THE SMARTPHONE THREAD

Lenny

So this Alcatel Idol 3 (4.7") has probably the best speakers I've had on a phone, longest battery, brightest screen. Camera is pretty weak but with a phone at £170 I really can't complain.

Not out in the UK yet I don't think, but if you lot are ever thinking of buying a cheap Android this would definitely be a recommendation..

I've stuck it out as long as I can but my N4 is finally dying. Need something short term before all the new flagships drop.

Briefly looked at the idol 3 online today, thought it was bigger than 4.7" unless it comes in 2 sizes? Is it stock android?

Nexus 6 had a price drop to £303 for the 32gb but was back up to £400 when I checked.

The One Plus Two specs are looking good, apparently will have a more premium build. If the new nexus don't deliver that will probably be my main cop.

Yeah there's 2 sizes. 4.7" version is lower specs but still works nice. 5.5" is like $50 more or something like that. Its just my interim phone until I can get a proper flagship. Like you I'll probably be looking at the next Nexus v the next OnePlus.

You looked at the ASUS Zenphone 2 dub?

71K5DsNJPxL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm eyeing it but its Intel so ROM development is air, its ASUS so OS updates will take years,

but 64GB

64 bit quad core processor

dual sim

1080p screen

4GB RAM

4G

Charges to 60% in 40 minutes

Costs 250

You know what, I've just typed this all out and suddenly the ROM issue isn't that big, I think the boot loader has been unlocked, all I need is stock 5.1 or something

yeah Zenfone is decent, most comparisons are between the Idol and Zenfone as the best phone in that price range, performance wise Zenfone wins but for battery, brightness, speakers and looks the Idol wins - most reviews have Zenfone winning overall

its not stock but its pretty close: custom lockscreen (start certain apps), task manager lets you clear all apps, and the phone is reverseable because it has mics on both side

Yeah battery is the next big thing for me after OS updates and dev support

But it has quick charge 2.0, I have a QC2.0 charger in my car even a 10 min drove would give decent juice

Not brothers about speakers but brightness could be an issue, although the moto x has its own brightness issues

I've jumped off the Android train

As someone that likes the latest tech It's too hard to keep up :lol:

Had my iPhone 6 for 6 months now

The choice you have with Android at all price ranges is actually nuts.

From your Moto E/G to Zenfones/Oneplus to Samsung/LG/HTC

Throw in some ever improving Chinese phones, I cant even decide these days. If I had the money I would seriously change phones every few months :lol:

What I'm saying, but I ain't got time for that, that's why the Zenphone us calm, that storage won't run out, new processor. If I could flash a new ROM every few months like a nexus I'd love that

Our I may wait, rumour is there's 2 nexus devices this year, big and small

• 2 weeks later...