Lil Wayne - Carter III - 9th June - Anticipation Thread

Numero001

I'm on track 14 now and I feel like I downloaded some counterfit version by Lil Jayne cos this doesn't justify the hype in here.Beat selection is shocking.Lyrics are good in parts but shocking in others.Mixes are poor for an album, sounds like it was rushed.6/10

album is f*ckin weaki swear i only like him on mixtapes n features
i thought that till i heard this albumThis album he came with somin very differentfrom his selection of beats to conceptsThe song with Fab and Juelz par the hook is fireDr Carter is big, he selected a beat most right now wouldnt from Swizz beats and came with a big trackreminds me somin that MF Doom would do rather than Weezy or any southern artisttUr typical Weezy, Rick Ross and Jeezy fiend is gonna hatecus he didnt select them kinda beats...

Guest David Braund
i thought that till i heard this albumThis album he came with somin very differentfrom his selection of beats to conceptsThe song with Fab and Juelz par the hook is fireDr Carter is big, he selected a beat most right now wouldnt from Swizz beats and came with a big trackreminds me somin that MF Doom would do rather than Weezy or any southern artisttUr typical Weezy, Rick Ross and Jeezy fiend is gonna hatecus he didnt select them kinda beats...
ur not wrong there....

ur not wrong there....
More East than South. Not really feeling this album but I deffo know the Rick Ross fans wont like. Couple hits but it come like a mish-mash of tunes from here and there, but overally its not all that. Middle is the best, but around it is pretty wack, nowhere near cohesiveI'll give it a few more tries and see if it catches

You have to headphone this albumwhether on phone or on ipodcan't appreciate it with speakers IMO
You make a good point. I'm on net and been on phone whilst listening to it in background. Lyrically it seems better and more concentrated, beats allow for the lyrics to be heard if you get what I mean. I'm not gonna lie I was hoping the beats would be knocking and they arent so I have to re-adjustThis 'Misunderstood' tune is big. Got a subtle 90s Dancehall vibe to it with Reggae guitar licks

Wayne just got my votei've always been a Wayne sceptic, listened to The Dedication 1 and thought he was the worst rapper alive.Drought 3 was the best mixtape of last year, f*ckin sick, but i like everyone didn't think he could do iti think he's done it, not as best as he could have, but he still got there.album is sick, track for track, yes even the T-Pain track, don't care. if TF is telling the truth bout S.A.S. passing up beats that reached this album, it wouldn't surprise me, they couldn't do with tracks what he does. good Wayne is outside the box, Lollipop is outside the box IMO.by no means is this album perfect, it definitely loses some momentum around the halfway point, but that's not to take anything away from the later tracks, at all.yeah Wayne drops some awful bars at times but not enough to annoy me. bad Wayne is very bad IMO, there's not too much of that on here as far as i can see, but then i'm only on my second listen as i type.tracks that got me hypeeeeee3 PeatMr. CarterDr. CarterTie My HandsShoot Me DownLa LaNothin On MeLet The Beat BuildA Milli, Comfortable and Lollipop as well, but i'd heard them already.as someone recommended above... i head phoned this album with a zoot and a beer. big.understandably not for everyone, not the album to convince a Wayne hater...a strong 7/10 (on first listen)

Album defo not thisLike Creamy i bunned a zoot and had some Ollld English and put this on my IpodLil wayne gets ratings from when i heard Lollipop i was expecting bare standard ish to please the lil wayne/rick ross fans like a standard Akon callabo (yes i realise he had t pain on one joint before someone points it out) and dj khaled style ishand bare southeren bassy beatsinstead he switched it up, got beats from Just Blaze, Kanye, Alchemist etci never thought id here a song like Dr Carter come from Lil wayneI like how even from Swizz beats and David Banner he did sumin different Its defienty the best album out the 3 no doubt

Wayne just got my votei've always been a Wayne sceptic, listened to The Dedication 1 and thought he was the worst rapper alive.Drought 3 was the best mixtape of last year, f*ckin sick, but i like everyone didn't think he could do iti think he's done it, not as best as he could have, but he still got there.album is sick, track for track, yes even the T-Pain track, don't care. if TF is telling the truth bout S.A.S. passing up beats that reached this album, it wouldn't surprise me, they couldn't do with tracks what he does. good Wayne is outside the box, Lollipop is outside the box IMO.by no means is this album perfect, it definitely loses some momentum around the halfway point, but that's not to take anything away from the later tracks, at all.yeah Wayne drops some awful bars at times but not enough to annoy me. bad Wayne is very bad IMO, there's not too much of that on here as far as i can see, but then i'm only on my second listen as i type.tracks that got me hypeeeeee3 PeatMr. CarterDr. CarterTie My HandsShoot Me DownLa LaNothin On MeLet The Beat BuildA Milli, Comfortable and Lollipop as well, but i'd heard them already.as someone recommended above... i head phoned this album with a zoot and a beer. big.understandably not for everyone, not the album to convince a Wayne hater...a strong 7/10 (on first listen)
Trust me if you were in the wayne hype this past three years I think it is, he needed a 9 and above to have "pulled it off"

Shoot me down is such a f*ck*ng hard trackIt gets me how nothing gets me or gets to meIf you are shooting for the stars then just shoot meBut your buletts dont reach mars pause clause because im a beast im a dogI get ya my picture should be in the dictionary next to the defenition of defenition because repetition is the father of learning son i know your barrel burning but(please dont shoot me down)f*ck off

Trust me if you were in the wayne hype this past three years I think it is, he needed a 9 and above to have "pulled it off"
tomorrow it might be a 8, the way me listening tonight is goinby the time its been round my circle of friends and we're all dancing around gettin kronked to it nex friday night, it may well be a 9

defo a 7/10, was gonna give it a 6 but 2nd proprr listen (with headphones) changed my mindfave tracks rtie my handsmr carternothin on meshoot me dwncomfortable*lollipop**heard them b4 thokmt, y did he have to do tht nonsense on 'nothin on me' almost spoilt the tuneslit yr throat so u can smile from yr neck. LAWLDFDDGFDGDthe part where bobby valentino said 'weowoeoweoweowe' made me switch. dnt think this is betta than carter II tho, the gap between them isnt tht big tho (quality wise)will be giving this regular spins.