Are you afraid of death?

Captain Planet

not afraid of death at all

however i am afraid of dying

im not afraid

ive nearly lost my life a number of times, I'm only here by the Grace of the Almighty, literally

thats how i know when it's my time it's my time, i imagine perhaps being dissappointed dying without having done certain things but what

i have no fear

nah not really

just shook of wot happens after like, is there life after death or wot?

i suppose people like to believe so just to fill a hole and to feel like their is something more. its just human pyscology i suppose.

tbh i have no idea, but id imagine without a physical being and a brain as the medium for your thoughts then it doesnt make much sense. then again there could be sumin we dont understand yet.

hopefully in the future there will be a way were we have technology so that we dont have to leave it to chance if we dont want to. sumin along the lines of interfacing with a CPU and keeping your brain alive. who knows.

nah not really

i suppose people like to believe so just to fill a hole and to feel like their is something more. its just human pyscology i suppose.

tbh i have no idea, but id imagine without a physical being and a brain as the medium for your thoughts then it doesnt make much sense. then again there could be sumin we dont understand yet.

hopefully in the future there will be a way were we have technology so that we dont have to leave it to chance if we dont want to. sumin along the lines of interfacing with a CPU and keeping your brain alive. who knows.

don't you think u have a soul or spirit?

the body including ur brain is just a fragile vessel

• Upvote 1

the dead know nothing, no concept of time or space so when each of us die is when judgement will take place, probably instantaneously to us passing, so as someone who has made peace with God and prays daily im sure when ever i do die whether tomorrow or in 50 years I'll be happy knowing everlasting life is awaiting me as a certainty.

Guest WAVESURFER

nah not really

Your brain is an especially fragile vessel.

• Downvote 2

nah not really

ye i do belive i have a soul, but that "soul" is just something thats created from the mind and self recognition. basically its just your perspective of your being, the concept of being able to think at all and the entirity of your brain and more specifically the complex electronics involved within it. as much as it sometimes doesnt feel like it, it really is all in your mind/brain/head.

the body is precious but we could theoretical maintain our existence without it, given the correct "wiring" for our brain. nobody knows how to do that yet tho.

also on a sidenote, the idea of the soul being the electrical fields of the brain makes a bit of physical sense when you consider that most ghostly encounters are coupled with strong electro-magnetic variations. nobody has any proof but it kind of suggests that electro-magnetism being the reminents of the workings of a brain, or a soul if you will.

nah not really

Your brain is an especially fragile vessel.

why dont u get off my back, you don't know me yet you've always got some unnecessary comments to make about me

get a life, stop tryin to impress ur neeky internet supporters

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

i'm scared of being taken early, ive only just got started really, so much left to do. Had a few close brushes and like many others, i had the distinct feeling of being watched over, whether it was my ancestors, guardian angels, lady luck or just me cashing in my good karma, I don't mind, point is the more i do good the safer i feel.

Death itself is not something we really allow ourselves to experience in western/modern culture, it's pushed into the background and hidden away. I have been with people as they died and whilst i wish more than anything that those people were still with us, particularly a friend of mine, I watched him fight so hard to stay, he wasnt ready to go, I am grateful that i have seen death up close.

because whether it was my friend who was very scared or my grandad who smiled before he left, the change was the same. The life force which animated them, that made them who they were had departed.

nothing makes the idea that our physical form is just a vessel that holds us temporarily more vivid than seeing someone die, i dont see how anyone can witness death and believe otherwise. The person's essence, soul if you like is simply there one moment and completely gone the next and I personally believe the essence is too powerful to simply cease completely.

• Upvote 6

Nah not afraid of death. More afraid of life in general tho.

A few recent events have got me thinking tho. like recently A friend I used to buss joke with in the youth centre a few years back before he went uni. I found out he passed away via facebook a few days ago. Funeral is next week and am not feeling to go. Last time similar thing happened to a friend it was a bad experience.

but I usually fear for the elder ones in the family tree.

I don't like picking international calls.

I cherish every moment I spend with friends and family alot more these days tho.

More afraid of dying before doing everything I expect/want to do.

Unless it's drowning. f*ck drowning or burning.

C/S that!

Those are probably my most feared ways of dying.

If im honest with my self I probably am frightened of dying, because I dont feel I'm ready so similar to what Angelo is in the above phrase.

So I don't go around thinking about it and just enjoy each day as much as I can. I'm also a lil scared at the thought that one day I will loose my parents, makes me never want to leave them.

Tbh, I am.

Like when I go that's it.

No more me for like EVER & EVER & EVER.

Like what happens after?

It's nuts.

THIS

Its f*cked when you think of it and pretty depressing, NEVER seeing anything EVER again for EVER. Its proper f*cked.

Just f*cked to think that there will ppl thinking "rah imagine ppl living in 2010" these times its year 2100