Summer Speculation topic

HangTheDJ

Guest faze .
looks like man united might get young then from the rumors im hearing thought downing was out til january how he gonna pass a medicaloh yeahread paddy kenny is suspended coz of drug use what drugs was my man using
cough medicine :D

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wellbeck is the great Mancunian hope at UnitedEckersley apparently wants out and we seem to have gone down the Arsenal route of bringing in foreigners to our academy/youth teams thus leaving the local lads with not a lotta chance to break through even towards the end of last season Wellbeck was replaced on the bench by Macheda not that i'm complaining, but i'd prefer to see local lads coming through the system.

Man Utd are still slight favourites for the league IMO, although I have a sneaky suspicion Liverpool will win it.Anything that stops Chelsea winning it is OK by me.Buy I reckon against the top opposition over two legs (Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona and possibly Real Madrid) in the European Cup they'll come up short.Their midfield is lacking compared, it's just not good enough.Anderson, Carrick, Fletcher, Scholes, Giggs, Hagreaves, none of those compare to Iniesta, Xavi, Toure, Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Lampard, Ballack, Essien.

villa close on 25m swoop for downing and bent*prays*
lol it's ridiculous, so overpricedDowning £12Bent £12Delph £7thought he might look foreign a little more this window but alas.

According to some people Alonso will be sold after the 18th of July as his sell on clause will run out with Real Sociedad...
I'd be over the moon if we sold him for £25m+Raf wants £35mNot saying I want him to leave.. As long as Masch stays Im good
Xabi Alonso will force showdown talks over his future after failing to be convinced he is wanted at Anfield.The Liverpool midfielder has made clear his desire to move to Real Madrid following two successive summers where he felt manager Rafa Benitez was trying to sell him.
Pissed ones.

He got married the other day. Thing is its just bare paper talk atm, he hasnt said anything, man just went and got married and is enjoying his summer. I hope he stays, was immense last season and just confirmed what had been said for ages.If what he said earlier in the transfer window rings true then madrid will miss out on him. He wanted his future sorted by the 19th which is when our spanish players return from their break. If they are waiting for the sociedad clause in his contract to run out they literally have a day to stump up the money or thats it. Im hoping he stays at liverpool, all about keeping the spine of the team together.

Manchester City manager Mark Hughes says the club are in negotiations to sign Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor."There have been discussions and there is possibly a deal to be done but nothing has been concluded," Hughes said at the unveiling of Carlos Tevez.Togo international Adebayor is believed to be on sale for about £25m after three-and-a-half seasons at Arsenal.The 25-year-old, who scored 16 times for the Gunners last season, has also been linked to AC Milan and Chelsea.Speaking at the press conference to announce the signing of Tevez, Hughes admitted that there could be more arrivals at the big-spending club before the start of the season."It may well be that opportunities will present themselves. We still have areas we want to strengthen," he said.Hughes also refused to rule out a possible move for Chelsea captain John Terry."I have fantastic respect for John Terry, but he is a Chelsea player" he added.City are intent on building a new-look attack and as well as Tevez have also added Paraguayan Roque Santa Cruz to their ranks this summer, having signed Craig Bellamy last season. The Eastlands club are eager to break into the Premier League's top four this coming season and have shown their determination with their close-season spending.Midfielder Gareth Barry was bought from Aston Villa, and from under the noses of last season's Premier League runners-up Liverpool, for £12m and City paid Blackburn about £18m for Paraguay international forward Santa Cruz.City completed a deal for Tevez on Tuesday - the Argentine joining after City paid a fee of around £25m to secure his registration from third party ownership after his contract with Premier League champions Manchester United expired.And if Adebayor also makes the switch to Eastlands, City will have captured players from three of the top six clubs in the top flight last season.In Adebayor, City would be buying a player who has scored 62 goals in 142 appearances for Arsenal since he joined from Monaco for £7m.He hit 30 goals in the 2007/08 season but struggled with injuries in the last campaign and also incurred the wrath of some Arsenal fans who felt the striker lacked commitment.With the influx of big-name players at Eastlands comes a new challenge for manager Mark Hughes, according to former Manchester City player Dennis Tueart.He told BBC Radio 5 Live: "The big challenge for managers now is to manage extremely wealthy young men, who do not need to work beyond their football careers."How does that affect their psyche and professionalism? These are things that the manager has got to sort out."

Im hoping he stays at liverpool, all about keeping the spine of the team together.
Fully C/S...He did mention that he would be happy to stay at Liverpool because hes one of the senior players now, and ive not heard anything about his wife wanting to go back to Spain, i think shes quite happy in England. If he does want to go to Spain i just hope we can keep him for one more year, and have an agreement with Madrid that he can join them next year, i dont want to loose any one from our team, With United looking weaker now than they did last year, and with Chelsea having a relatively old team, plus a new manager who has to adapt i think it will be a good chance for us to win the league.
I'd be over the moon if we sold him for £25m+
Also this is true, Anything above £25mill will be good business, All depends on Rafa tho, Also some people are saying we may resort to a 4-1-4-1 so im guessing he may want to use the Alonso money and have a starting line up like this...ReinaJohnson Carra Skertel Aurelio(Insua)MashceranoKuyt Gerrard Lucas Silva(Alonso Money)TorresI know people on here may laugh but i do think that Lucas will have his best year this year especially if Alonso goes, And playing with that formation will help him, i dont know why Rafa plays him as a holding midfilder, at Gremio he played alot higher up the pitch...

SSN Adebayor to have work permit hearing in Manchester tomorrow.Looks like he's gone then.

GivenZabaleta - Kompany - Lescott - BridgeDe Jong - BarryIrelandTevez - Adebayor - RobinhoTaylor - Onuoha - Dunne - Wright-Phillips - Petrov - Bellamy - Santa Cruz

Add another CM for the squad and they're on their way (presuming the rest of the squad will be sold off).Not much width though.