The Official F1 Thread

Admin.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

LONDON (AFP) - Lewis Hamilton's bid to become Formula One champion has been soured by a Spanish website targeting the McLaren driver with vitriol and racist abuse.ADVERTISEMENTThe website, called Pincha la Rueda de Hamilton (Burst Hamilton's Tyre) invites visitors to place a virtual nail on the track at Interlagos, the setting for Sunday's title showdown with Felipe Massa in the Brazil Grand Prix..he site carries a message board directing abuse at the 23-year-old Briton, who only needs to finish in the top five to claim the 2008 title.The sport's governing body the FIA and McLaren jointly condemned those who had posted the comments.An FIA spokesman told The Times: "The FIA's position is very clear - discrimination and prejudice can have no place in sport or in society."Everyone in our sport will join us in condemning these abusive and hateful comments."In February Hamilton was subjected to racial abuse during testing in Barcelona, where a minority of Spanish fans turned up with their faces blackened.That triggered the FIA's 'EveryRace' campaign aimed at driving out racial abuse from motor racing.Commenting on this latest incident a spokesman for Hamilton's team said: "McLaren was one of the earliest supporters of the FIA's 'EveryRace' campaign, and we support that campaign still."We've seen the statement from an FIA spokesman, and we can only echo it."The offending website, which has attracted over 20,000 visitors, was launched last year when Hamilton was battling with his McLaren teammate, Spanish idol Fernando Alonso, for the title.If Hamilton succeeds in claiming the title on Sunday he will become the youngest world champion in F1 history and the first driver of Afro-Caribbean descent to lift the title. He will also be Britain's ninth champion and first since Damon Hill in 1996.http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/081031/worl...hamilton_racism

Really want him to win this but I'm half expecting some fukry to go down.
Well if he keeps a kool head even if he strolls in 5th he's still world champ.So for once he can come off the attack mode.. BUT come on now... It's LEWIS :lol: Whatever happens I just hope its not the same as last year.

I want Lewis to do this and the title win makes it even sweeter after all the problems with the FIA he has gone through this season. Stripped of wins, fines, push backs on the grid.
You heard of the proposals for next year right?

I want Lewis to do this and the title win makes it even sweeter after all the problems with the FIA he has gone through this season. Stripped of wins, fines, push backs on the grid.
Was it something to do with a standard engine? Cause this week there was talk of Ferrari and Toyota pulling out.I know they want to cut costs, due to whats gone on in the ecomical world.

Was it something to do with a standard engine? Cause this week there was talk of Ferrari and Toyota pulling out.I know they want to cut costs, due to whats gone on in the ecomical world.
Yeah the FIA wants the same engine/trans combo to be fitted to every car on the grid. :/ Ferrari have come out with the threats, so have Toyota and all the big teams. I take back the next year comment though. Its meant to come in 2010. What is coming next year though. Is the engine freezes.Oh and for those interested, Lewis was 9th in P2 at Interlagos

f1 has been getting shitter year after year since all these cost cutting meaures and when they deaded off some power from the enginesi miss the old days before shumacher was winning every year