Gracious K - Migraine Skank (Official Video)

PopT

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Migraine Skank = one of the tunes of the year. Plus he's making £££ doing PAs up and down the UK. I'm happy for him plus his record deal.However, this video is another letdown. When will these video directors learn that the whole reason these songs get big is down to the dance. How can the music video NOT show the dance? come on now, its just common sense.File this under K.I.G.

Migraine Skank = one of the tunes of the year. Plus he's making £££ doing PAs up and down the UK. I'm happy for him plus his record deal.However, this video is another letdown. When will these video directors learn that the whole reason these songs get big is down to the dance. How can the music video NOT show the dance? come on now, its just common sense.File this under K.I.G.
I have to say this reply is on point.

Gracious has been recycling the same 4 sets of bars since he graced mic That being 1 of them.
He's on the remix of that Livvi Franc womans single 'I'm That Bitch' or whatever and he spat something different. Was surprised.Andc/s streets. Why they never focus on the dance

+This is also the reason why MC's should STOP jumping on Funky. Coz when it comes down to it, the beat wasn't made for you. You just took it and put bars on it.For that reason alone, anyone who listened to this tune when it first came out won't like, nor play, this version. I'd be mad pissed if someone played this version in the clubs.

• 1 month later...

way too late no radio playno hype= over

#52Not so easy is it. Death of Funky Skanks?
is just starting take a minute to climb up the charts
What you on about? That was the release. All the promo lead to last week. The label wont give a f*ck about it now. Major labels just move on.Triple X, which Tinchy tune you talking about, Stryderman? True. Admittedly they didnt put much money into it, it isnt bad, but people thought the skank records were easy hits.

I was told years ago...If you hear a dance track remotely buzzing sign it straight away...Pay anything from 15-30g's for it.Let it build in club landGive them a 15-20g video.f*ck where it charts cos the intention during the buzzing period is to make sure you license that sh*t to as many compilations as possible and recoup everytime and then some. f*ck what the artist does after that...

Guest Tibbius
I was told years ago...If you hear a dance track remotely buzzing sign it straight away...Pay anything from 15-30g's for it.Let it build in club landGive them a 15-20g video.f*ck where it charts cos the intention during the buzzing period is to make sure you license that sh*t to as many compilations as possible and recoup everytime and then some. f*ck what the artist does after that...
from a business point of view, id agree with this. it would be in the labels best interest as far as £££

Guest Triple XXX
thats actually a gd deal, for both sidesn yea i was talkin bout stryderman true they didnt do sh*t for that

Well Gracious got paid, man musta made bags off performance and royalties as well. So for him it was win win win, dunno why the labels wouldn't have seen this coming though.
no exactly, if i was a label i wouldnt invest in his next project due to the preformance of this one

Never saw this breaking in to top 20..Funky is not engineered for the charts.The way TF broke it down is the reasonable way to do things with that sort of music.I will like to see where Tribal man takes things, but if he was smart he will learn from this.