Kanye West

Lionel & Dave

kanye talking a lot of sense there

hip hop IS holding him back

fully agree with his point of view with the millionaire vs billionaire thing

good example was when he said about the radio station....... its like some kid saying they want to aspire to be frank lampard.... why would you want to be frank lampard when you can be roman abramovic 

guys on the breakfast club got the blinkers on cant see the bigger picture

ive mentioned it here a lot of times in the race topics in whatever..... black people are too happy to settle for the life of the white upper working class

its true there is a demand for kanyes shoes and garms and now we know why nothing has dropped 

people in charge are out of touch.... they think because he is a black rapper his clothing line has to be an urban line...... look at how he dresses ffs

this is why i lol everytime i see cr7 or messi rocking a new boot that everyone else has....if theyre people got them a 1 away that only they had in the pro game....you know how much that would sell

companies underestimate pop icons influence on fashion and the world

• Upvote 4

kanye talking a lot of sense there

hip hop IS holding him back

fully agree with his point of view with the millionaire vs billionaire thing

good example was when he said about the radio station....... its like some kid saying they want to aspire to be frank lampard.... why would you want to be frank lampard when you can be roman abramovic 

guys on the breakfast club got the blinkers on cant see the bigger picture

ive mentioned it here a lot of times in the race topics in whatever..... black people are too happy to settle for the life of the white upper working class

its true there is a demand for kanyes shoes and garms and now we know why nothing has dropped 

people in charge are out of touch.... they think because he is a black rapper his clothing line has to be an urban line...... look at how he dresses ffs

this is why i lol everytime i see cr7 or messi rocking a new boot that everyone else has....if theyre people got them a 1 away that only they had in the pro game....you know how much that would sell

companies underestimate pop icons influence on fashion and the world

i hear what ur saying but cthagod+ ur normal kanye fan dont care about his fashion issues, they started liking kanye because of his music, now his "fashion issues" are starting to creep into his music, e.g naming a whole bunch of fashion execs that no1 cares 4....

i dont think CthaGod is tryna hold him back.what hes tryna say is "do what u gotta do,jus dont complain about it like we know who your talking about, n make sure the issue doesn't creep into your music or ppl will start to question why they liked u in the first place"

• Downvote 2

tbh if you dont get it

you dont get it

• Upvote 1

im not saying i dont get it,in fact i even said "i now get what hes talking about", im explaining what charlemagne is tryna put across to him, like he said" its rich ppl problems",  ur go hard music fan dont wnna hear u crying about people on tracks, or go to a concert to hear u talk about spending 9 hours designing a sweater with hedi slimane....they came to hear your music,were living in the "social media" age, instead of commentating on kanye putting on a great musical show,people are now going to his concert jus to break news,e.g" kanye just said f*ck nike" ...

all that "ranting" is making the true fans stay at home...

Kanye issue with the major corps, is a self-interested one.

Yes he's right in what he's saying about how they move.

But your a f*cking recording artist, smfh. You know how the game works.

His problem with Nike and LV is they played him.

Unlike Def Jam, who once his debut was succesful, they was ringing down his phone for the next album, artist, new recording contract or joint venture contract.

They clearly have said you was succesful but not THAT succesful, that you deserve what your asking for... and I honestly think thats the part that disturbs Kanye more than anything.

• Upvote 1

exactly, he said something about jordan getting royalties,jordans a sporting icon, jackson, jordan n ali, major black icons, kanye isnt on that level to be demanding somthing from a major company,nike dont need kanye, nike are a sporting company, when they do stuff like  the yeezy 1s thats just a bonus to them, it means a lot to kanye but nike will live with or without them....

• Upvote 1

gettin a cosign still wont make "real" fashion editors see his company along side LV ,gucci etc, 

they only cater to the rich upper class

kanye said himself his  clothes will be affordable for all ppl, LV n gucci are high end.

its kinda like bmw vs Ferrari, bmw make affordable cars,Ferrari make high end cars, even if bmw came out with a 260mph high end car, ppl will still value Ferrari higher, its just the way it is.

• Upvote 2

id say he is when it comes to jay-z

it also depends on the team he has around him,jay had dame ,steve stoute etc....

the type of person kanye is, i dont think he wants that type of team around him because it would become "our" vision instead of his...

jay even did a deal with rebook to launch the SdotCarters....

seanjohn used to be "hip hop" clothing, if you look at it now u would be shocked lol,

yeah i just took a look at sean jean and phat farm, definitely trying to appeal to the masses, rocawear looks played out though, dunno how its supposed to be worth half a billion

what's 'OPM' mean?

opium