Daniel Welbeck

Hmmm

Welbz will do fine with a manager that believes in him, let's be honest his place in the Utd team as a central striker was dependent on either Rooney or RVP being unavailable which can't have done his confidence any good.

I think Wenger will back him to the hilt and play him through any rough patches in form he might have which will put him at ease, constantly feeling like you've got to put in a breathtaking performance just to be in with a chance of retaining your place is a huge hinderance.

I expect Danny to do well.

Have you actually seen Welbecks stats when played as a STRIKER not mixed with his STATS when played out wide as a WINGER

I.e his goals to game ratio when played in his correct position

Genuine question, or are you basing your opinion on something else?

You can cook the stats however you want bro it doesnt concern me in the slightest

When youre being played as a forward your job is to create a threat to the oppositions goal wether its scoring goals, or making them by playing key passes or having intelligent movement that creates opportunity

My problem with welbeck isnt that he is not intelligent or cant build play up

Its that hes finishing is the weakest part of his game IMO

Rene was on ssn screaming it yesterday he is not a natural goal scorer guy has been watching him play football since he was 8 years old but your tryna come on vip and tell me different cos youve seen what?

Absolute nonsense

Welbeck is a STRIKER so regardless of the job a winger it's not his position so he's not gonna perform well there or as good as he would in his best position. The same applies to evey striker you can think of

Finishing can be improved with experience. ie a run of games, not the odd sub appearance

Welbeck is gonna suprise a lot of people imo

The position Welbeck plays doesnt have an effect on his ability to convert chances into goals

If you didnt understand what I was saying you wouldnt have made reference to him improving his finishing

• Downvote 1

Have you actually seen Welbecks stats when played as a STRIKER not mixed with his STATS when played out wide as a WINGER

I.e his goals to game ratio when played in his correct position

Genuine question, or are you basing your opinion on something else?

You can cook the stats however you want bro it doesnt concern me in the slightest

When youre being played as a forward your job is to create a threat to the oppositions goal wether its scoring goals, or making them by playing key passes or having intelligent movement that creates opportunity

My problem with welbeck isnt that he is not intelligent or cant build play up

Its that hes finishing is the weakest part of his game IMO

Rene was on ssn screaming it yesterday he is not a natural goal scorer guy has been watching him play football since he was 8 years old but your tryna come on vip and tell me different cos youve seen what?

Absolute nonsense

Welbeck is a STRIKER so regardless of the job a winger it's not his position so he's not gonna perform well there or as good as he would in his best position. The same applies to evey striker you can think of

Finishing can be improved with experience. ie a run of games, not the odd sub appearance

Welbeck is gonna suprise a lot of people imo

The position Welbeck plays doesnt have an effect on his ability to convert chances into goals

“I’ve grown up with Welbs and I think he’s unbelievably talented,” Sturridge says. “We’ve been in similar situations, both wanting to play centrally but being on the wing. MENTALLY, it plays with you sometimes.”

Ducker with those half truths. Substitute Falcao for Januzaj and he'd be correct.

Would be interesting to see the full story come out and how Utd reacted to it.

Will only say this. There are reasons why he didnt acknowledge Utd in his admittedly Arsenal in-house interview and wont sign off on an open letter about his departure.

Welbs Camp 2 Utd 0 FT

This notion that Danny wasn't given a chance at Utd is stupid. I can't think of a 3rd choice striker that has been given as many opportunities. From being played out of position to be accommodated to displacing our star player in the starting lineup to spearhead the attack against Real Madrid in CL.

He shouldn't even be compared to Sturridge for example who now at Liverpool who has the luxury of an unbroken run of games. He should be compared to the other optional strikers in the league like Dzeko & Podolski.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This notion that Danny wasn't given a chance at Utd is stupid. I can't think of a 3rd choice striker that has been given as many opportunities. From being played out of position to be accommodated to displacing our star player in the starting lineup to spearhead the attack against Real Madrid in CL.

He shouldn't even be compared to Sturridge for example who now at Liverpool who has the luxury of an unbroken run of games. He should be compared to the other optional strikers in the league like Dzeko & Podolski.

Seriously, cmon

1. How is playing someone out of position giving them a chance, playing a striker in a 442 left midfield, you wouldn't expect Crespo or Trezeguet to bang there so why expect Welbeck to just because he's fast and strong, he grew up from 10 years old playing as a striker, his attributes is suited for the striker role, how is playing him every now and again "giving him a chance", guys like Valencia and young have been given a chance, a 4 year chance and are still shit yet they still start almost every game under three different managers

2. Welbeck doesn't pick the team, he got man of the match (out if position) against real Madrid and was dropped next game, he scored 6 goals upfront for us last December, then as soon as Rooney is back he was dropped again, how is that a failure on his part

3. Strikers rely Alot on confidence, how can your composure and finishing improve if you not playing everyweek ffs and when you are so desperate to impress of course you are going to mess up some chances because you will end up trying to hard to impress

I seriously don't understand

• Upvote 6

Ducker with those half truths. Substitute Falcao for Januzaj and he'd be correct.

Will only say this. There are reasons why he didnt acknowledge Utd in his admittedly Arsenal in-house interview and wont sign off on an open letter about his departure.

Welbs Camp 2 Utd 0 FT

thought it was a bit weird he came out and said hed had dreams of playing for arsenal when hes a united boy through and through

Welbs Camp 2 Utd 0 FT

thought it was a bit weird he came out and said hed had dreams of playing for arsenal when hes a united boy through and through

Not dreamed

'envisaged' don't let the daily mail fool you

As in how I would envisage playing for real madrid if there was speculation they would want to sign me, a quick day dream wondering how i would slot into their system.