Hey Ladies! Hair and Hair Alike.

Natalie

Argh, found out today i can't get my hair done :D My friend did a strand test on my hair with the bleach and it went ginger, so she said she would get this other kind of bleach that is designed to cut through black dye and test thatPhoned me this morning and she said Sallys dont stock it anymore you can only get it directly from Wella and you have to have a Wella card to order from themMy only other option is to have the colour stripped but i know that will absolutely wreck my hair, im gonna just have to either be patient and let it grow out a bit more and maybe get it cut, or just keep on dyeing it black coz theres no way im going to the hairdressers to get it done, my friend does my hair for dirt cheap and shes really good so ill just wait and let her deal with it eventually
i've had my hair stripped twice and i've bleached the front white before lol, the first time i bleached my hair from black it went ginger too, but then i bleached it again and it went white, then i used a toner to make it blonde. if you're really sick of the black (like i was) i would just bleach it till it's light enough then use a toner on top to get the colour you want. your hair will be damaged straight afterwards (mine was so bad that if i rubbed a strand between my fingers it would disintegrate) but i deep conditioned like crazy, used hot oil every day for like 2 weeks and after that it was ok.the only thing i regret about bleaching my hair now is that the part i bleached doesn't curl very well, but if you wear your hair straight it shouldn't be a problem. i say go for it, but only if you are prepared to look after your hair really well for the next few weeks as it will be damaged. i used smart blonde platinum blonde bleach. i've heard schwarskoff is one of the least damaging.edit: this blog is really helpful when bleaching your hair - http://killerstrands.blogspot.com/
Cheers Flapjacks that blog is really useful, have bookmarked it and will be using it as reference next time i decide to colour my hairHowever i have decided the way im going to deal with it is to colour my roots with a dark brown, so it will be a different colour to my ends but the difference wont be so obvious, making it less likely for me to give up and chuck a black over the topI like my hair black but i want to be able to have the option to change it if i get bored without having to wait forever before i can change it, so from now on i will just use darkest brown (which looks black anyway) and when summer rolls around again i can have some blonde in there without all this hassle!!

• 2 weeks later...

VERY impressed with my hair growth, now that i'm starting to take care of my hair properly it feels so good.Was thinking of doing brown highlights but im going to leave it for the moment, dont wanna f*ck up what ive worked so hard for!Also, curling your hair without any heat>>>>>>>>>Youtube>>>>>>>>>

^^^ Paper bag curls???/FINALLY found somewhere that will strip the black out of my hair and colour it for me, and its costing me next to nothing!! wont be happening for a few weeks yet as i have other things i need to spend my money on before luxuries like my hair lol, but its good timing as i was eyeing up a box of black hairdye the other day and i nearly purchased it, would have been back to square one again!!

• 2 weeks later...

Girls if you or anybody you know are doing fashion or are interested in a back catalogue of Elle and Vogue to buy I've got these ones left:Elle2009:February, April, May, June, July, August, September2010:Jan, February, March, AprilSupplements:A/W 2008 Runway EditS/S 2009 Runway EditA/W 2009 Runway EditS/S 2010 Runway EditHigh Street GuideS/S 2008 Best High Street BuysS/S 2010 AccessoriesVogue2009:April, May, JuneSupplements:Great Summer StyleSecret Address BookUltimate Catwalk Report Autumn 2009

Being quite patient with growing my hair out at the moment, still looks a bit strange as its blonde on top and black at the ends :D But i think im gonna get it stripped some time in the next few weeks anyway and go dark brown, my friend said if i buy the hair she will do me some extensions for free (not weave either proper bonded extensions) which is good coz my hair cant handle weave anymore

kurious ur msn has some sort of virus/ive stopped usin that rasta loc an twist, i musta bought a fraudulent one, sprayin away an it smell like piss, made my hair smell like cheesy feet an it was a completely different consistency to the othersso now im usin Africas Best oil, which smells nice an feels fantasticgot a sweat rash on the back of my neck tho not cool