Formula 1 2010 Season Thread

MrJibbles

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to add to thatSebastian Vettel has been given a 10-place grid penalty for the Malaysian Grand Prix next weekend following his clash with Robert Kubica in Melbourne.Vettel crashed with BMW Sauber's Kubica with three laps to go when the Pole tried to overtake him around the outside.Both men were forced to retire later on.The German driver's Red Bull team was also fined $50,000 for instructing Vettel to stay on track despite running on three wheels.

A bit more into both incidents;

Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel has been handed a 10-place grid penalty for next weekend’s Malaysian Grand Prix following an incident in Sunday’s Australian race. Vettel collided with BMW Sauber’s Robert Kubica during the latter stages in Melbourne as the Polish driver attempted to overtake him.Following a post-race investigation, stewards decided to penalise the young German for 'causing a collision and forcing a driver off the track’. He had been racing in second, behind eventual race victor Jenson Button, with Kubica running a close third.“We were in second and a strong position, but then, a couple of laps from the end, I had a stupid racing accident with Robert,” explained Vettel. “At the time I turned in I was ahead, but I couldn't keep up speed in the corner and Robert was on a harder tyre, so was much quicker. At the time we collided he was in front, but I had no where to go, I couldn't stop the car, or turn to the right and my tyres were gone.“Maybe I should have said let him go and bring third back home, but that's life. I tried to defend and, up to the mid-corner, I had reason, but then I had no grip to avoid a collision. I'm sorry to the team and also to Robert, as it didn't just mean the end of my race, but also his.”Both Vettel's and Kubica's cars sustained substantial front-end damage in the collision. But while the BMW Sauber driver spun off and hit a wall soon after, Vettel continued to drive his stricken RB5 with its left front wheel hanging off as the safety car emerged following the incident.As a result the stewards have additionally fined him - and Red Bull Racing - US$50,000 for continuing to drive a damaged car.Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel has been handed a 10-place grid penalty for next weekend’s Malaysian Grand Prix following an incident in Sunday’s Australian race. Vettel collided with BMW Sauber’s Robert Kubica during the latter stages in Melbourne as the Polish driver attempted to overtake him.Following a post-race investigation, stewards decided to penalise the young German for 'causing a collision and forcing a driver off the track’. He had been racing in second, behind eventual race victor Jenson Button, with Kubica running a close third.“We were in second and a strong position, but then, a couple of laps from the end, I had a stupid racing accident with Robert,” explained Vettel. “At the time I turned in I was ahead, but I couldn't keep up speed in the corner and Robert was on a harder tyre, so was much quicker. At the time we collided he was in front, but I had no where to go, I couldn't stop the car, or turn to the right and my tyres were gone.“Maybe I should have said let him go and bring third back home, but that's life. I tried to defend and, up to the mid-corner, I had reason, but then I had no grip to avoid a collision. I'm sorry to the team and also to Robert, as it didn't just mean the end of my race, but also his.”Both Vettel's and Kubica's cars sustained substantial front-end damage in the collision. But while the BMW Sauber driver spun off and hit a wall soon after, Vettel continued to drive his stricken RB5 with its left front wheel hanging off as the safety car emerged following the incident.As a result the stewards have additionally fined him - and Red Bull Racing - US$50,000 for continuing to drive a damaged car.http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/3/9098.html
Toyota’s Jarno Trulli has lost his third place in Sunday’s Australian Grand Prix after stewards penalized him for passing under the safety car in the closing laps.Trulli ran off road near the end of the race, thus losing a place to McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton, but then repassed the world champion once he had rejoined the circuit.The Italian was given a 10-second stop-go penalty as a result, but since the offence occurred within the final five laps that was translated into a 25-second penalty added to his race time. He thus drops to 12th."I can't say how disappointed I am to finish third but have the result questioned," he said. "When the safety car came out towards the end of the race Lewis passed me but soon after he suddenly slowed down and pulled over to the side of the road. I thought he had a problem so I overtook him as there was nothing else I could do."http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/3/9097.html

Vettel getting a drop?! What the f*ck... Kubica's fault in my opinion. My theory is that Vettel probably admitted it to being his fault- he was saying sorry to the team on the radio and calling himself an idiot for it... but looking at the video- at worst, it's 50-50 into that corner (what the hell's Vettel supposed to do?) and at best it's Kubica's fault (who completely cut the space out for Vettel). Good result for Hamilton there then- things worked out for him at the right time- he got himself upto decent positions to capitalise on any good fortune- and he got lots of it when cars started retiring. Kubica and Vettel being the main one of course.

Australian Grand Prix - 2009Qualifying LIVE - 800,000 (44.6%) [increase of 110%]Qualifying RR - 2.5m (27.3%) [increase of 47%]Total Quali Audience - 3.30m [increase of 58%]Race LIVE - 2.1m (60.5%) [increase of 159%] (peak: 3.4m @ 08:30)Race RR - 2.8m (30.2%) [decrease of 25%] (peak: 3.1m)Highlights - 300,000Total Race Audience - 5.2m [increase of 7%]

Flippin' 'eck, that's good to see.Watched it on the red button yesterday.Still think the new commos shite.
I thought Legard and Brundle did well. Legard was better than Saturday but things take time to gel.5Live was good as ever, however I did check the CBBC commentary while I had the re-run on and laughed.

Guest Medic
Yeah the new commentator is f*ck*ng so shite.He was nearly creaming himself in Q1 when teams where just tryna get through. 'OH AND HERE COMES RAIKONNEN!, RAIKKONEN DOWN THE STRAIGHT TOWARDS THE FINISH LINE, HOW WILL HE DO!?!?!'And im like, ermmmm, you do realise its q1 right? No need to get a boner.Brundle though>>>
:lol: