The Official Manchester United Thread

Young £

David Moyes told Wayne Rooney he had "gone soft" when they met last summer.

But Moyes revealed he had a heart-to-heart with his former Everton protégé last summer before his official appointment as the new manager.

And he told the England international some home truths about his poor form at the end of the 2012-13 season under Moyes' predecessor Sir Alex Ferguson.

"I remember when he came to see me," Moyes said. "I said to him: 'If you ask me what's missing - I think you've gone a bit soft'.

"I thought he hadn't been the hard-working, aggressive player he was. But now in games people are saying: 'Look at the effort he is putting in.' It's his work-rate, not just for himself but for the team. He's become an all-round team player who is also a technically gifted footballer.

"I said to Wayne that I wanted him to stay. Before I'd actually come in here, I'd met Wayne privately a couple of times, to talk about his situation, to try to understand.

So when I got in (on 1 July) I knew where Wayne was.

"The most important thing for Wayne was to show everyone what he really was and I think deep down he knows he didn't play as well as he could have done at times.

I needed to try to get him back to that level. But in the end I just said to him: 'Wayne, go and get on with it.'

Same way they won't care or know what rooney is in 50/60 years tooTalk some stupid stuff sometimes

And so the cycle continues.

By then another undeserving player will be in contention for the tittle of "most decorated player"

Wasn't being 100% serious anyway. I doubt that a statue for Rooney is on the cards anytime soon.

Hypothetically speaking though, the day tripper type fan, if they could only have a picture with one of the statues.

Sir Matt.

The holy trinity

Denis' Law's in the Stretford end, (I think that's still there)

Or Fergie's

Who's do you think they'd look forward to most about posting on twitter or Facebook?

Yes in 50 years blah blah blah but you think the Glazer's are planning on a 50 year basis? Or have they/are they putting all their eggs in the Wayne Rooney is our shining light our marquee player basket?

In 3/4 seasons or so he might be the top scorer then things will get really sickening.

Tbf he's had 1 injury

Back injuries are hard to cure

True, I think this could be the case in the summer though. With Juan and Adnan is there really space to accommodate Shinji?

Mata is already being played out of pos but still has the ability to thrive on the wings. Mr 300k owns the "Hole" pos

Excellent player but I'm still not convinced on Shinji. 

If it honestly come down to it in a swap deal for a fully fit Gundogan. Shinji is out. 

Infact i reckon hes out in the summer anyways

A better manager could get them all in the side

Shinji is better then them 2 by miles really and when he leaves he will show it

Anyways central midfield united are strong

Need a center forward, 2 centre backs and a winger first.

United are the weakest in CM.

CM imo needs fixing way more than any forward pos.

If you dont rate united cm you dont rate carrick 

if you dont rate carrick then  :sub:

if you dont rate carrick then  :sub:

Since when does CM mean one player?

And yes United could improve on Carrick, good player but not top top class.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

if you dont rate carrick then :sub:

Since when does CM mean one player?

And yes United could improve on Carrick, good player but not top top class.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's not a case of 1 area of the team being weak.

Both CM and Defence can be improved vastly. So both sides are correct.

It is also possible to rate Carrick but not think he's one of the works elite and to think he can be improved upon.

It's also possible to think CM is weak but that Carrick is a high standard player who is well worth his spot in the first 11.

Why's everything so black and white?

• Upvote 1

Afterwards speaking to NOS, Van Persie said, ”Our game was too slow. I believe we created two chances. That is far too little against a team like Olympiakos. They did not had very many opportunities. It is not that they were great.”

The Dutch forward also seemed to be annoyed at the clubs tactics, “My teammates are in some of the areas where I want to play. This makes it difficult for me.”

“Then I have to change my tactics to suit my teammates, and play outside my zone. That’s a pity.”

Was coming to post that........... Are his days numbered at United? Looking at a serious abysmal future, mass exodus of quality and a team built around that waste of space Wayne Rooney.

RvP on whether he knows what is wrong with United: "Yeah but, I won't point fingers, because I'm not like that."

RVP

"Our fellow players are sometimes occupying the spaces I want to play in," he said, after an NOS reporter asked him whether he was allowed to drop deep to get the ball.

"And when I see that, it makes it difficult for me to come to those spaces as well. So that forces me to adjust my runs, based on the position of my fellow players. And unfortunately, their often playing in my zones. I think that's a shame," he elaborated.

The attacker also admitted he made some mistakes of his own. "I rushed that shot," he said. "That's a shame, because I don't get a lot of chances, so when you get one, you have to score."

Confronted with some of the criticism directed at Manchester United's manager David Moyes, Van Persie said: "He's working hard at it, and so are we. Sometimes we play well, but not all the time. We don't have luck on our side."

"It's easy to point the finger at someone, but I'm not like that. We have to do better ourselves."

RVP

"It's easy to point the finger at someone, but I'm not like that. We have to do better ourselves."

:/

Lol at the spin