Hey Ladies! Hair and Hair Alike.

Natalie

I keep hearing about cowashing but I can't imagine my hair getting clean with it. Speaking of washing, I really need to wash mine but it's become a whole day thing. it's getting ridiculous. Tell me I'm not the only one.I don't know if it's been posted but I love this blog:http://moptopmaven.blogspot.comIf I don't have bra strap length hair by the end of 2011 I'm going to be pissed.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm going to get braids. I haven't had full poetic justice braids in years (the fear of them falling off in public is a lot) but I've wanted them for ages now. sdc12752768x1024.jpg 134927356979fd78fd0dc7c.jpgI need to prepare my backside though, cos I've got a big head and I'm gonna end up with one numb arse

Right. I've got naturally very light hair but I get it highlighted (blonde) but it's light so even when there's regrowth you can't see it, it's like down to my waist length and in good condition but it needs a cut. I wash it once a week blow it then straighten it then I generally don't need to straighten it again for the rest of the week.Yey everythings great.No it's not because I'm apparently now allergic to shampoo!!!! Every shampoo I use my scalp hurts like f*ck for the next two days afterwards. My hairdresser showed me my scalp and it's RED. Apart from going to the doctors do I have to just use T Gel type things? She told me to use T Gel but it stinks and I don't want to!

It may be because it's quite a harsh ingredient that is known to be a skin irritant and used also in detergent, engine degreasers etc.You could start off with more commercial shampoos that are sulfate free such as Organix. It has a limited range in Boots, but way more choice on amazon and sometimes TK Maxx have the alternatives to boots. Naked is also quite good and is sold in Boots and I think Sainsburys are stocking the range now.In terms of the natural stuff, there's bentonite clay, african black soap (can be drying depending on ur hair type and/or the quality used), rhassoul clay .There's a few natural shampoos from Neal's Yard, although they are quite pricey and bentonite clay is also best purchassed from there if you choose that option. ( It's multipurpose as well, great for use as a face mask)The Anita Grant website also does a range of good quality shampoo bars.

I think I'm going to get braids. I haven't had full poetic justice braids in years (the fear of them falling off in public is a lot) but I've wanted them for ages now. sdc12752768x1024.jpg 134927356979fd78fd0dc7c.jpgI need to prepare my backside though, cos I've got a big head and I'm gonna end up with one numb arse
I really want these but 1. i dont know if i can get extentions with dreads and 2. even if i did my head would be dragging on the ground my hair has enuff weight as it is lol.
Got my hair done at morris roots 2day in tooting, only cuz im going away, she did a great job!
dont go there again the atmosphere is not that nice, plus u will realise they are rush rush to get your head done. go locstafari on brownhill rd catford the women (2 sisters) are lovely and the atmosphere is really nice it's a new shop as well. If anyone wants the number pm's.

I'm pissed off! I straightened my hair for the first time in ages so I could see my progress expecting it to be thick and long (considering the fact that I've been weaving and braiding and haven't relaxed in ages). It was a f*ck*ng thin, limp mess. Sure, it's grown a lot, but that's no good to me if it's thin. So I've cut all the ends off. I'm gonna stock up on aphogee, megatek, coconut oil, and I'm gonna sport tracks to it goes back to normal.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

finally found a hair product that helps my hair stay straight all dayseriously my hair is a nitemare to work with, its proper thick, curly, wavy, wake up in the morning and its just like woah, i look like a cavewoman. takes ages to straighten it n then when i do, it never stays straight.its grows in width more than f*ckin lengthonly plus side having blonde hair is that your hair aint as thick but thats no doubt probably down to the chemicals in the bleach messing it up, but least it was easier to maintain..lol @ when i had blonde hair though, looking back at, i look way different with blonde hair

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm pissed off! I straightened my hair for the first time in ages so I could see my progress expecting it to be thick and long (considering the fact that I've been weaving and braiding and haven't relaxed in ages). It was a f*ck*ng thin, limp mess. Sure, it's grown a lot, but that's no good to me if it's thin. So I've cut all the ends off. I'm gonna stock up on aphogee, megatek, coconut oil, and I'm gonna sport tracks to it goes back to normal.
Use Castor oilIt may be hard to buy though as some pharmacists wont sell it to you as pregnant ladies have been using it internally to induce labour.