Academic Thread

Yoshie

Guest Logster
Any Manchester Uni heads here?What campus' you on/recommend? Strictly En-suite (no princess) and whagwarn with the Ethernet connection...in 08/09 for real?
LOL @ not having an ensuite *shudders at the thought*Went to manny 06-08I stayed in the city campus.Its the least hype (bare foreign students) but the closest to the city centre (obviously) so the shops were way too close for me to resist everydayDon't stay in Fallowfield, its student central but its a sh*t hole. Dirty as hell. *vomits*Rat infestations and the likeIf its an Ensuite thing you're after apply for Lambert/Fairfield/Chandos hall (all city campus) but 10 mins walk to uni. Or you can jump on the free bus.Lambert is the nicest cah its the newest.Rusholme area is alright as well (Hulme Hall etc) and thats even closer to uni that the city campus.The net connection was/is live tbh.

damn need to get my ucas off. f*ck school and these bullshit essays. Why did I waste my half term. Also, about the drinking thing I hav never said the classic line "I'm never drinking again" because I don't think anyone ever sticks to that anyway.I swear when I'm too drunk it's not good but I don't worry about embarassment just the fact I lose all game to drunken rambling

These days i think alot of people just go uni for the experience and freedom, some people just go uni so they can move out. Trust me.
They are generally the ones that get poor grades although there are exceptions to that rule.

Guest LucaPiano

Universties have been increasing in failure over the last 5 years, just check the pass rates;2002 - 75% 2003 - 74%2004 - 81%2005 - 71%2006 - 69%2007 - 65%The government have put this down to the whole UNI trend, people going to UNI because it's supposed to be trendy and not actually doing the work so what the government have put in place is to withdraw over 12.75 % of funding and grants to universties and are piling that money into late secondary school education and early college education.basically if your at UNI now your pretty f*cked, e.g teachers not helping you

Guest Sorter.
Does anybody actually do the 40 hours private study a week?Cos lol if you think I'm gonna spend 5 hours a day reading.
i dont....really gonna start reading some books tho, need to get clued up for my 3rd year.....

Universties have been increasing in failure over the last 5 years, just check the pass rates;2002 - 75% 2003 - 74%2004 - 81%2005 - 71%2006 - 69%2007 - 65%The government have put this down to the whole UNI trend, people going to UNI because it's supposed to be trendy and not actually doing the work so what the government have put in place is to withdraw over 12.75 % of funding and grants to universties and are piling that money into late secondary school education and early college education.basically if your at UNI now your pretty f*cked, e.g teachers not helping you
pisstake, no wonder the price is increasing my brother managed to get £1k a year, I think I'm the last year to pay £3k a year and after that the caps are eliminated so the price will be ridiculous

how can this guy i know be at in his 4th year still in 1st year.got kicked out of manchester uni for failing to attend class.went to the met and didnt turn up, failed his exams.did it again 07/08 and said hed be fine beacuse he had "notes". failed again. was not willing to pay the £45 for resitting all his modules because it "wasnt worth it" yet be willing to pay £3k+ to do the same year a forth time...

how can this guy i know be at in his 4th year still in 1st year.got kicked out of manchester uni for failing to attend class.went to the met and didnt turn up, failed his exams.did it again 07/08 and said hed be fine beacuse he had "notes". failed again. was not willing to pay the £45 for resitting all his modules because it "wasnt worth it" yet be willing to pay £3k+ to do the same year a forth time...
thats sad still

i feel sorry for his financial status.3 x 4 = 12K debt roughyl already with nothing to show for it....not to mention any maintenence loans.f*ckin pissed.

LOL @ my lecturer.Kinda shot down my dissertation idea, but said he likeed my thought process behind it and guided me in the direction of another area I could pursue. Next Thursday I need to have a working title and more information about how to go about the question.Can't wait to finish uni. The lack of organisation is over jarring.

LOL @ my lecturer.Kinda shot down my dissertation idea, but said he likeed my thought process behind it and guided me in the direction of another area I could pursue. Next Thursday I need to have a working title and more information about how to go about the question.Can't wait to finish uni. The lack of organisation is over jarring.
The supervisor I chose shot down my 1st idea too. But then I came up with a better one that I'll actually enjoy completing.The whole lack of structure for the final year annoys me! but my supervisor.......boy.....woman has already told me she expects the 1st chapter of my project on her desk by the 3rd Dec....there isn't even an official hand-in date till January 13that least she's keeping me on my toes though

I was informed by one of my lecturers today that I was responsible for a whole module being removed from my course at uni and a lecturer being formally warned for serious misconduct because last year my lecturer gave me 35% in my assignment and I complained etc etc it turned out she hadn't sent them to the moderators which is like illegal in uni life apparently. So I got all the assignments for the module recalled and remarked and ended up with a final mark of 66%. So just for anybody who's ever scared about contesting marks it works, do it.Hope that dumb bitch doesn't teach anybody else.