Official Job Vacancies Thread

zeezee

My new job is jokes, ok so the 5.30am/6am starts are a killer but the workplace has a fun friendly vibe to it, u can wear pretty much what u want, listen to your music and talk whilst typing data into a computer system.

Guest DN Braund

Woolworths is goin into adminsitrationso is MFIso around 33k ppl are now huntin for jobs with you mangood luckon the plus side doeMFI will hav closin down salesn Woolworths prob willmay raid the sweet section

My new job is jokes, ok so the 5.30am/6am starts are a killer but the workplace has a fun friendly vibe to it, u can wear pretty much what u want, listen to your music and talk whilst typing data into a computer system.
your in the office for 6am??what time you finish
yeafinish around 2pmits the most laid back job ever apart from they are rather precise on timekeeping with breaks etc because you get a 10 min eye break every hour plus half an hour lunch break, its near enough £10 an hour if you work on sundaysbut lol @ certain people being scheduled to have their lunch break at 8am , mine is at 10am but ye the lunch break system is kinda fcuked

data entry, basically i just press the F8 key and F1 key a lot whilst listenin to the ipod.now and again il press the enter key and type in locations and areas i dont mind this job, its got a fun atmosphere. made work acquaintances pretty quickly as well, the majority of people are jokes, u can even have a laugh with the supervisors as well.

That sounds like the perfect job for the rest of my gap year, i could continue to kill as many brain cells as i like and listen to music whilst working.Where would one find such a job?
x2data entry is PISS easyhad to enter about 50 details as part of some test when i went to one agency the other daybreezed through it

Broadcast Assistant 1 Xtra

Ref 707508Region LondonContract Type Attachment/Fixed TermJob Category Business Support & ManagementClosing date for applications 29 November 2008 Job DescriptionJob Title: Broadcast Assistant – 1XtraGrade: 4DClose Date: 30 November 2008Contract Type: Fixed Term / Attachment Job Purpose1Xtra The digital station plays the best in contemporary black music, with a strong emphasis on live music and supporting new UK artists. Bespoke journalism and regular discussion also form a key part of the schedule. Broadcast Assistants are part of a team which deliver this informed and stylish music and lifestyle programmes to discerning 15 - 24 year old fans of black music. For the post you’ll need an in-depth knowledge of urban lifestyles and knowledge of at least two contemporary black music genres. Providing full support to programme producers, the Broadcast Assistant will be self-motivated, adaptable and thoroughly informed on urban cultures The role of our BAs is wide and varied. You will have past experience of working in radio or music production. As well as using your IT skills, you’ll be booking studios, preparing scripts and budgets, researching topics and drafting briefs for presenters. Excellent administrative and organisational skills required. You will have excellent general knowledge, strong communications skills, familiarity with the Internet for research purposes and strong ideas for programme content across multimedia platforms. You should be prepared to learn new production techniques.Areas of ResponsibilityAdministration * Booking and co-ordinating production facilities. * Processing contracts, music reporting and ‘programmes as broadcast’. * Obtaining music clearances and permissions; preparing scripts and dealing with listeners’ queries. * Assisting with the preparation of programme promotion, presentation and support material. Helping to compile, record and maintain budgets. Research & Production * Providing content across all new media platforms, particularly Online. * Contributing ideas and helping to develop ideas for a wide range of programmes, finding and securing appropriate contributors. * Researching, evaluating and compiling information into a brief for a presenter, producer or editor. * Under editorial guidance, preparing interviews and packages, scripting and studio direction. Technical/Operational * Under editorial guidance editing and mixing recorded material on digital equipment. * Operating technical equipment including portable recording machines and self-op studios. * Undertaking non-complex studio operations and assisting with recording on location. * An awareness of health and safety issues in a multidisciplinary environment.Required Knowledge and ExperienceBroadcast Assistants must be able to demonstrate the following: * An in-depth knowledge of at least two of the following genres: R & B, Hip-Hop, UK Garage, Drum & Bass, Reggae, Dancehall, African. * Competence in using IT systems. Desirable Skills and Knowledge * Familiarity with radio and studio applications. * Familiarity with radio and desktop sound editing techniques. * The potential to learn technical studio and Internet applications. * Experience of having worked in a broadcast or music production (paid or voluntary). * Experience of using the Internet as a research tool.Personal QualitiesBroadcast Assistants should have the following personal qualities to complement their experience: * Strong communication skills. * A passion for black music. * Good aural judgement with a keen interest in sound. * The ability to work flexibly without supervision. * A meticulous attention to detail. * A concern for results.
http://jobs.bbc.co.uk/fe/tpl_bbc01.asp?s=e...iladkvedlcrcgtq

That sounds like the perfect job for the rest of my gap year, i could continue to kill as many brain cells as i like and listen to music whilst working.Where would one find such a job?
x2data entry is PISS easyhad to enter about 50 details as part of some test when i went to one agency the other daybreezed through it
indeed it is piss easy, but the 6am starts are not really pleasant. the amount of london address's that pop up on my monitor are ridiculous.

yeh 6am start is f*cked
i got 7 days on the trott of it startin from tues next week, one day off, then 5 days straight of it again, im gonna have to get a lot of relentless down me. i have to set off at about 5.15am, get up about 4.15, by the time i get there, i already feel zonked out.its like musical chairs though, cos everytime u come off a 10 min eye break, your on a next computer desk, its proper weird.