Sign in to follow this  
Brukfoot

grime Your Earliest Recollection

If you look back to like 2002/2003, what is the earliest song/s you can think of from the grime genre.For me it's More Fire - OiMusical Mob - Pulse XDJ Mondie - StraightorM1 - You're Not Really From The EndzI know they're probably from different times but when I think back to listening to Heat FM sets years back this is what I remember.

dilemma was one of the first tunes i referred to as sounding 'grimey' "have you heard dilemma blud?... i cant even call it dirty, its grimey star"Pulse X was the start of the shift though, back in the day when i didnt know the name of the tune and just called it 'bong'

dnt no which came first but all i can memba waswen i got OXide & Neutrino - Execute - Rap dis was grime 2 meDizzee Rascal - I Luv u ... in skl i memba EVERY1 sayin it was my counsin hu made dat dub i swear down bludR u Really Reall From da Endden i became addicted 2 Heat Fm dem wer da bloody days dnt even lemme start wiv names

im not even sure of tunesbut all i remember is being round my boys yard downloading the conflict dvd on kazaaboy did that take time

some lad i knew went to jail in like 2001/2002 and when he came out he was all into PAYG and dizzee, so it was through him i 1st heard early grimeand his words were "dizze rascal is going to be big" and i was like yeah yeah whatever

im hearing my name there saying my nameis wiley that eskimo nigga........................................................................................i no ghetto ghetto life duno u........................................it went something like datn jammer wos on the hook goin top producer

dilemma was one of the first tunes i referred to as sounding 'grimey' "have you heard dilemma blud?... i cant even call it dirty, its grimey star"Pulse X was the start of the shift though, back in the day when i didnt know the name of the tune and just called it 'bong'
spot oneverything after that just began getting grimieri luv you was ahead of its time still

chilling to radio 1 and fix up look sharp came on at the time of the mobo's way backthey didnt say who itr was either but i searched and found dizzee rascalfrom there really

pay as u go vs heartless clashand the sidewinder club tour tape with dizzee, wiley and slimzee

slimzee sets from sidewinder 2002 times...eskimo, pulse x ect... for what we call 'grime'

Pulse x was when grime came to the forefront there was dark garage tracks but they were never were called grime innit

Guest Its Me Bitches

wernt even called grime when heads used to mc on radio back in the day used to be some dark beats aswelll