Internationals

Admin.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

_______________ >>> French FA

Many believe Domenech will face the axe if France fail to beat Serbia on Wednesday after a stuttering qualification campaign.Domenech has had to endure criticism throughout his five-year reign due to his selection policies and the team's poor performance at Euro 2008 while Thierry Henry has reportedly blasted the 57-year-old's running of the team in training this week.The pressure on the Frenchman has only intensified with France knowing they must beat Group Seven leaders Serbia to prolong their slim hopes of finishing top of the group.Triaud has given his blessing, if Domenech was relieved of his duties, for Blanc to lead France in a two-legged play-off should they finish second in qualifying."Frankly, I would have nothing against that," he said. "If it would be deputising for a period when we don't have a lot to do, why not?"However, I don't feel it is the way Jean-Pierre Escalettes (FFF chairman) wants to go."If Laurent tells me he wants to do it, we won't be against such an idea, even if in my mind, it would only be to deputise.