Career Or Love?

Guest Mickey Kane

Yes but just because you’re in a relationship doesn’t mean you’re “in love”
Dont you find it hard to believe in Love if you've never experienced it?
Are you taking the piss?I’ve experienced love and I think I would have given up my whole family, all my money EVERTHING to be with him if that was the case.
Woah Blud. Giving up family for a male? Damn.Anyhoo right now... I'd choose career... the way I want to fulfil my dream so badly I don't need any distractions right now... and when I get into a relationship I seem to loose focus... but I dunno... maybe I can balnace the two?!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And for the last bit you have most likely never been in love and been in the most intense relationship you could imagine, so blah you can’t really call me demented for being in love now.
I have been in a very intense relationship, which screwed me over in many ways for a long time after it.Thats why Im such a bastard now.

it's very easy to loose focus wen ur on someone or in a relationship, that person ends up gettin more airtime on ur brain that your goal. I'm not sure what i'd rather tbh in an ideal world we'd have the perfect balance but nothing's ever straightforward really

tbh even if its a job i really love...i probs wouldn't enjoy it as much knowing that i had to give up the one i love to do it.i'd rather have love tbh...i know people always say there are plenty more fish in the sea....but there are far more jobs.but i don't think i could be a housewife though...i'd need to be doing something.

my girl supports me in trying to get my dream job i dont know though i dont think she would ever expect me to choose but then again at the moment id like to think id choose my girl.i actually believe i would do this cos im not in a standard relationship no more im in a meaningful one.

having a partner slows you down - it doesn't matter what people try and tell you, but its the truth. You will compromise, procrastinate on certain things, and not achieve what you want to as fast...The first time I was with someone I really cared about, I achieved virtually nothing in the space of a year or so - I learnt from it, and the next time I met someone, I did my own thing, kept my space, and worked solidly - but I still had to make time for them. And time is money etc...I achieved a lot more, but not as much as I could have if I were on my own, with no strings holding me back, or other factors to consider when I was making decisions.I've realised that Im not the sort of person who would be ideal to be settling down with right now, or even considering something serious.I think you need to be stable, and have sorted yourself out, before you get involved with someone with a realistic idea of staying with them for the long term.Thats the short answer anyway...
Good point/ C/S

Guest Cousin Of Sleep
my girl supports me in trying to get my dream job i dont know though i dont think she would ever expect me to choose but then again at the moment id like to think id choose my girl.i actually believe i would do this cos im not in a standard relationship no more im in a meaningful one.
When'd this happen?

:D:D:D Could it be? No more links on the side? WOah. :D

Guest LOGers

well tbh I've pretty much got my career in the bag whilst making my moves to become a business tycoon,from my experience you can never give 100% to both things.When I was with my ex last year I honestly felt like I had met my husband. I put everything I had into that relationship and 18 months down the line it was void.I did what I had to do to pass the year but I didn't work extraordinarily hard and looking back, I feel that maybe I should have done.I'm still only 19 years old so I have plenty of time before I have to worry about dying single in a house full of cats...If I'm gonna be in a fulfilling relationship with someone whilst still chasing my dreams and aspirations, I dont think its gonna be now.At this age I think most of us are too self-involved to really be able to reach the successful balance required to maintain both a partner and a career.

I haven't read the whole thread but all i have to say is;I WOULD NEVER CHOOSE A CHICK OVER MY CAREER, NEVER!Thanks for listening.
yeh not being funny, i thought about it properly and i really wouldnt either