Getting Engaged

Supernova

i think private ceremonythen have just a shindig, bbq kinda ting afterwardsav a party about it, less pressure
This is what i'm thinking, no speeches, i might thank everyone real quick for helping out and turning up etc... but it's gonna be low key, with just immediate family, maybe grandparents. her sis had the right idea, got married in the Bahamas so barely anyone could afford to go! Might have a small party on another day but f*ck having all them ppl u know from different places ALL wanting to talk to u, that's not my idea of a good time.
  • Upvote 1

i think private ceremonythen have just a shindig, bbq kinda ting afterwardsav a party about it, less pressure
This is what i'm thinking, no speeches, i might thank everyone real quick for helping out and turning up etc... but it's gonna be low key, with just immediate family, maybe grandparents. her sis had the right idea, got married in the Bahamas so barely anyone could afford to go!
lol, that's what I wanna do, get married abroad which weeds out all the unneccessary guests.

I never wanted a big wedding partly because I don't speak to half my family and there'll end up being like 4 people from my family on my side of the church lol.
GF has a recurring bad dream like this, her side would literally be empty too, cos all her familly are dead/imprisoned/estranged/live in barbados.
Me and her should join forces and then get like 10 people on our side.

I had the first wave of weddings back when I was 19 / 20. A few of my mates got engaged. I put it down to them thinking they can have a white wedding and suddenly aren't standard broke people anymore,Second wave is happening now, I'm 25 now. Now I'm putting it down to peer and society pressure. E.g. a few guys got engaged "because it's what you do at this age" - wife, mortgage, kids. The others got engaged because their peers were getting engaged.Sad TBH

lol at getting engaged when you cant afford to marry.lmfao"Haven't set a date yet"gtfoalso lol @ getting married while in Unilmfaolive your life first plyr
trust..some guy I know told me he was engaged like last week. This dude finished uni 2 years ago and aint even BOTHERED to look for a job and hes talking bout engagement..Hardly even has credit on his phone to call his chick ..Each to their own tho. I will get engaged when I lay a solid foundation for a family. (finances, goals e.t.c) and now is not the time.. f*ck age.
  • Upvote 2

lol at getting engaged when you cant afford to marry.lmfao"Haven't set a date yet"gtfoalso lol @ getting married while in Unilmfaolive your life first plyr
trust..some guy I know told me he was engaged like last week. This dude finished uni 2 years ago and aint even BOTHERED to look for a job and hes talking bout engagement..Hardly even has credit on his phone to call his chick ..Each to their own tho. I will get engaged when I lay a solid foundation for a family. (finances, goals e.t.c) and now is not the time.. f*ck age.
:D