Badman's Business Venture

Badman

Thanks for the encouragement guys 

/

Badman, just out of curiosity, how much was spent to start this business?

Zero!

To give an explanation, Me and my 2 bros were already doing freelance work and contracting, we also shared the same limited company so that was more or less the business admin side sorted. 

Transition from there was really easy as the foundations were already set in place

The only expense we had once we established it as a business was to get equipment like laptops, monitors, peripherals etc for our workers and in terms of office space, we were really lucky as my brother did some freelance work for a company and they let us chill in a bank of 6 desks for the first couple of months for free. It got a bit peak when we started growing then had to squeeze 7/8 of us into that small area so then we started to pay for it.

Quick lil update....

- We recently moved into our own office in Shoreditch, where we occupy the basement from some other company which is quite cool, they let us do what we like and dont give us no hassle

- There are now 8 of us we been growing nicely, the most recent came on board last week to look after our social media/analytic's etc

- Most of our clients thus far haven't been taking us serious as an established company and have been messing us around like c**ts however slowly the tides are turning and we should be bearing the fruits of our efforts very soon

- We been working on an project that could potentially change the advertising industry as we know it, watch this space 

/

Running your own business in the city is mad, thoroughly enjoying it.

good look bro!

can you shed some light on the project you're working on re the advertising industry? I'm intrigued as I work in that industry too, may not be relevant to me though as it's such a large industry but still

Cant really speak about it as the guy that came up with the ideal/concept slapped me with an NDA :lol:

Hes so convinced that its the next big thing that hes going crazy losing sleep thinking about getting it done. Fair play to him though I think he may have something 

All I can say is it involves both the Advertising and Gaming industries 

Well ContractHire&Leasing want £1800 of me for 3 months, the deal breaker for me is them wanting the 3 months as a lump. Rather than 6 bills a month from the start. Tie in's like that make me think it isn't as rewarding as they claim.

And as much as they saying people have changed their act I still see how we say, some creative numbers.

Quick lil update....

- We recently moved into our own office in Shoreditch, where we occupy the basement from some other company which is quite cool, they let us do what we like and dont give us no hassle

- There are now 8 of us we been growing nicely, the most recent came on board last week to look after our social media/analytic's etc

- Most of our clients thus far haven't been taking us serious as an established company and have been messing us around like c**ts however slowly the tides are turning and we should be bearing the fruits of our efforts very soon

- We been working on an project that could potentially change the advertising industry as we know it, watch this space 

/

Running your own business in the city is mad, thoroughly enjoying it.

good look bro!

can you shed some light on the project you're working on re the advertising industry? I'm intrigued as I work in that industry too, may not be relevant to me though as it's such a large industry but still

Cant really speak about it as the guy that came up with the ideal/concept slapped me with an NDA :lol:

Hes so convinced that its the next big thing that hes going crazy losing sleep thinking about getting it done. Fair play to him though I think he may have something 

All I can say is it involves both the Advertising and Gaming industries 

thought as much lol, good luck though man sounds like you've got something good going so props

• Upvote 1

Ain't even just jargon, most industries get simpler but advertising use to be simple and is now more complex and more layered.

Before you rang up a number, decide on ad spot, book, pay... Wait and watch the results...

Now well it's just seems complicated and everything is a "campaign"