England Squad thread

TF S4DK

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol at calling up a cripple
article-1006503-00C82E5900000578-906_468x691.jpgWhere was his wheelchair?you see on the new football manager see if u have ledley king and u play him does his match fitness drop to 58% after a match?better than kolo and gallas lmao*looks at kolo's and gallas's honours looks at ledleys laughs*

Guest faze .
lol at calling up a cripple
article-1006503-00C82E5900000578-906_468x691.jpgWhere was his wheelchair?you see on the new football manager see if u have ledley king and u play him does his match fitness drop to 58% after a match?better than kolo and gallas lmao*looks at kolo's and gallas's honours looks at ledleys laughs*
*looks at john o'sheas honours*seen

allow saying beatties namethe strikeforce is a joke if someone would of told me in 2001/2002 that in 2009carlton cole, heskey, and crouch would be 3 of 4 strikers i would of laughedand terry>>>>>>>>>>>>>woodgate
why?thats when heskey was at his bestcrouch is a joke tbfand cole had a lot of promise when he first burst onto the sceneif this was any of the other countries davies, beattie and bent would be members of the squad.I still reckon owen is the best out and out striker england has.

Gerrard off Rooney is probably our best option.Heskeys playing OK but he just isn't a goal threat, has the ball at his feet and you can tell he doesn't even consider shooting.

James,Johnson, Rio, Terry, Cole,SWP, Lampard, Barry, Downing,Gerrard,Rooney.

For the qualifier, dont care for the friendlyI'd have King in for Terry but that ain't happening in the qualifer and we all know it

allow saying beatties namethe strikeforce is a joke if someone would of told me in 2001/2002 that in 2009carlton cole, heskey, and crouch would be 3 of 4 strikers i would of laughedand terry>>>>>>>>>>>>>woodgate
why?thats when heskey was at his bestcrouch is a joke tbfand cole had a lot of promise when he first burst onto the sceneif this was any of the other countries davies, beattie and bent would be members of the squad.I still reckon owen is the best out and out striker england has.
exactly heskey was dunnin germany them times but if someone had said 7/8 years later he would be in the squad it doesnt show much progress from an english footballing point of viewnone of these guys are top players at international level with the WC nex year its dissapointingI agree owen is still englands best out nd out strikerwhat countries would they be squad members for?

Bent, Davies & Beattie could get in many World/Euro teamsdnt be fooled by the exotic names
trust me im not fooled by exotic namesbut what standard of world/euro teams do u think these man would get in??
Ignore Anelka he thinks rating sub standard players makes him more knowlegable about football, see's things in players nobody else does. amazing really.

They would get inits not the standard, its the comparable standardthe amount of goals they have scored in their relative leagues + the striker shortage
exactly

Downing too, lmao.King is better than Toure, dunno about Gallas tho.

HARRY REDKNAPP has again clashed with England boss Fabio Capello in a fresh club v country row.Tottenham defender Ledley King is at the centre of the battle of swollen knee which has set Spurs against the FA.White Hart Lane chief Redknapp insisted he would never stop any player representing his country and acknowledged the prestige associated with pulling on an England shirt.Yet he claims coach Capello has ignored his advice over the most famous right knee in the Premier League.King has shown remarkable courage and commitment to fight back from serious injury and once again lead Spurs by example.The club has clawed its way out of relegation trouble to the brink of European qualification.BIG CALL ... Fabio CapelloBIG CALL ... Fabio CapelloBut he has become an unlikely victim of his own success.The spirit which has won rave reviews was seen first hand by Capello in Saturday’s 1-0 win over Chelsea and has shown up on the Italian’s radar.Good news for King and England but bad news for Spurs.A stunned Redknapp said: “We only found out officially on Sunday that Ledley had got an England call-up. But we heard a whisper last week he was in Fabio Capello’s thoughts. I explained the situation regarding Ledley’s knee to Stuart Pearce and told him to pass it on to Capello.“I said if Ledley plays against Ukraine next Wednesday, there is no way he would be able to play for us the following Saturday.“I explained that but they have gone and picked him anyway. I can’t see it myself, it’s mad. It’s pointless at best.“Ledley came into training on Monday after the Chelsea game and his knee was badly swollen.“He usually goes straight off to see the medical staff and they get to work on him. He hardly trains with us.“He barely manages anything on a Friday the day before a game, that’s how it has to be with him.“Ledley is a fantastic player for us and I would never stop any player playing for their country.“It’s great for them and it’s good for Spurs if we have players in the England squad, so I am sympathetic towards him. He has played really well this season.“But people have to understand the situation and how we have to manage him. He can play Saturday and Saturday, with a bit of work on an exercise bike or a swim in between. He has no cartilage in his knee.”The England squad meets today ahead of Saturday’s friendly against Slovakia.King has been drafted in on merit but third-choice centre-back Matt Upson of West Ham has been struggling with a calf injury lately.Skipper John Terry, Manchester United captain Rio Ferdinand, Phil Jagielka and Joleon Lescott are all included in the party.Redknapp has previously crossed swords with Capello over tactics and was confused why midfielder Steven Gerrard was employed on the left against the Czech Republic last August.AdvertisementHe is even more baffled by King’s call-up — even though Spurs have made it clear their player is not up to it.Redknapp added: “He couldn’t train with England, because he doesn’t train with Tottenham.“There would be no point in Ledley playing against Slovakia. Why would you do that?“You couldn’t throw him in to see what he can do because you could not take Ledley to the 2010 World Cup. His knee is not up to it. It’d blow up under the strain.”Redknapp has claimed King, 28, would have been considered one of the great all-time defenders had it not been for knee problems and other injuries which have dogged him for years.He missed the 2006 World Cup after breaking his foot and injured his knee in pre-season training, ruling him out long-term.But the battling East Londoner has refused to give up, despite being written off several times.Redknapp insists he is protecting King’s long-term future in football as much as Spurs’ interests in the Premier League.King’s last England appearance was against Estonia in June 2007. Redknapp declared: “It’s quite remarkable what he does. Had he not had these problems, Ledley would be a legend alongside John Terry and Rio Ferdinand.”Capello has promised Tottenham there will be no gambles with King’s fitness.An FA spokesman said last night: “The England management have spoken to Tottenham today and explained they will take no risks at all with Ledley King.“They fully understand the player’s injury situation but wanted to have a close look at him in the team environment, as Ledley has not previously been part of a Fabio Capello squad.“He will be monitored by the England and Tottenham medical staff before any decision on training or playing is made.”

Bent, Davies & Beattie could get in many World/Euro teamsdnt be fooled by the exotic names
This guyI rate Beattie I always have but Im convinced you are one of those black people in pubs who chant all evening trying to fit in with the yt's and later on talking to Gaz and Gavvo about the great british bulldog spiritCHANGE THE f*ck*ng RECORD you imbecileYou rate sh*t players who run up and down and get their head smashed inWE f*ck*ng GET IT