The Official Manchester United Thread

Young £

why not?

don't see anything too far fetched about any of that. 

or are you saying that team wouldn't work or Moyes wouldn't be interested in those types of players. 

also worth keeping in mind that i dont think he's saying this is the starting line up, but these are the types of improvements needed and direction to be taken with the likes of Adnan, ageing Carrick, Fletcher, Rafael in and around the first 11

• Downvote 1

De Gea

De Sciglio-21 - £10m cant see milan letiting him go at all
Lovren-24 - would cost close to £20m
Fernandez-24 - dont rate but again would cost a lot, as napoli dont let anyone go for cheap
Shaw-18 - we already know it will be close to £30m

Jones-21
Kovacic-19 - why would inter let their star youngster go for anything under £20m

Koke-22 - would cost close to £40m
Mata-25
Zaha-21

Rooney-28

thats about £150m worth of purchases with close to £100m on defence alone

NEVER

Nani, Young, Valencia, Vidic, Evra, Anderson, 

how much money do people think that could bring in. 

actually reckon Young might be sticking around but in theory if these players were sold.

Nani-10+ Valencia- 6 (I'm prepared to be shocked by this one though as some mug will pay more) Vidic 4/5, Evra 3/4

80 Million on a defence.... good investment.

80 Million on a midfield. good investment 

Time to pay for years of under-investment/value shopping

Again I'm not saying if I agree of disagree I'm just canvassing opinion, 

Vidic is leaving on a free

So is evra and rio

Uniteds biggest asset is januzaj

Could get 25-30 for him

No one else is fetching

Rvp 15m maybe

Expect moyes to go for more established players with big wages and low fees as well as te usual united style signings of young players moderate fees and moderate wages...

Understatement.

Apparently there have been conversations on whether to change manager and abort mission or to back him big time financially, following week Mata was signed......

Number 7 shirt still to be filled. Said it for the last 2 summers and was only right (sort of, RVP & Kagawa) once but I'm reckoning there will be significant moves this summer.

Just hope the wheels are already in motion.

• Downvote 1

Man Utd need a smart overhaul, can't just be throwing (not that they will be allowed to) money at it like that.

With the right manager & wise investment, the potential is scary.

Very, very good spine of players. This summer will definethe 3 years IMO.

Who do class as "very good spine" when they have no midfield and questions marks over the defense?

Understatement.

Apparently there have been conversations on whether to change manager and abort mission or to back him big time financially, following week Mata was signed......

Number 7 shirt still to be filled. Said it for the last 2 summers and was only right (sort of, RVP & Kagawa) once but I'm reckoning there will be significant moves this summer.

Conversations about sacking Moyes?  :lmao:

How can there be significant moves if the Glazers don't financially back the club?

DDG, Rafael, Smalling, Evans, Jones, Carrick, Powell, Feillani, Cleverley, Fletcher, Januzaj, Zaha, Kagawa, Mata, RVP & Rooney.

That's 15 senior players in addition to a promising player out on loan. Promote 1/2 more promising youngsters & sign 5/6 more senior players over the next year.

That's a very, very good spine. Quality mix of promise, peak & experience. Apprentices, squad players, stars & veterans.

How you could consider a weak spine is beyond me.

Overhauls never work.

• Upvote 1

Firstly, if you're going to engage in a discussion be it with me or anyone else, I suggest you tone down the unnecessary disrespect. Especially if none was given to you.

Secondly, I think I do understand what a spine is. In the figurative sense & 'literal' sense.

GK: DDG

CB: Evans, Smalling & Jones

CM: Carrick

AM: Kagawa & Mata

CF: RVP, Rooney & Welbeck

I've just outlined all senior players who play through the centre of the team & have perfomed at the highest domestically & continentally. You add one top class CB & one or two top class CM's & you have a spine who you could genuinely say is the best in the league...

...but they apparently don't have one at the moment.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Liverpool should cop Powell.

Moyes doesn't know anything other than being mediocre, Man U will struggle and underachieve with him regardless of who they buy, it's clear from his interviews he has a negative persona, can you imagine his team talks?

Top footballers, International footballers won't rate this guy, morale is everything, more than talent, this guy can't manage a club of this size.

• Upvote 1

"I suggest you tone down the disrespect" FFS get a grip son

Defense - Jones rarely plays CB and HUGE question marks over Evans and Smalling. Have you not watched them this season?

