little Techy things that baffle you

VENOM

What baffles me is how the first ever computer was madeobviously every PC now made, were done using computers to design them then have machines construct them, but i can imagine the first one was hand built which then started a chain of a computer tree

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Electronic student so not much tbh.
how do laser printers work.
And digital cameras.Also - I dont want a wiki answer, I want you to break it down for me in your own words, please.
:lol: :lol:Tryna hot man up for?What I MEANT was there are not many things baffle me as I have basic knowledge so I have some grasp on how many electronics came to be, I'm a student after all.Laser printers basically take a screenshot of the page it's printing and basically blasts all the dark areas of the page, it print's so fast as it is not distinguishing letters or printing line by line like other printers....though if your talking about colour laser printers, that's out of my depth tbh.Digital cameras..ok 1-0 to you.

And digital cameras.Also - I dont want a wiki answer, I want you to break it down for me in your own words, please.
Lenses and all that focus and capture lightSensors convert light to electricityElectricity converted into datadata gets represented as an image

Guest Triple XXX

isnt that what the f*ckin topic is aboutmay be simple but i just cant get my head around hopw they work, im always impressedfor me its the fact the second arm doesnt jus spin around, butstops n start n the remainin 2 have 2 move precesly aswell

Guest Lemons
Lenses and all that focus and capture lightSensors convert light to electricityElectricity converted into datadata gets represented as an image
it's the data getting represented as an image that kills me. Same for TV's, all screens really. The magic of coding....

to make it simple as possible because i can't be bothered to start writing barsits the paper gets negatvitly charged by a thing called a corona wirea laser then writes an image onto a drum which postively chargedthe toner(ink) which is then entered into the mix...which is attracted to the postive written image on the drumthen the paper is sent through a series of rollers which lead it to the drumThe image which is on the drum in transfered to the paper due to the negative charge of the paperonce the image has been transfered the paper with the image on is sent through various rollers and a heat lamp to fuse the toner to the paper permentalytheres a few more parts to it but thats the basis of a laser printer..

Guest Esquilax

vinyls are the most confusing thing evera needle on a piece of plastic producing soundCD's are simple. its reading data which is converted into sound, but ridges on a black disc?owmybrain