The Official Manchester United Thread

Young £

Weird that as soon as Moyes went Scholes came back even though Moyes approached him earlier in the season

Scholes has been in and out all season working with Butt.

First team, official capacity

Not pro-bono with his friend and some kids

granted, just putting it out there, 

that said he supposedly rejected a role at the start of the season because he wanted to spend time at home, i imagine it was a easier sell coming from one of his best friends and for 4 games initially anyway.

will be interesting to see if United make an announcement of the next manager before the next quarter of financial results are made public, It'll also be interesting to see what direction the club go in strategy wise, there was talk of a director of football coming in earlier in the season,

it'll also be interesting if LVG is put in charge how they go about the transfer window, he could be dealing with the small issue of a world cup till July-ish, that may well put the club in a similar situation as last season with time running out and no or very little business done.  

• Upvote 1

Gutted, would prefer for as few players as possible going to the World Cup so players are fully rested and ready to go pre-season and the start of next.

Plus I'm in Switzerland next month and was thinking about going to see Kosovo vs Senegal.

On a more serious note it'll be good experience for him to experience the World Cup thing.

30m is nothing for shaw if he turns out to be your LB for the next 10 years

if not sell him for 15-20 to someone like us in a couple of seasons.

Yeah i bet people wud have been saying Ferdinand wasnt worth 30m had the forum been around

He may have been quality and longevity wise, but United overpaid on the deal as Leeds were in the shit and i believe Ridsdale has said they would've accepted less, (they had no choice tbh)

as long as his contract isn't outrageous it could be a decent deal, However if i'm supposed to believe this is the best young Left back in the world and he represents good value then football has finally eaten itself. £30 million pounds for a left back unproven at the top level with only a years top flight football under his belt, I bet Porchy and other could point out 5-10 Left backs 18-26 that would be a lot cheaper. 

At least he won't dream of barce, real, Bayern etc in few years either

I think we'll see in the next few years that the notion that English players are reluctant and opposed to moving abroad is dying with the new generation of player, Whereas in older generations they wouldn't have been exposed to foreign leagues and players apart from when they were playing English opposition, these days i'd be surprised if Shaw wouldn't jump at the chance to play for Real or Barca, 

He probably grew up watching them and admiring them as much or nearly as much as United. 

the days of the little Englander are coming to an end. 

The times are changing, Kids in England didn't used to want foreign shirts en masse now Barca and Real shirts are everywhere. 

• Upvote 1

Trust I would sign him for us in a heart beat

With a good coach he will be sick

Not doubting his quality I'm questioning the price, 

granted with the way United do business it'd probably be 15 million upfront with the rest dependant on games played and success but £30 million pounds for Luke Shaw?

Potential in abundance and it'd send out a good message but damn,