one calls themselves "white" unless to contrast to people who aren't white - but people identify themselves as "black"

Afro implies african and would be adding a region. You could equally say a jamaican of european heritage. And we're talking race, not nationality

Race nationality etc i just think being as specific as necessary helps whatever situation when it comes to identifying someone depending on what context.

So if youre talking about race or nationality utilise whatever 

Eg in relation to the your average American ill say im Black British= Im a black man born in Britian

But we know identities are complex i dont ONLY identify based upon my skin colour and place of birth. 

Im Black British, Afro Caribbean, Jamaican heritage, British national, African, Londoner, Diasporan African, Disaporan Jamaican. 

I dont answer to Coloured, Nigger. 

Have no problem with African, Black British, Afro Jamaican. 

Whereever i am in the World Im an African. A London Born African of Jamaican heritage

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Justin, I didnt mention american. And are You saying there are 'black' people without african heritage?

The term 'african american is perfect over there.

Not directed to you, just a general.

But, my Caribbean culture is not African culture. 

I couldn't give a damn about African blacks.

Justin, I didnt mention american. And are You saying there are 'black' people without african heritage?

So you don't care about your family who was taken from Africa and made into slaves?

So you don't care about your family who was taken from Africa and made into slaves?

I care about my family who were slaves. Caribbean culture is my culture, not Africa.

There isn't a black person without African heritage

Find me one

Aeta people?

Originally slaves from Africa?

From what I've read no..... We were the original inhabitants of the Philippines. Until some Spanish interference in 1521.

Someone more knowledgeable feel free to correct me.

There isn't a black person without African heritage

Find me one

Aeta people?

Originally slaves from Africa?

From what I've read no..... We were the original inhabitants of the Philippines. Until some Spanish interference in 1521.

Someone more knowledgeable feel free to correct me.

They still are the original inhabitants no matter what the Spanish did. Asia is full of colonial history, killings and displacements of indigenous people in countries that looked nothing like the current populations. China and Japan did damage.

/

Just remember the people who originally defined what "black" was were white anthropologists and colonialists. Africans, Indigenous Australians, Indians, the "Negrito" populations around Asia(eg. The Aeta) etc. 

I assume they still get called it except the Indians lol. They ain't having it.  

Black isnt the same as African. 

When you get stupid non-blacks defining blackness on their own like that wshh chick it's always a recipe for disaster.

Ok mephisto, You further highlight my need for regional reference

Do You feel an indigenous phillipine should be classed as the same ethnicity as a west african?

It's like the white man says if You're not white, You're coloured, ie, everything else.

Not worth differentiating, may as well have: white or other.