Formula 1 2010 Season Thread

MrJibbles

Hamilton stripped of Points and Podium.Trulli Handed 3rd.

Lewis Hamilton and McLaren have been stripped of their podium finish and all points at the Australian Grand Prix. The sport's world governing body said they were excluded "for providing evidence deliberately misleading to the stewards at the hearing on 29 March". A post-race hearing promoted Hamilton from fourth to third after Trulli was penalised for passing the Englishman while the safety car was out. Trulli and Toyota have been reinstated to third place. The Italian was initially handed a 25-second penalty for the incident which saw him demoted to 12th. Hamilton was summoned by stewards on Thursday to discuss what the FIA, motorsport's governing body, described as "a new element" of evidence. It was not clear what the new evidence was, although it was thought to involve pit-to-car radio conversations between the team and driver, with the FIA ruling that there had been a breach of the international sporting code The yellow safety flags came out at Melbourne after a collision between Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel and Robert Kubica in his BMW Sauber. Trulli slid off the track and was passed by Hamilton but the Toyota driver said he had little choice but to overtake the Briton again. "When the safety car came out towards the end of the race, Hamilton passed me but soon after he suddenly slowed down and pulled over to the side of the road," he said. "I thought he had a problem so I overtook him as there was nothing else I could do." Hamilton had told Speed TV after the race that Trulli went wide onto the grass at the second to last corner. "I was forced to go by. I slowed down as much as I could. I was told to let him back past, I don't know if that's the regulations, and if it isn't, then I should have really had third," said the Briton. Toyota had said after the race that they would make a protest but dropped that on Wednesday because they felt it had no chance of succeeding.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOLI liked Hamilton last year cos he always seemed determined and that, but now hes not in the best car he comes across as a spoilt whining little brat and now lieing. SMH. sh*t like this can kill a career SWIFTLY.
i like how you say "comes across" based on some newspaper report that has not confirmed what exactly was said. if we go by reports and tell tales, hamilton should have won in his debut year but they didnt give it to him. michael schumacher was the biggest spoilt bigbaby F1 has ever seen, but no one complained. about "he comes across as................."and why did F1 change the car this year. i know they make changes every year, but only slightly. why did they change the car so much this year??? how come the top 6 winners apart from hamilton in australia all use that divider thingy that makes the car have more grip??? swear if mclaren had developed it and used it alone..they wouldve had their car design denied flatly.if they continue with this sh*t they will lose fans. same sh*t happened when tiger woods came to run riot. they started changing clubs and sh*t to make it harder but he's still merking. f*ck*ng anglo saxon cunts

SMH at clueless guys bringing race into this already.He clearly knew what he was doing in passing Trulli.Radio Comms proved it.They interviewed him after (stewards) and he lied.End of.Now whether that was him lieing or team orders, we dont know.Yes he's pissed, but he's a professional, no world champion wants to be in a position where his car in uncompetitive and he is getting disqualified.

Transcript of Hamilton-Mclaren Radio Comm:488767.jpg

McLaren: OK Lewis, you should need to make sure your delta is positive over the safety car line. After the safety car line the delta doesn't matter, but no overtaking. No overtaking.Lewis Hamilton: The Toyota went off in a line at the second corner...is this OK?McLaren: Understood, Lewis. We'll confirm and get back to you.LH: He was off the track. He went wide.McLaren: Lewis, you need to allow the Toyota through. Allow the Toyota through now.LH: OK.LH: He's slowed right down in front of me.McLaren: OK, Lewis. Stay ahead for the time being. Stay ahead. We will get back to you. We are talking to Charlie [Whiting – FIA race director].LH: I let him past already.McLaren: OK, Lewis. That's fine. That's fine. Hold position. Hold position.LH: Tell Charlie I already overtook him. I just let him past.McLaren: I understand Lewis. We are checking. Now can we go to yellow G 5, yellow Golf 5.LH: I don't have to let him past. I should be able to take that position back, if he made a mistake.McLaren: Yes, we understand Lewis. Let's just do it by the book. We are asking Charlie now. You are in P4 if you hold this position. Just keep it together.McLaren: OK Lewis, your KERS is full, your KERS is full. Just be aware. You can go back to black F2, black Foxtrott 2.LH: Any news from Charlie whether I can take it back or not?McLaren: Still waiting on a response Lewis, still waiting.McLaren: Lewis, work on your brakes please. Front brakes are cold.McLaren: If we are able to use one KERS that would be good. If you deploy KERS please do so now.McLaren: OK, Lewis, this is the last lap of the race. At the end of the lap the safety car will come in; you just proceed over the line without overtaking, without overtaking. We are looking into the Trulli thing, but just hold position.
Stewards Decision:
"During the hearing, held approximately one hour after the end of the race, the Stewards and the Race Director questioned Lewis Hamilton and his Team Manager David Ryan specifically about whether there had been an instruction given to Hamilton to allow Trulli to overtake. Both the driver and the Team Manager stated that no such instruction had been given. The Race Director specifically asked Hamilton whether he had consciously allowed Trulli to overtake. Hamilton insisted that he had not done so."

Hmm interesting but co-sign below.

SMH at clueless guys bringing race into this already.He clearly knew what he was doing in passing Trulli.Radio Comms proved it.They interviewed him after (stewards) and he lied.End of.Now whether that was him lieing or team orders, we dont know.Yes he's pissed, but he's a professional, no world champion wants to be in a position where his car in uncompetitive and he is getting disqualified.

