The Official Athletics Thread

Admin.

Guest Lisa Turtle

C/S Colin.Bolt didnt wrap up today. He ran about as hard as he ran the 200m in Beijing.You lot have to remember that Gay was running through the pain barrier. I can't even being to fathom what running through a groin injury must feel like. 100% fit means he would have run faster, and lets not forget that until tonight this guy was the fastest man on paper this season.My only hesitancy is that Gay has only really got 1 more season to catch Usain (IMO)By the time Daegu comes around, aslong as he's fit, Bolt would have excelled so much technically that he will be pretty much uncatchable.

Guest M12 Part 2

tyson gay gets my respect, with a f*cked groin and knowing nothing short of a miracle would win him the race he still set a PB and national recordthe rest of the 100m athletes need to hang up their spikes or ding victor conte tbh, its a sad time for anyone coming through the ranks. Imagine coming up knowing you will never win a gold medal or break a WR as long as this man is still running.

Where did I say that?I'm just giving Gay credit because he is effectively racing someone from the future. As LOG and M12 have said, the guy ran the 3rd fastest time in history with a bad groin, so I think we can safely say that he would have been closer to or at the very least pushed Bolt a bit more. Put that together with the fact that he doesn't have the physical tools as some other guys, so he has to go to some ridiculous turnover (which is something I can relate to), makes for interesting discussion and speculation I think. I don't want to see time trials in major championships. I don't know how I can say it any clearer :|

Guest M12 Part 2
But he isn't! Not yet anyway. He hasn't perfected his craft yet.
which is what makes it scary IMOhe still has levels to go UP.a few bad injuries or getting caught up in that playboy lifestyle could mess him up if hes not strong minded. and even though i understand he is not invincible i think the crown is definately his to lose than other peoples to win.

So let me get this straight, after seeing Bolt destroy the WR in the Olympics without even trying THEN seeing him beat Gay by 0.13 and destroying the world record again while easing up in the last 10metres, you're still considering the fact that Gay can beat Bolt?
:!:

So let me get this straight, after seeing Bolt destroy the WR in the Olympics without even trying THEN seeing him beat Gay by 0.13 and destroying the world record again while easing up in the last 10metres, you're still considering the fact that Gay can beat Bolt?
:!:
c/sOptimism is good but come on guys. Bolt cannot be beaten unless he has a bad day. A really bad day at that. Its easy to sit here and say "Well if Gay improves his transistion...", but how do you know its physically possible? I'm sceptical about how bad Gays groin is if its bad at all. Smashed his PB with a bad groin? Did he pull out of any meets? If you think Bolt is unfinished article, his unfinished is far superior to that of Gay and Gay's 27. 29 at next major. Proud of Gay though. Warrior. Pleased with Powell finally and extremely happy for ChambersBolt... well nothing to say

Dunno why you guys are making it like Bolt is unbeatable.
hes not, but the only way he can be beaten by the current best in the world is when he has a terrible start or injury.this is bound to happen. like how marion jones was beaten by that white girl,she wasnt really 'faster' than her..just better prepared for that race.this will defo happen to bolt soon enough. that is the way gay can beat bolt