Midfield  - Carrick and who else?? Nobody

They have a good strike force and Keeper. Apart from that the spine of the team is seriously weak.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Prior to the shambles of a season under Moyes, Jones & Smalling had played & performed well enough over the 2011/2012 (runners up on goal difference) & 2012/2013 (as champions) season at the centre of defence to suggest they both have great futures there. Jonny Evans was the best CB for a title-winning at United last season.

Midfield: Again, Carrick, nuff said. And your omission of Kagawa & Mata...laugh, my, ass, off.

/

Like previously mentioned, I've already highlighted a spine in the literal sense but figuratively speaking, a spine doesn't boil down to a player's position solely. He doesn't need to play just through the middle. Influential squad members, homegrown players, squad players, etc all make up the 'skeletal frame' of a competing squad & to have a proper look at the United players I mentioned thus far (plus Welbeck) & say they don't have that? Well...I dunno.

Man Utd need a smart overhaul, can't just be throwing (not that they will be allowed to) money at it like that.

With the right manager & wise investment, the potential is scary.

Very, very good spine of players. This summer will definethe 3 years IMO.

Who do class as "very good spine" when they have no midfield and questions marks over the defense?

Understatement.

Conversations about sacking Moyes?  :lmao:

How can there be significant moves if the Glazers don't financially back the club?

Wow are you stupid? Still don't get where Manchester United's spending money comes from?

Prior to the shambles of a season under Moyes, Jones & Smalling had played & performed well enough over the 2011/2012 (runners up on goal difference) & 2012/2013 (as champions) season at the centre of defence to suggest they both have great futures there. Jonny Evans was the best CB for a title-winning at United last season.

Midfield: Again, Carrick, nuff said. And your omission of Kagawa & Mata...laugh, my, ass, off.

/

Like previously mentioned, I've already highlighted a spine in the literal sense but figuratively speaking, a spine doesn't boil down to a player's position solely. He doesn't need to play just through the middle. Influential squad members, homegrown players, squad players, etc all make up the 'skeletal frame' of a competing squad & to have a proper look at the United players I mentioned thus far (plus Welbeck) & say they don't have that? Well...I dunno.

Performed well enough? What are you on son?

Jones is yet to hold down a regular position in the team. He plays either centre midfield (badly) or right back (unconvincingly). As yet his Manchester Utd career has been underwhelming.

Now onto Smalling. Hasn't progressed after his early promise. If anything he's gone backwards

Evans is clearly the best CB of the bunch but he has a long way to go before you can say he's good enough to fill the void of Rio and Vidic

Of course I'm not ommitting Mata, he's a very good player but he's in my list of attackers. The less said about Kagawa the better. When it comes to midfield there really only is Carrick. Fellani, Cleverley etc are not Manchester Utd quality. Fletcher has just come back not sure if he'll ever get back to his best. Even so he could never stand up to Europe's best. You could even say the same about Carrick tbh

So I'll repeat again Utd do not have a spine, major improvements are needed in the middle of the park and defense

To build a strong side you need a strong basis and they lack that badly. Look how second best the team looked against City and even Chelsea even when Fergie was manager last season

Guys a f*cking idiot.

Suck your mum.

Tim Howard has paid tribute to the methods of manager Roberto Martinez, with the Everton squad brimming with belief.

Since succeeding David Moyes at Goodison Park, Martinez has helped to build on the foundations put down by his predecessor.

The Toffees are very much in the hunt for a top-four finish, with just two points separating them from arch-rivals Liverpool and a place in the UEFA Champions League spots.

Howard credits Martinez with having pushed Everton back towards that elite group, with the Merseyside outfit playing without fear.

The American goalkeeper said: "No matter what game we go into, the focus has not at any point this season been on the other team - it has always been about us.

"You have to do this 40 weeks of the year, it is nice not to come into work every day thinking 'Oh, that's looming ahead'.

"The manager keeps us bright and bubbly and focused on ourselves. Not always having to look over your shoulder at who is coming next is good.

"We work on ourselves and it's a difference. The manager will have some specific areas in which he thinks Tottenham are weak, or Sunderland, Crystal Palace or whoever are weak.

"We'll train on trying to exploit them, as opposed to 'Here is what they are going to do to hurt us and this is what we are going to do to defend against them'. That is not in the manager's nature.

"The way his mind works, it is like the move A Beautiful Mind. He always sees holes in the other team. He doesn't see the danger, he seeks the weaknesses and gets us working on that.

"We have a pattern to our play and a style that we all believe in and we have seen that it works.

"The positive for me is that every time we step on the pitch we know how we are going to win."

tumblr_m5y5twPapT1qjehm8.gif

• Downvote 1