Venom please leave this thread trying to get patronising to me.I said he comes across, because I dont know about you but I have a television, so newspaper reports mean nothing to me. Ive seen him on screen for myself with his own words. This thread is not for you.If you want to talk about racial issues please return to the whatever room, thanks.

What pisstake i want my fantasy pts back i had Trulli as one of my drivers and peopole with hamilton smacked it but now hes 10th and trulli third i should be number 1in the world

Mclarens SPorting Director Sacked:

The fall-out from Lewis Hamilton's exclusion from the Australian Grand Prix has led to a top McLaren official being suspended from his job. Sporting director Dave Ryan has been suspended after 35 years with McLaren. Hamilton gave stewards "deliberately misleading" evidence after Jarno Trulli was disqualified for passing him while the safety car was out in Melbourne. Ryan accompanied Hamilton to both of his hearings with the Formula 1 race stewards in Melbourne on Sunday. At a news conference in Malaysia on Friday, Whitmarsh said Ryan had not been "entirely full and truthful with the answers he gave [to the stewards], so we had not alternative but to suspend him". He added that although Hamilton had also been "not entirely truthful, Davey was the senior member of the team, so he is responsible for what happened". Whitmarsh said: "He did not set out with a deliberate intention to mislead but during the course of the meeting he was not as clear as he should have been. He made a very serious error of judgement and is paying the consequences of for that." He said it was a "very sad day" for McLaren, adding: "It is a point of deep regret. For Davey, it's been a shattering day." Whitmarsh also apologised to the FIA for the problems McLaren had caused. He added: "In my 20-odd years working for McLaren, I doubt if I've met a more dedicated individual than Davey. He's been an integral part of McLaren since 1974 and has played a crucial role in the team's many world championship successes since that time."

Back to the racing on Track.KUALA LUMPUR PRACTICE TIMES:Malaysian GP free practice session one times

1.  ROSBERG	   Williams	  1m36.260s2.  NAKAJIMA	  Williams	  1m36.305s3.  BUTTON		Brawn		 1m36.430s4.  BARRICHELLO   Brawn		 1m36.487s5.  MASSA		 Ferrari	   1m36.561s6.  RAIKKONEN	 Ferrari	   1m36.646s7.  HAMILTON	  McLaren	   1m36.699s8.  WEBBER		Red Bull	  1m36.703s9.  VETTEL		Red Bull	  1m36.747s10. GLOCK		 Toyota		1m36.980s11. TRULLI		Toyota		1m36.982s12. FISICHELLA	Force India   1m37.025s13. KUBICA		BMW		   1m37.039s14. PIQUET		Renault	   1m37.199s15. SUTIL		 Force India   1m37.241s16. ALONSO		Renault	   1m37.395s17. BUEMI		 Toro Rosso	1m37.634s18. HEIDFELD	  BMW		   1m37.640s19. BOURDAIS	  Toro Rosso	1m38.022s20. KOVALAINEN	McLaren	   1m38.483s

Malaysian GP free practice session two times1.  RAIKKONEN	 Ferrari	   1m35.707s2.  MASSA		 Ferrari	   1m35.832s3.  VETTEL		Red Bull	  1m35.954s4.  ROSBERG	   Williams	  1m36.015s5.  WEBBER		Red Bull	  1m36.026s6.  BARRICHELLO   Brawn		 1m36.161s7.  BUTTON		Brawn		 1m36.254s8.  NAKAJIMA	  Williams	  1m36.290s9.  KOVALAINEN	McLaren	   1m36.397s10. PIQUET		Renault	   1m36.401s11. HAMILTON	  McLaren	   1m36.515s12. TRULLI		Toyota		1m36.516s13. BUEMI		 Toro Rosso	1m36.628s14. GLOCK		 Toyota		1m36.639s15. ALONSO		Renault	   1m36.640s16. SUTIL		 Force India   1m36.875s17. KUBICA		BMW		   1m37.267s18. BOURDAIS	  Toro Rosso	1m37.278s19. FISICHELLA	Force India   1m37.432s20. HEIDFELD	  BMW		   1m37.930s

So how long til the media start hating/cussing Hamilton because Button's winning
It's not hate.He bareface lied.
I'm talking generally, not about the cheating bit, hence me saying "because Button's winning".
TBF, the media is still divided about Button and always have been.He can come across as an arrogant prick sometimes.Hamilton has good management/media/PR people around him, so always seems to be the "innocent" one.The sacking of the sporting director at mclaren proves it.

wasnt he suspended not sacked?button's winning will probably get more hoorah if he keeps winning. from what ive already started reading, its being said that you're only as good a driver as your car. so now button has a good car, hamilton is almost last years news. but thats for those people who depend on useless media commentator opinions to sway their judgement...not for real fans.still tho, ive always wished ross braun would work for mclaren. that would be a wrap for hamilton and his legacy.

wasnt he suspended not sacked?button's winning will probably get more hoorah if he keeps winning. from what ive already started reading, its being said that you're only as good a driver as your car. so now button has a good car, hamilton is almost last years news. but thats for those people who depend on useless media commentator opinions to sway their judgement...not for real fans.still tho, ive always wished ross braun would work for mclaren. that would be a wrap for hamilton and his legacy.
TBF most people have always said Button in a decent car would be class. Still, its only one race, season is young my boy.