13th Annual MOBO Awards Thread

Numero001

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westwood was on a parring ting. He said somehing along the lines of "I've come to pick up my f*ck*ng award aiiight?" then proceeded to big up Giggs and Ghetto.Westwoods a don, man. They should MBE him. Infact, substitute Kanya King's one with him.And yeah it was for the label. Summed up MOBOs by choosing who I think stood the best chance of being the only Motown singer who couldnt sing. Dan know they only had her to sing notes in the low register

u think they should change the mobo's completlyand make it all uk. kinda like it was in the begining...and have a whole new load of categoriesand have like best website / dvd / clothing / designer / etc etc... take it back to roots...instead of tryin to be a big thing when clearly..it isnt....

u think they should change the mobo's completlyand make it all uk. kinda like it was in the begining...and have a whole new load of categoriesand have like best website / dvd / clothing / designer / etc etc... take it back to roots...instead of tryin to be a big thing when clearly..it isnt....
f*ck that, leave that sh*t to UMAs with special guest TQ.It's all about re-adjusting what they have and embracing the grassroots which is what the kids really want to hear/see. Listen to the cheers Bashy and Tinchy got when their names were announced, Mavado and Chippy got when they won... mix that with the likes of Estelle and Taio Cruz dem. Where they failed is they had nothing but the latter. Only variety offered was Flo Rida spitting over vocals and Criag David who shouldnt have been there. Youths dont care about CD and that age group care more about Estelle than CD so he wasnt needed; wasnt even nominated. John Legend gets a bly I guess 'cause he's a superstar.As I've said previously, Funky, Dubstep and Bassline should have been included and whatever happened to the Best Unsigned? That would have more attention now that we have access to things like MySpace, YouTube and them but they've merged that with Best Newcomer where you get guys that have been on the scene for ages pitched against those, like Chippy who are new.You can never put all your eggs in the UK basket because quality and quantity fluctuate from year to year so I wouldnt advise that.